O.Springs vs sweetwater let the trash talkin begin

BassTastic

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, sweetwater isn't unbeatable. I'm a fan but as the voice of reason, I'm also bound to call it like I see it. I said early in the season that the d. would have to tighten up, and their o. would have to lessen their dependency on the run. In the last 2 or 3 games, the d. has looked better (Lord knows I love a dominating d). However, I can't say if it is truly better or if it has to do with the opponents (matchups, etc). Friday should be a good indicator.

I'm not sold on the effectiveness of the passing game yet either. Someone WILL be able to stop the run, either through stacking the line or from pure strength and size in the middle, and swater will have to pass to loosen up the d. From what I gather through player postings, etc, swater realizes this and is working hard on it. JP has looked a little more comfortable in passing and he's got an absolute gun, but he just scares me to death when he throws into coverage. Again, Friday will be a good indicator.

As far as the tippy toeing around personal accusations goes, these players are still kids and shouldn't be dragged through the mud on a message board- don't you know that's why we have politicians?!

Just my humble but accurate insight ;)

just to clear things up with joe:

tj did start over carl his sophomore year, because at that time he was the better back and carl didnt emerge like he is until his junior year. tj earned state championship mvp as a soph. the next year Carl was a different back altogether, that allowed us to run more split back, and with them two together NO ONE stopped us. we broke almost all the offensive records for maryville. none the less, come watch sweetwater play, and lets all hope he gets back soon, hes ben through a lot this past year, and he cant wait to be on the field with his brothers again

Posted by TheAnswer9:

Just like my man Tank stated: Hey boys, don't take anything with any value at ALL to Sweetwater because there is a good chance you'll not come home with it--just ask the 2001 version of the Bobcats. I can handle losing, in any way shape, form, or fashion, but....being robbed blind while busting your butt on the field by a bunch of SW thugs just doesn't do a whole for me. Yes, I'm pulling for the Bobcats this week and every week beyond. But...I'm also pulling for Sweet to carry the torch on into the state--a Region brother.

However, it just ticks me off every time I think about the players having items stolen from their locker room last post-season!!

First off let me say I'm sorry that happened, there are bad apples everywhere and you should never leave your stuff unlocked anywhere you go, because if this can happen in sweetwater it can happen anywhere! Now what you fail to mention is that everyone got there stuff back and they were totally reimbursed, so nothing was lost! These were just a couple bad apples (junior high students) and the situation was totally taken care of! As I said, there are trouble makers everywhere, but don't let the actions of a couple trouble makers cause you to think of sweetwater in a bad way, we took care of everything, and no one lost anything! I don't think everyone in Oliver Springs is a drunk, because a few people at oliver springs last year had to be arrested last year because they were drunk and cussing, and threatening our kids as they left the field, or the boy in the band or siting with the band that kept shining a laser light in our players eyes until one of our coaches had to finally point the boy out of the crowd before anything was done. Point is we have went through all of this once, after those things happened I saw several get on here and apologize for what happened because they were ashamed something like that happened in sweetwater. I never saw anyone get on here from OS and say anything about the drunks

how would you have reacted if something like this happened to one of your sons? Some bad things have happened both ways, maybe this year after 9/11 we can put all this behind us, and everyone get along, there is nothing wrong with rooting for your team, and the great rivalery this has turned into, but after the game, lets all remember in the big picture we are all brothers and sisters! GO CATS ;):D:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:-- Everyone have a safe trip to sweetwater, can't wait till friday!

i agree with sweetreb im a player at sweetwater and i kno it kills tj to be on crunches and now he has a boot on and he is being very patient and we cant to have him back his presence is more felt on d than o but he is a great player both ways he jsut brings a presence with him well i cant wait till friday just 3 dayz away

[Edited by CIZZLE on 10-15-02 1:52P]

Troublemakers.....thieves.....drunks.....cussers....threatening kids.....blinding laser lights. WOW, sounds like a football game to me. See everybody in Sweetwater Friday night.

Posted by Swildcat1967:
Posted by TheAnswer9:

Just like my man Tank stated: Hey boys, don't take anything with any value at ALL to Sweetwater because there is a good chance you'll not come home with it--just ask the 2001 version of the Bobcats.

it just ticks me off every time I think about the players having items stolen from their locker room last post-season!!

I don't think everyone in Oliver Springs is a drunk, because a few people at oliver springs last year had to be arrested last year because they were drunk and cussing, and threatening our kids as they left the field, or the boy in the band or siting with the band that kept shining a laser light in our players eyes until one of our coaches had to finally point the boy out of the crowd before anything was done.!

Obviously people on here can't read worth a crap I asked a simple question because I had heard three stories. For the person that thought I said he was recruited and thought I was an idiot for thinking that. Buddy learn to read I said that's what someone told me. As a matter in fact I even said myself in the statement that that was kind of odd because Maryville os one of the richest places to play... So before you reply and go off on someone please read and understand and it sounds like some of you need to read it more then once to do that. But futhermore I asked if he had gotten kicked off maryvilles team... I even stated that I didn't want any personel reasons because that's his own concern but I just wanted to know if he was kicked off. I also heard he had family but I figured that he wouldn't move to sweetwater just because of family so I didn't think that was the reason. But to conclude I really wanted to know how good he was becasue I knew he had gotten Clinic Bowl MVP and all that but I saw him and thought he was undersized. I also wanted to know if any colleges were looking at him for Cornerback maybe. But hey I'm the last to criticize on here I just wanted to know fact without detail that would embarrass anyone. So sorry you took it that way but hey it wasn't my fault. And Goose you surprise me because you urged it on for them to get mad about it and for one I figuered you could comprehend a little bit anyways.

I wouldn't say that I urged it on, I was giving you a warning. I figured the Wildcat fans would get mad when you asked questions about one of their players. I've also heard stuff about the reasons that Brock left Maryville, but I don't think many people on here know the reason(s) why.

[Edited by goosevol on 10-15-02 8:53P]

Posted by goosevol:

I wouldn't say that I urged it on. I figured the Wildcat fans would get mad when you asked questions about one of their players. I've also hears stuff about the reasons that Brock went to Maryville, but I don't think many people on here know the reason(s) why.

Darn...hate this game is so far away. I like a good ole hate game. Makes for good football!!

Fan(who still hates last week...but like last year...the journey starts now!!)

Posted by BassTastic:

As I rolled up to my computer and logged on to CoachT expecting to see some post by people who actually know what they are talking bout. But alas I still cannot comprehend the idiocy that flows from your fingertips. One thi ng that really got me laughing was the statement that SHS recruited TJ. We are in one of the States poorest school regions and everything we have we have to fight for it. SO how is SHS going to recruit anyone? So I am sorry to say that your conspiracy the ory is not only wrong but also totally asinine. As far as his personal life is concerned I think you should back up from the key board and walk away before you say something you shouldn't its his PERSONAL life that means you have nothing to do with it. Something else that really took the cake was the statement that we must earn he respect of the OS fans OH GO TO CHURCH BIG BOY! This coming from the town that has a coach that is such a bad sport he wouldn't trade films with our coach after we beat them in the regular season. This coming from a town that had a fan in the stands last year shining a laser light in the eyes of the SHS players as the tried to play? I mean grow up and shut up. Just as I thought the moronic ideas had passed another theory that we fixed the refs. I mean come on! Its high school football not war here. They were TSSAA assigned refs we had nothing to do with the calls. But incase your still toiling over it. Yeah some bad calls were made but if you had won the games you wouldn't be complaining. I read on and still I ran into more and more moronic jargon. Guys please its better to let everyone think of you as stupid than to open your mouths and remove all doubt. Your beginning to get a little old to be acting like 5 year olds fighting over the last moon pie at the ma and pa market. But I say SHS 35 OS 7.

But hey that is just my un-humble BassTastic opinion ;););););););)

Just to let you know our coach isnt a bad sport about trading films. Your coach gives other teams the wide angle film where you cant get anything out of it. Everyone looks like ants runnin around. I think your coach is probly a smart guy so he knows what hes doin when he does that. That makes me lose alot of respect for your coach. He trades with everyone else hes lost to but im gonna say look for a good game this friday

Just to let you know our coach isnt a bad sport about trading films. Your coach gives other teams the wide angle film where you cant get anything out of it. Everyone looks like ants runnin around. I think your coach is probly a smart guy so he knows what hes doin when he does that. That makes me lose alot of respect for your coach. He trades with everyone else hes lost to but im gonna say look for a good game this friday

Isn't it interesting how fans will take on the persona/mindset of their coaches?

Just my humble but accurate insight ;)