Single A Baseball

FlyingEagle86

The only thing you're right about in this one is me being GREEN. I am and always will be a "light" green Marine. Now you probably don't know what that means so let me explain it for you. In the Marine Corps there is only one color with two shades. You're either a light green or a dark green Marine, nothing else. So yes i am green but not with envy. Jackson County is not very good in baseball, they had a good year last year but don't see them making much noise this year. On one thread you people deny recruiting on another thread you openly admit it. Until T$$AA does something about this there is nothing public schools can do but work hard and get better. Its a money thing we all know it, thats why they haven't had a total separation from the public/private sector. I fight for the public school teams that don't have the same opportunity the private school teams do. The less fortunate kids, that cannot afford to pay for their education and have to play where they live. I have fought for this country so that we may all have choices, to give everyone the chance at freedom and a better way of life. I'm not against private schools, what i am against is people like yourself and commanderman and all the other clowns that constantly put down public programs while bragging about FCS and all its achievements. It disgusts me to be perfectly honest. Its the typical private school mentality, like you are priveleged or better than those that do not attend a private school. Its easy to field a quality team year after year when you recruit, thats been my message all along but on another thread everyone vehemently denies there is any of that taking place, however on this thread you openly admit to it. Thats the point i was making. I do not envy this school in any way shape or form. I'm sure there are some wonderful people, teachers and students that go there but then there is also a faction like you and your cronies that want to put down everyone else just because the private school wins more than that school in some sports. If you ask me its a sad life you live... ya'll have a nice day :thumb:

Thanks for your service to our country. How about you come to Cosby High School (yes it;'s public) and see what having no money is all about, trust me buddy Jackson County's facilities are palacial compared to ours. Man I grew up in rural Appalachia without electricity or running water, I don't think I'm better than anybody.

Thanks for your service to our country. How about you come to Cosby High School (yes it;'s public) and see what having no money is all about, trust me buddy Jackson County's facilities are palacial compared to ours. Man I grew up in rural Appalachia without electricity or running water, I don't think I'm better than anybody.

I've been to Cosby Hampton and Unaka. I know you face the same challenges we do so my question to you is why you choose to defend these people that lie about recruiting and then ridicule programs because of their inability to compete at the same level their beloved private school does?

I've been to Cosby Hampton and Unaka. I know you face the same challenges we do so my question to you is why you choose to defend these people that lie about recruiting and then ridicule programs because of their inability to compete at the same level their beloved private school does?

In all honesty, I think you are lumping all private schools into a category of cheaters when I know that's not the case. Don't confuse what's able to be done at Ensworth, BA, and MBA with what's happening at FCS, those are two different worlds my friend and you know it.

Edited by DoyleHargravesConstruction

The only thing you're right about in this one is me being GREEN. I am and always will be a "light" green Marine. Now you probably don't know what that means so let me explain it for you. In the Marine Corps there is only one color with two shades. You're either a light green or a dark green Marine, nothing else. So yes i am green but not with envy. Jackson County is not very good in baseball, they had a good year last year but don't see them making much noise this year. On one thread you people deny recruiting on another thread you openly admit it. Until T$$AA does something about this there is nothing public schools can do but work hard and get better. Its a money thing we all know it, thats why they haven't had a total separation from the public/private sector. I fight for the public school teams that don't have the same opportunity the private school teams do. The less fortunate kids, that cannot afford to pay for their education and have to play where they live. I have fought for this country so that we may all have choices, to give everyone the chance at freedom and a better way of life. I'm not against private schools, what i am against is people like yourself and commanderman and all the other clowns that constantly put down public programs while bragging about FCS and all its achievements. It disgusts me to be perfectly honest. Its the typical private school mentality, like you are priveleged or better than those that do not attend a private school. Its easy to field a quality team year after year when you recruit, thats been my message all along but on another thread everyone vehemently denies there is any of that taking place, however on this thread you openly admit to it. Thats the point i was making. I do not envy this school in any way shape or form. I'm sure there are some wonderful people, teachers and students that go there but then there is also a faction like you and i say you because you seemed to have aligned yourself with these people, and your cronies that want to put down everyone else just because the private school wins more than a local public school in some sports. If you ask me its a sad life you live... ya'll have a nice day :thumb:

They'll suprise you, they may even repeat some of the success they had last year :thumb:

In all honesty, I think you are lumping all private schools into a category of cheaters when I know that's not the case. Don't confuse what's able to be done at Ensworth, BA, and MBA with what's happening at FCS, those are two different worlds my friend and you know it.

I think you're missing my point. It's not about the school at all. I respect the school its coaches and admire their programs. It's about the people on here that proclaim their loyalty to FCS and constantly put down and degrade other programs year in and year out all the while denying that they openly recruit. That's my issue

The only thing you're right about in this one is me being GREEN. I am and always will be a "light" green Marine. Now you probably don't know what that means so let me explain it for you. In the Marine Corps there is only one color with two shades. You're either a light green or a dark green Marine, nothing else. So yes i am green but not with envy. Jackson County is not very good in baseball, they had a good year last year but don't see them making much noise this year. On one thread you people deny recruiting on another thread you openly admit it. Until T$$AA does something about this there is nothing public schools can do but work hard and get better. Its a money thing we all know it, thats why they haven't had a total separation from the public/private sector. I fight for the public school teams that don't have the same opportunity the private school teams do. The less fortunate kids, that cannot afford to pay for their education and have to play where they live. I have fought for this country so that we may all have choices, to give everyone the chance at freedom and a better way of life. I'm not against private schools, what i am against is people like yourself and commanderman and all the other clowns that constantly put down public programs while bragging about FCS and all its achievements. It disgusts me to be perfectly honest. Its the typical private school mentality, like you are priveleged or better than those that do not attend a private school. Its easy to field a quality team year after year when you recruit, thats been my message all along but on another thread everyone vehemently denies there is any of that taking place, however on this thread you openly admit to it. Thats the point i was making. I do not envy this school in any way shape or form. I'm sure there are some wonderful people, teachers and students that go there but then there is also a faction like you and i say you because you seemed to have aligned yourself with these people, and your cronies that want to put down everyone else just because the private school wins more than a local public school in some sports. If you ask me its a sad life you live... ya'll have a nice day :thumb:

I've said all along that we recruit. Anybody can recruit. Go back and read all posts I have said about recruiting and you won't find me denying anything about recruiting. It's completely legal to recruit. We can't pay for them to come to school but we can tell them that they should look into coming to FCS (recruiting). all it takes is between 8k and 9k a year and we'll sign em up.

I've said all along that we recruit. Anybody can recruit. Go back and read all posts I have said about recruiting and you won't find me denying anything about recruiting. It's completely legal to recruit. We can't pay for them to come to school but we can tell them that they should look into coming to FCS (recruiting). all it takes is between 8k and 9k a year and we'll sign em up.

No it's not legal to recruit, let TSSAA, for example, catch a coach of another team talking to another player about coming their to play baseball and see what happens :thumb:

No it's not legal to recruit, let TSSAA, for example, catch a coach of another team talking to another player about coming their to play baseball and see what happens :thumb:

No they don't come to just play baseball, they come to further their education lol. But seriously, any transfers we do get usually come because the parents don't like the program they are coming from, not because we go out and tell them to come to FCS

Edited by CommanderMan

No they don't come to just play baseball, they come to further their education lol. But seriously, any transfers we do get usually come because the parents don't like the program they are coming from, not because we go out and tell them to come to FCS

I didn't say it's not being done, but if someone is caught then it would be ugly for whoever gets caught.

My sons went to FC.... I could not get them out of there fast enough. Now many years later, I'm glad I left when I did. I do have respect for their baseball program, and there players, parents of players etc....

There are a great deal of advantages for students to attend FC. For my sons it was not a good fit, for some students it's perfect. My daughter graduated from FC and she loved it.

Most of time, players are leaving their high school where they are zoned to attend FC for a better opportunity, I don't think FC actively recruits, i have a son that was actively recruited by a private school, and they made no bones about it. But for FC they are just the best option for Wilson County players not wanting to play for their public high school.

FC gets a lot of MJ players and Lebanon that have been playing baseball for years, it's not like the FC coaching staff has been building these players for years, they come in that way.

Their facilites are average at best.

Edited by FightinIllini