Single A Baseball

FlyingEagle86

FC's senior catcher is Drew Erie. A four year starter he has outperformed anyone I've seen as well behind the dish. Watching his work ethic for several years and seeing the time and effort he has put into honing his catching skills & baseball in general I'm not surprised by his success. He is the best I've seen the past two yrs in high school and deserves to be recognized as one of, if not the best in TN.

Edited by Volzchamps

I'm not sure who Gallatin pitched, but I know it wasn't 6 of the starters Jones, Beaty, Tatum, Baker, Replogle, or Coggins. The tournament and injuries took care of that. There were several JV players and non-starter Varsity players getting game time against a good FC club. Just sayin.

Whatever, I'd make excuses too. All those mentioned above were in the lineup for the Wave who were handcuffed all day by Kyle Wood who only allowed 1 hit thru the first 5 innings.

You must have got there late when you mention seeing JV players on the field. FC's JV knocked off the waves JV in the 2nd game 14-0.

No need to be embarrassed by losing to a 1A team like FC. FC has defeated all of the AAA - TN teams faced thus far plus D2 Father Ryan, 2 6A MS teams including their 2 time defending state champs, and 6A robertsdale AL.

Just sayin.

Whatever, I'd make excuses too. All those mentioned above were in the lineup for the Wave who were handcuffed all day by Kyle Wood who only allowed 1 hit thru the first 5 innings.

You must have got there late when you mention seeing JV players on the field. FC's JV knocked off the waves JV in the 2nd game 14-0.

No need to be embarrassed by losing to a 1A team like FC. FC has defeated all of the AAA - TN teams faced thus far plus D2 Father Ryan, 2 6A MS teams including their 2 time defending state champs, and 6A robertsdale AL.

Just sayin.

Wow...thanks daddy

Still stuck in Cocke County, I appreciate the update. Last time I saw FCS I was really impressed with the play of the catcher, has he signed with anybody? He is as good a catcher as I have seen in the last 10 years in TN High school ball. Can you update me on what type of year he is having?

Erie is the mainstay behind the plate at FCS. He also plays infield in certain pitching rotations. He is having a great senior season so far. He went yard his first at bat of his senior year. His pop-time is the 1.93 range and his quick release gets the back picks at first. Not many players will run on him but once. As far as college...guess we will wait and see where he ends up...

MTCS threw a freshman against them then an inning each for a couple of their more experienced pitchers. Freshman was offspeed pitcher. Did Gant pitch against Spring Hill?

None of the pitchers Riverside saw from MTCS were super impressive. They just pitched to contact and Riverside couldn't get base hits.

Gant went 6 struck out 8 and allowed 2 hits against Spring Hill

None of the pitchers Riverside saw from MTCS were super impressive. They just pitched to contact and Riverside couldn't get base hits.

Gant went 6 struck out 8 and allowed 2 hits against Spring Hill

Maybe not impressive but obviously very effective. Do you know who the pitcher was for Spring Hill or at least his jersey number? Doesn't sound like their ace if they gave up 11.