WHAT'S UP WITH ALCOA?

thedawg44

I agree Scott...Milan? People are commenting about Alcoa being 3-3 and down this year. I would be willing to bet that the #1 team in 3A right now would probably be 1-5 with this schedule...maybe 2-4 at best! Good thing about it is, we will see in 69 more days! :thumb:

I concur! Glad it's district time! It Was nice to play the big boys, however I think we were about 3 years late scheduling them. Was glad to get outta G'ville without any new injuries. Everyone should be healing up just in time!!! It was tough to lose, however I think the guys will be much better because of it! Go Tornadoes!!!

Edited by F5seekshelter

I concur! Glad it's district time! It Was nice to play the big boys, however I think we were about 3 years late scheduling them. Was glad to get outta G'ville without any new injuries. Everyone should be healing up just in time!!! It was tough to lose, however I think the guys will be much better because of it! Go Tornadoes!!!

Haters LOVE to hate. . . do me a favor though, ask Coach Rankin how many phone calls he's gotten this last couple weeks wanting to ink a Home/Home from some of the schools on here hatin'. I'm betting his voice mail box still has plenty of room in it :popcorneater::roflolk::roflol::roflolk:

Haters LOVE to hate. . . do me a favor though, ask Coach Rankin how many phone calls he's gotten this last couple weeks wanting to ink a Home/Home from some of the schools on here hatin'. I'm betting his voice mail box still has plenty of room in it :popcorneater::roflolk::roflol::roflolk:

I would say you are probably right. It will be nice to be able to get games rather than struggling from year to year...

Not from Alcoa but have seen them play Maryville and Greeneville this year. 2 completely different games although I think Maryville is better than Greeneville even though the Devils took them to the woodshed. Could of been the difference in the atmosphere or that one is a rivalry game and other wasnt. Either way, Alcoa can definately improve as the season goes but another gold ball is still in reach I wouldnt worry too much.

I agree Scott...Milan? People are commenting about Alcoa being 3-3 and down this year. I would be willing to bet that the #1 team in 3A right now would probably be 1-5 with this schedule...maybe 2-4 at best! Good thing about it is, we will see in 69 more days! :thumb:

i'm the milan fan that started this thread. i have nothing but respect for alcoa and all they have accomplished. being that we're on opposite ends of the state and the only news about alcoa is the JACKSON SUN. i figure the only way to get some insight about what's goin on with alcoa is to get on this rag and ask the question. me and 1 or 2 other milan fans have posted to this thread with nothing deragatory towards the

f-5. so why you have to start bashing milan is a mystery to me. yeah we're #1 in the state 3a but we have no control of that. do i think we deserve it? no i don't. i do think we're #2 and until someone knocks alcoa off the top of the mountain then they're #1. as far as your expert insight on how we would fare against your first 6 games. IMO we would be 4-2 with losses to definitely maryville and probaly greenville. but i'm no expert and like i said, it's just my opinion. RESPECT!!

i'm the milan fan that started this thread. i have nothing but respect for alcoa and all they have accomplished. being that we're on opposite ends of the state and the only news about alcoa is the JACKSON SUN. i figure the only way to get some insight about what's goin on with alcoa is to get on this rag and ask the question. me and 1 or 2 other milan fans have posted to this thread with nothing deragatory towards the

f-5. so why you have to start bashing milan is a mystery to me. yeah we're #1 in the state 3a but we have no control of that. do i think we deserve it? no i don't. i do think we're #2 and until someone knocks alcoa off the top of the mountain then they're #1. as far as your expert insight on how we would fare against your first 6 games. IMO we would be 4-2 with losses to definitely maryville and probaly greenville. but i'm no expert and like i said, it's just my opinion. RESPECT!!

4-2 is exactly where Alcoa should be. However, I don't want to disrespect the Roadrunners in any way. They got the win and thats that! I will say that the AE game was one of the largest disappointments since I have been following Alcoa football (35 years). There have been a few other ugly games but this one will take some time to forget. Based on past Milan teams, I would say that it is quiet possible that they win that game. One will never know because there are no final scores for imaginary games.

