Riverdale vs. Lavergne

warhawks

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Score board stopped working for a bit so kind of ghetto.

But RHS 42

Lhs 7

There only score came from like an impressive 98 yrds return Or something like that! Pretty awesome

I believe RHS has got a TD ON EVERY POSESSION

HALFTIME

1 Lhs player injured

1 RHS player injured

1 RHS cheerleader left on an ambulance! I will keep her on my prayers :(

Edited by Riverdale06

Very business like game for Riverdale. The second half took about 25 minutes due to the mercy rule.

Marcellous knee injury and the cheerleader taken to hospital were both negatives for the game.

The offense was just clicking. The defense seems to have lost a little of their mojo...they look pretty weak on some plays and the tackling seems to get worse with every game. That unit realy seems to need a couple days off and then about three days work on just fundamentals.

Davenport played some nice D but missed a couple tackles. Ricardo Terry had another really nice game on both sides of the ball. He's one of the most improved players on the team and his role seems to be growing. Ricardo needs to protect the ball better when he runs...that's probably the only thing preventing him from having an even larger role on the offense.

Am I correct that Woodruff only carried the ball twice, and one of those a QB sneak. Riverdale didn't even break out the big guns in this one.

I really don't understand the coaching staff's refusal to develop the field goal team. Again last night the situation to kick a field goal was there, but they choose to go for it....unsuccessfully. When the team needs a field goal in the playoffs will that unit be prepared and confident?

Speaking of field goals, I see a kicker taking warmups, #95, that looks like he could be another good one. He's not on the roster...who is he?

What can you say, it was over at halftime. Its hard for a team to stay mentally focused for the entire game when there up so far. It was good to see some younger players getting some time on the field. Offense looked outstanding and defense played well again. Still a few things to work on in special teams and in stopping the running game. Blackman next, who were out played by Smyrna last night but managed to come out on top. Its shows that slowing Mathers down is the key to beating Blackman. It will take the best defensive game of the year from the Warriors to make that happen. Its good to one of 9 unbeaten teams left in 6A... Looking down the road....Looks like Mt Juliet is the real deal..... Go Warriors!!!

I agree with both of y'all! There were a few missed tackles and I feel they lost the focus a little during second half but still a great game. I for one could not hear Lavergnes announcer at all. I didn't hear any names for tackles or runs which was kind of frustrating! I think when we can kick it in the endzone for a touchback it does us better then letting someone return the ball. Two games straight Hendersonville and Lavergne I feel like we did a very sloppy job stopping the returns. Blackman seems to find a way to pull out the win so we need to stop them early and capitalize on any mistakes. We came this far and there is no need for our record to be the same as Blackmans when we leave the game. We need to show up big and that's the game to do it. Every week Lamar looks more mobile so maybe he can get back in the game by then. Hopefully we can overcome the other injury from last night as we need all players!!!

Riverdale at Blackman will be a great game but I for one get so stressed when the game is close that I feel like I will pass out. I literally feel like I could shut down.. So this is what I'm worried about!!!

Any word on our cheerleader?!

Edited by Riverdale06

What can you say, it was over at halftime. Its hard for a team to stay mentally focused for the entire game when there up so far. It was good to see some younger players getting some time on the field. Offense looked outstanding and defense played well again. Still a few things to work on in special teams and in stopping the running game. Blackman next, who were out played by Smyrna last night but managed to come out on top. Its shows that slowing Mathers down is the key to beating Blackman. It will take the best defensive game of the year from the Warriors to make that happen. Its good to one of 9 unbeaten teams left in 6A... Looking down the road....Looks like Mt Juliet is the real deal..... Go Warriors!!!

Blackman was outplayed by Smyrna in the 1st half but Smyrna was outplayed by Blackman in the second half.