South Gibson at OC

Reelfoot72

max...based on obions wins...from what i see only 1 team is over .500 at this point...

south gibson...and all 4 of their wins...well i mean adamsville could have pulled them off...

westview is an up and down .500 team...the only game theyve scored more than 2 TDs in was against ripley...and they won 30-22

ripley is 3-3...with wins over memphis northside, kirby and haywood...the loss to westview as mentioned and a 2 point loss to south gibson...

montgomery central is 3-4...theyre awful...we all know it...50-30...and ive heard that ur 2nd or 3rd team gave up 2 or 3 TDs...thats fine...but what was the score at half...ive heard close...a team that wants to beat DC shouldnt play a team that sorry that closely at half...just a stat...and like i said i know it was ur 2nd team or whatever...but montgomery central has scored 30 points 8 times since 2003...3 times this season...and 4 times vs houston county...and once vs giles co back in the day...the other 2 times this year...those teams combined record is 1-13...ur score should have been 50-10 at half...

obions other opponents are even worse...but what about DC...

well only 1 team theyve played has a .500 record...liberty...liberty held DC to 3 TDs in 4 and a half quarters of play...and that offense was only able to put up 28...

none have a record over .500

the 2 teams only have 1 common opponent...haywood...the worst team in 3A...i think 3A...its been so long since theyve made the playoffs its hard to tell what they are...that being said...DC won 44-6...im sure obions score will be the same...which means nothing because haywood is so awful...now if u give up more than 1 score...then somethings wrong...it doesnt matter how many u score against them...

i cant tell if munford scored more than 2 TDs on DC or not...im thinkin 2 TDs and some FGs or 2 point conversoins...who knows...but im gona say that other than the liberty game no one has scored more than 2 TDs on that D...thats better than obions D...

i do think obion could beat all the teams Dyer Co has...but not as convincingly...i also believe Dyer would beat every team obion has played...and the scores would have a wider margin of victory...Dyer has the better QB...i dont think anyone can argue that...after seeing Dyer play in person...i think their RB is by far their best player...liberty had to gang tackle him repeatedly...1 guy was not taking him down...their linebackers are very good...libertys spread had trouble running on them...the yardage may not show up because of 2 or 3 big broken plays and all the penalties that game had...but they can stop the rush all day...DCs main flaw that i saw...and now this is against liberty whose WRs are 6'6 and 6'4...was just that...size...liberty was more physical and faster in those matchups...now i hear all the time how good obions passing game is...i dont know sizes so if ull give me a pass...im gona give the edge to DC simply because of their stats on D as compared to obions...giving up less points...

i think liberty would outrun obion all over the field...and DC is just as good...i would love to see that game...or any game with obion coming over to 14AA and playing chester, lexington or liberty...but with that schedule...i just dont see any proven games or teams theyve played...Dye is more than enough to make up for that 2 score loss in the spring scrimmage...not to mention whoever else they were missing...

obion has the easiest road to the state quarters...only having to get past mitchell at this point...and possibly chester co...depends on how the brackets lay out...might even be lucky enough to only play 1 of them...but what obion is doing in 13AA is what any good team would do...just like milan...every team in that district is down with the exceptions of covington, milan and obion...and im not so sure any of them are elite...

im not sure i answered ur question...sorry...i just dont see obion beating DC...DC can play all season long...until they run into the 2nd level memphis teams...or henry co...then thats all she wrote...they will not see the semis...

I have to say, I don't think you can compare two teams together (OC vs DC) based upon their opponents record. But, I can't argue with your opinion bc that is what it is, your opinion.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bet you see OC kicking onside kicks in your nightmares, man let it go our kicking game is fine you need to pull up the stats on our extra point trys its alot better than you think.

Not really....if they were...you would continue and practice on all of the games the points have been score instead of going for two....if so, coach jackson wouldn't be goin for 2 everytime. Do you know...and probably not, that the U C kicker in 2009 was the leading scorer on Union City's team. If you cheack any past State winner,,,,they usually have someone to kick and they are usually in the top 3 scorers on the team. Just sayin and that is a true fact. I just wish the Rebels would practice that because i have talked to several coahces in the last 3 weeks that knows what is going on and been to the top and said what he is doing is diggin a hole for his team and they don't even realize it. Hope I'm wrong ....

Very true that O C has only Played 1 team with a winning record...that being South Gibson. Mont. Central had the second best record. The Rebels offense is very good. The Defense is good. To make it far into the playoffs, this team is going to have to play a complete game with everyone playing almost every play for straight quarters. The Covongton game should be that type of game. But when the playoffs roll around...I am willing to say after a Mempho team coming to Troy...round two will be a Covington type team if not better. How good is Covington ? Don't know. How good is Obion ...Good! If you were to ask Coach Jackson this question behind close doors....he would admit he is a bit nervous. Coach...tell me up straight, does it bother you that your team has not been tested 4 quarters yet, knowing that game is coming down the road and could be in 2 weeks and then in the playoff. Folks...a loss is not bad...it would be really good right now for the rebels. There have been tons of team go undefeated during the season and when playoff times come around, their first loss is game 1, 2 or 3. I'm not saying anything bad here...just the truth. The Rebels need a complete game before playoffs. Every game isn't going to be over in the third quarter and subs playing in the fourth. Don't get me wrong, I hope the subs play ever second half with the Rebels up 50 at the half but it ain't goin to happen. Coach Jackson has even said this himself that his team needs to be tested late in a game which will prepare them down deep into the playoffs. Also, it is NOT the Rebels fault that they have not been tested an entire game.

I get where you are going but, yes, a loss is bad. That is how OC approaches it. They do not want a loss. IF OC wins out, they get home field advantage throughout the playoffs. I think will take that over a loss that would "help them". Ask any coach and they will tell you it is much easier teaching kids after a W and not a L.

Not really....if they were...you would continue and practice on all of the games the points have been score instead of going for two....if so, coach jackson wouldn't be goin for 2 everytime. Do you know...and probably not, that the U C kicker in 2009 was the leading scorer on Union City's team. If you cheack any past State winner,,,,they usually have someone to kick and they are usually in the top 3 scorers on the team. Just sayin and that is a true fact. I just wish the Rebels would practice that because i have talked to several coahces in the last 3 weeks that knows what is going on and been to the top and said what he is doing is diggin a hole for his team and they don't even realize it. Hope I'm wrong ....

I do know he was an exchange student. And i dont care what field goal kicker that OC has he'd would not be the leading scorer on the team with there style of offense.

I was at this game last night and OC still is going with the onside kicks. SPECIAL TEAMS WILL COME BACK TO HAUNT OBION CO THIS YEAR! Kick an onside kick against Liberty or Lexington and make them only go 50 yards and you'll be in trouble all night. Central has been successful so far with these onside kicks. Missed XP's and poor kickoffs should not be happening for a 4A team that is expected to be making a deep playoff run.

LOOK, OC does that to get it to the mercy rule and get their starters out of the game. That is the ONLY reason. If the situation arrises in the play-offs where he thinks he can get his starters out, then yes he will do it Please stop bringing this up ewvery time you post. You can bring more to topics on here bc I have seen it.

I do know he was an exchange student. And i dont care what field goal kicker that OC has he'd would not be the leading scorer on the team with there style of offense.

Well....lets see. lets just say Obion would average 6 t d's per game....that would be 6 points...then add one three point field goal per game. that makes 9...right. 9 X 10 = 90. Is there a player on your team that will score 90 points in 10 games...nope..probably not. Then add a few playoff games with average of 3 t d's and one field goal per playoff game. That is six points. and add that byt 5 = 30. Now...is there anyone on the Rebel team that will score 120 in one year. Who knows but the kicker would be in the top 3. you do the math. I just did and it is true. College or pros...all the same bro. Special teams on point afters and fieldgoals could pose a problem down the road.

Edited by UCGRAD

Well....lets see. lets just say Obion would average 6 t d's per game....that would be 6 points...then add one three point field goal per game. that makes 9...right. 9 X 10 = 90. Is there a player on your team that will score 90 points in 10 games...nope..probably not. Then add a few playoff games with average of 3 t d's and one field goal per playoff game. That is six points. and add that byt 5 = 30. Now...is there anyone on the Rebel team that will score 120 in one year. Who knows but the kicker would be in the top 3. you do the math. I just did and it is true. College or pros...all the same bro. Special teams on point afters and fieldgoals could pose a problem down the road.

Not to throw a monkey-wrench in your figures or anything but Marcus Parr has scored 74 points and someone told me he had three more scores last night...That would be 92 points if he wasn't on the business end of any two-point conversions...That's in 7 games...Fair had 78 depending on what he did last night and I know he scored a TD because I saw it on Grid Iron Glory, so that's 84 in 7 games...

LOOK, OC does that to get it to the mercy rule and get their starters out of the game. That is the ONLY reason. If the situation arrises in the play-offs where he thinks he can get his starters out, then yes he will do it Please stop bringing this up ewvery time you post. You can bring more to topics on here bc I have seen it.

....but the reason he did it a few weeks ago was because you guys don't have a FG kicker, which is more believable because one of the XP's last night about hit the linemen you know where.

....but the reason he did it a few weeks ago was because you guys don't have a FG kicker, which is more believable because one of the XP's last night about hit the linemen you know where.

Good job Purple and Gold on the stats. Addressing the kicker comments, mcgrew is the placekicker,(pretty good average, only kicked one or two FG but hasn' missed, don't think he's missed a PAT but you might want to check me on that)he also has the leg to put it on the 20 consistantly on kickoffs, they have another player that is capable of even better distance than that. As for theoretical matchups, it doesn't really matter. Sure it would be great football to witness, but the players don't dictate who they get to play so why is everyone worried about it? Every team starts even in every district at the beginning of each year, Obion Central is in the right time and place for their program, several seniors that are great players and great athletes. Every program in this area goes through(**The Dark Ages**)when they are down in talent or have tough scheduling, that's just high school football. That was Obion Central's program 2-3 years ago. This year they are rolling. Have they been legitametly tested??? In my opinion (because that is what this site is for) No. Quite frankly, i don't think they will be until the 2nd or 3rd round of the playoffs, if they make it to that point. Now, with that being said, how they respond to the test when it presents itself will be the exact reason the majority of people on this website are on here in the first place, Football!!! I'm looking forward to it as i know many of the rest of the Rebel faithful are. I wish the best of luck to all programs in the area when they step under the lights every friday night in the fall. But there can be only one winner, and with that I say GO REBELS!!!!!

Incorrect. OC's field goal kicker has been the same all year and he has done a fine job (and yes he is aware his attempts were low). HOWEVER, LaDevin handled the kick-off duties until the GC game and then OC's regular field goal kicker (McGrew) took over. If you were watching last night, you can see the kick-offs were a little low and one almost got returned. I was not making up reasons as to why I think he chose to kick on-side all night, I'm telling you what I know. I hope that convinces you so you don't have to spend anymore of your time trying to catch me in a story.

OC does have a kicker, McGrew, who has hit on I think 20 of 22 extra points, and has kicked I think 3 FGs all about 25 yards, with plenty of distance. So YES the Rebs do have a kicker, a pretty good one. But somoetimes they go for the 2pt conversion, last I checked that was the Coach's call. Don't see the big deal. As for the on-side kicks, if you see something the other team is doing, and want to try it, again I think that is the Coach's call....just sayin'

Now a bye week, and then on the 14th, Covington comes to Troy for what should be a good one. Looking for a HUGE crowd, the OC Baseball team will be serving Fish and all the trimmings, $6 tickets are available from baseball players, or at the door. Serving starts at 5:30. So come early, get a good meal, help out the baseball team, and then settle in and watch OC sqaure off with the Chargers of Covington.

GO REBELS!!!!!