Riverdale vs. Lavergne

warhawks

San Antonio area! My brother lives in Converse pretty much connected to SA. If i happened to stay there and not move then my daughter would go to a high school named Judson, they are 5a (highest class in tx right now) and they are undefeated and generally has a really good program, (of course nothing on riverdale)! I hear ft hood is nice! Im excited to move to texas Im just not into TN that much!

You are in for a GREAT High School football experience in Texas! You will see even small schools that have programs that rival R'dale and will make it look pale in comparison. While a portion of the students and parents showed up to R'dale games, in Texas the ENTIRE student body shows up as well as the whole town in some places there. Some of their bigger schools could play and beat a bunch of Tn Colleges!

For some of the 5a games in Texas the fans would fill the MTSU stadium to capacity!

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol like warhawks said I'm not sure the zone will make it to Texas!

Besides that my daughter could never play bball-

She has been cheering competitively so she only does allstars! She has already acquired more skills then most high school cheerleaders and she is flier and can pull all the stretches they do in their stunts.

However she gets wayyy to into the game to ever do sideline cheering. If she can't continuously watch she would be highly upset!!

For those of you who don't know when I went to Riverdale I was on colorguard my freshman year. During 2nd qtr we had to practice and could not watch the game. No matter where we are at I had to see the game. The band members (2 of them) had to carry me out of Lincoln county's stadium during regular season when we lost to them in "the pit." because I was crying so badly!

Same with losing to brentwood in the state championship I just wasn't prepared for that!

The colorguard coach nor band director were amused by this and I got in trouble lol.

I made the colorguard team my sophomore year and I was told I could no longer go to the footballs teams practice after mine and if I had any more problems that I'd be taken off and that means if I had a problem with not being able to watch the game during parts of the game I was off.

I told them that's ok I quit that colorguard didn't mean that much to me!

My daughter is me made over and she desperately wants to go to Riverdale. Her dad graduated in 2005 a year before me and played football for Riverdale all of those years so I think it's in her blood!

If you weren't from Riverdale, I think I'd like you.

speaking of which i would be totally happy to meet all coacht posters from rutherford county! like have a little get together or something!

just a random idea that has nothing to do with this game!

I would love that but I live in Ohio now! Sure miss living in the Boro though! If you guys do this just give me some notice and can make plans to come! GO WARRIORS! :hungry:

Lol like warhawks said I'm not sure the zone will make it to Texas!

Besides that my daughter could never play bball-

She has been cheering competitively so she only does allstars! She has already acquired more skills then most high school cheerleaders and she is flier and can pull all the stretches they do in their stunts.

However she gets wayyy to into the game to ever do sideline cheering. If she can't continuously watch she would be highly upset!!

For those of you who don't know when I went to Riverdale I was on colorguard my freshman year. During 2nd qtr we had to practice and could not watch the game. No matter where we are at I had to see the game. The band members (2 of them) had to carry me out of Lincoln county's stadium during regular season when we lost to them in "the pit." because I was crying so badly!Same with losing to brentwood in the state championship I just wasn't prepared for that!

The colorguard coach nor band director were amused by this and I got in trouble lol.

I made the colorguard team my sophomore year and I was told I could no longer go to the footballs teams practice after mine and if I had any more problems that I'd be taken off and that means if I had a problem with not being able to watch the game during parts of the game I was off.

I told them that's ok I quit that colorguard didn't mean that much to me!

My daughter is me made over and she desperately wants to go to Riverdale. Her dad graduated in 2005 a year before me and played football for Riverdale all of those years so I think it's in her blood!

This may be the saddest story of all time...It will be a similar scene this year when Riverdale loses in the playoffs.

Edited by thunder00

Riverdale06, where in Texas? I ask as the 'clone', who evidently played at the same time as your daughters dad did, is trying to get stationed at Fort Hood again.

Also ignore bolddust281, as they are a 'shill' and only on here to try and give LaVergne locker room material to fire them up.

R'dale KNOWS the LaVergne Coach well! Some of us are still upset about the Oak Ridge game. I am GLAD he is at LaVergne. It give us a guarenteed chance of beating him EVERY year! <_<

Last time I checked, no one on this thread is from LaVergne...even Bolddust. I believe his ties lie to a private school in the Nashville area...with the nickname Cougars, if I'm not mistaken.

You are in for a GREAT High School football experience in Texas! You will see even small schools that have programs that rival R'dale and will make it look pale in comparison. While a portion of the students and parents showed up to R'dale games, in Texas the ENTIRE student body shows up as well as the whole town in some places there. Some of their bigger schools could play and beat a bunch of Tn Colleges!

For some of the 5a games in Texas the fans would fill the MTSU stadium to capacity!

when i went to texas to visit i went around and my brother took me to see all the high school stadiums. alot of the stadiums arent owned by the school itself but by the san antonio independent school district. These stadiums were huge. there is one called the almao and its the biggest in texas and has seat surrounding it completely. so i hope it is more exciting down there! ill still always be a riverdale fan:).

As far as this game I just cant wait because once we get thru Lavergne we will have Blackman in a few weeks and that will be our real test!

Edited by Riverdale06

This may be the saddest story of all time...It will be a similar scene this year when Riverdale loses in the playoffs.

Thats harsh! Im taking it week by week! Right now our biggest concern is Blackman. The playoffs will be here and we will be in it. I think we can porbably beat any team maybe even Maryville. Im not saying we will beat every team but you never know what can happen. We dont always play our best game without mistakes but when the boys see that we arent doing to hot they know how to step up and make the plays they need. Anything can happen and your right we might lose in the playoffs and i would be just as upset as I was back then. However, if we lose its no ones fault but our own!

I would love that but I live in Ohio now! Sure miss living in the Boro though! If you guys do this just give me some notice and can make plans to come! GO WARRIORS! :hungry:

Well if it ever happened I would let you know. I dont think anyone on here wants to meet me plus Im probably younger then most of them & the only girl on here that I know of from Rutherford county!

Are you going to come to any Riverdale games this year?

Read the entire post and the one i responded to. The fact that they are undefeated and ranked #2 in the state should be enough. As far as Blackman being our daddy, Daddy has been beaten twice in a row. Both times with mighty Mathers in the game. And that elite team called Blackman got beat by Siegel in which Riverdale beat a couple of weeks ago. Good luck Friday night you will need it.

Easy Milo8100456723229955...Let's not get too worked up over the fact that Blackman will be feared once the playoffs start. Everyone knows Riverdale doesn't want to face Mathers in the playoffs.

Easy Milo8100456723229955...Let's not get too worked up over the fact that Blackman will be feared once the playoffs start. Everyone knows Riverdale doesn't want to face Mathers in the playoffs.

Oh beleive me i dont get worked up over Blackman. Not much to get worked over when it comes to high school football. But take the rose colored glasses off when it comes to Blackman and Riverdale. Simply put riverdale is the team to beat. I know its hard to believe but when Riverdale and Blackman play i will be pulling for Blackman. As far as facing Mathers in the playoffs he first needs to play them in the regular season. Then you cant start to worry about the playoffs.