WHAT'S UP WITH ALCOA?

thedawg44

You know what I am about tired of hearing this crap. Coach is a good man a good leader and one heck of a coach! Everybody can get over this hes leaving crap. No one knows what his plans are but if I had money on it I would say hes still here next year and maybe the year after. Its not a money thing its a winning thing!!!

Maryville is by far the best coached team (ill say it till Im dead) as well as a very good team. A loss there shouldnt hurt. As said, the AE game, if it could have gone wrong it did. If you look at every stat except the score and turnovers you'd bet your life savings that Alcoa won. Greeneville just put a beating on us. Im not even going to blame injuries because outside of Koko I think if we had everyone else we'd still lost. The score might not have been the same but Greeneville is legit.

alcoa 2-3 makes for a good topic because we are so used to them dominating for so long.. But every team cycles threw talent and thats whats going on right now.. Also they have had some injuries this year which in HS football or at any level that makes a huge difference in games.. And alcoa is stepping up and playing some big boys in maryville which is not a suprised loss.. Also greenville which again is a great football team!! everything is going to be fine, there is still a lot of season left to play and they might not win state again this year but they have had a amazing run and they will be right there in the mix at the end.

Still NO RESPECT!!! AE beat you all fair and square give them some RESPECT!! But Ok..... I'm not going to say nothing else but you all should give AE more respect!

Respect? You follow up the win over Alcoa with a loss to Carter? Respect is earned. You guys might get to see Alcoa again this year. Finish the deal then ask about respect.

Still NO RESPECT!!! AE beat you all fair and square give them some RESPECT!! But Ok..... I'm not going to say nothing else but you all should give AE more respect!

Nobody isnt NOT respecting AE. When they play disciplined, they're a very good team and they got the win...its in the record book for them. However, nobody can deny that the stats and game were lopsided. I believe 7 Alcoa turn overs. Nearly 400 yards more total offense and Alcoa Defense never gave up a touchdown and AEs offense never scored one. Its exactly like someone described it earlier, everything that could have went wrong for Alcoa....did!

sorry bout that. didn't know about the cleveland game. thought you guys always started with maryville.

Not a problem. Usually that's the case. However, this year we opened with a doubleheader at Maryville. It was my understanding that it was supposed to be a Private vs Public Classic with Alcoa playing Webb, followed by Maryville and Ensworth. Not sure on the details??? Ensworth backed out and Cleveland stepped up. Next year, this classic is at Alcoa. The Tornadoes will open with Webb followed by Maryville vs Cleveland.

Turtle, I gave AE respect after the huge win. However, the sad part was hearing that the Roadrunners took the following Monday's practice off (not sure if it's true, but that was the word around town?), then lost to Carter that Friday night...My respect was given but was somewhat lost during that period. If I was misinformed about the day off please forgive me. Good luck to the Roadrunners the rest of the way. Who knows, maybe we will see ya again in November????

You know what I am about tired of hearing this crap. Coach is a good man a good leader and one heck of a coach! Everybody can get over this hes leaving crap. No one knows what his plans are but if I had money on it I would say hes still here next year and maybe the year after. Its not a money thing its a winning thing!!!

My point exactly...it is a winning thing with coach. When he cannot continue to win state championships, he leaves. He did not see this coming.