Alcoa football has spoiled many of us. We have had some of the best football i've ever seen over the past several years. This years schedule is brutal. Considering our District is usually the toughest in this area. We normally have to play both Loudon and CAK twice yearly. Now, on top of that, we add Greeneville, AE, and Cleveland. AE might not have the best record, but they play hard, especially against Alcoa with a senior transfer from AE. Alcoa lost its starting RB in the second quarter with a wrist injury. WE also lost a DB with a hyper extended knee and our starting QB with a shoulder injury, leaving a sophmore to run the team who did not have much experience coming into the game. No excuses, but it would be difficult for any team to lose three players and leaders of that magnitude and expect to win?? Again, no disrespect to AE! Also, Cleveland, our first game of the year, with the highly recruited QB. No one knew what to expect in that one! Greeneville, now thats another story. From what I witnessed Friday night, they are for real. Besides having a slight weakness in the defensive backfield, they remind me of last years Alcoa team. I really have a hard time understanding how they lost to Mo West. I'm guessing they had an off night like we did at AE. (Again, no disrespect to AE!!!!!) IMO, other than Maryville, I don't see anyone in the state matching them man for man. That is, unless someone out west has grown significantly since last year???? Also, I must mention Fulton. They have been a bit down the past few years. However, I must give them credit. They played us when NO ONE else would!!!!I'm not complaining about the tough schedule. To be the best, you have to beat the best. The team will definitely be a better one because of these games.

This years team is a great team. They are loaded with talent. Are they the best team in the state of TN regardless of classification? I would definitely say NO! Therefore, its really difficult to read posts about whats going on at Alcoa. Alcoa is fine! We have had a close game with Maryville, lost 26-19. A bum game with AE, lost 24-7. Again, no disrespect to AE, and a blowout at Greeneville, 42-14. At this time in the season, I do not know of anyone at Alcoa's level that could have played 2 of the 3 games any better than the Tornadoes! So, if everyone wants to bash this team for the loss to AE, please go ahead and do so.

You stated that you thought Milan would be 4-2 at this time with Alcoa's schedule. 4-2 vs. 3-3, is that enough of a difference to start a thread about whats going on at Alcoa? My guess is NO! I think a better thread would have been, "How in the world does Alcoa lose to AE?". Again, no disrespect to AE!

I hear Milan has a good football team this year. I wish them all the luck. I hope this Alcoa team takes care of business and gets the opportunity to play for another title. Hopefully we will see ya there.

Edited by F5seekshelter

I too meant no disrespect to Milan or anyone else...I do think Milan will have a good team and are one of the best 3A in the state. There are not a lot of teams that would be better than 2-4 against the schedule that has been played. Most teams will lose to both Maryville and Greeneville! I have said for years that the west teams do not realize how good CAK, AE, Loudon(down this yr but still has some good wins), and Kingston are in 3A cause they have to beat Alcoa to get to State Championship, so they never see them. I do believe Milan beats Scott Co, but AE, Loudon, and Cleveland is a different story. Cleveland has a great qb and would score lots of points on Milan. AE is very physical and has great speed...both which would give Milan fits. Loudon would be a toss up at best for Milan, but from what I have seen about the 2 programs, I would lean Loudon. These are just my opinions, but I think a lot of people would tend to agree that have seen everyone play. Good luck to Milan and hope to see you agin in December.

Maryville is by far the best coached team (ill say it till Im dead) as well as a very good team. A loss there shouldnt hurt. As said, the AE game, if it could have gone wrong it did. If you look at every stat except the score and turnovers you'd bet your life savings that Alcoa won. Greeneville just put a beating on us. Im not even going to blame injuries because outside of Koko I think if we had everyone else we'd still lost. The score might not have been the same but Greeneville is legit.

We did not have anything for the Greene Devils-period!!! Let's move on, there's still a Gold ball to bring home :popcorneater: