WHAT'S UP WITH ALCOA?

thedawg44

I feel bad for Chase and its not an attack on him or RebelRon but people can always name off State title QBs for Alcoa and then they get to Chase and say "that other guy" or "whats his name" haha.

I got his back! Lol!!! He does seem to get lost in the shuffle. I was a bit worried when he took over that year, but he ended up doing a great job. I'm thinking Wall is kinda in the same path. Just wish we had someone like Cobb to break him into the position slowly. However, I was impressed with his play Friday night. That was one of the few positives I took from that game. No new injuries was the other one!!!!

Edited by F5seekshelter

If Alcoa's regular season record ends up at 5-5, they will NOT with their eighth straight championship, IMO....7-3 should be right if they take care of business and play ALCOA football...

I by no means am predicting a 5-5 season for Alcoa. I was just replying to a previous post that inquired if it had been done before. Didn't mean to come across as predicting a .500 season.

I by no means am predicting a 5-5 season for Alcoa. I was just replying to a previous post that inquired if it had been done before. Didn't mean to come across as predicting a .500 season.

No worries! I completely understand what you were saying. It is nice to know that a 5-5 team has done it before..... I guess one should never say never....

Nobody isnt NOT respecting AE. When they play disciplined, they're a very good team and they got the win...its in the record book for them. However, nobody can deny that the stats and game were lopsided. I believe 7 Alcoa turn overs. Nearly 400 yards more total offense and Alcoa Defense never gave up a touchdown and AEs offense never scored one. Its exactly like someone described it earlier, everything that could have went wrong for Alcoa....did!

It does not matter how 'lopsided' it was! Alcoa still lost!

AE got the W and Alcoa got the L!

Losing Koko and Hambrick being hurt has killed Alcoa. Another thing that has hurt Alcoa is they don't have a real stud QB.Wall has a chance to be good but he is still learning. During their title run you had Joey Figler,Randall Cobb,Austin Tallent and the guy who Quarterbacked the 2008 team. All those kids were really good.

Maybe Coach Rankin needs to turn his recruiting program up a notch or two!

• Upvote 1

And what TWO numbers would that be???

Man don't even sweat ole double bang. AE & Fulton have been pulling a Rodney Dangerfield since their "super region" bubble got busted. They've been sitting together crying in the rain ever since about "no respect". They had phenomenal success but when the glory days of enrollment got hammered they found out that with equal talent the hill to the 'boro (now Cookeville) gets a lot steeper. They ain't been able to get over it yet :unsure: