Greenback hosts Grace

matback

Grace Christian wins by a lot...Look forward to visiting up there on the hill again at the end of the season

Hope we can keep it closer than last time you visited. We're really looking forward to next year when we get to see The Pitt, heard a lot about it, can't wait to visit. As for your prediction, not sure about this game. There's a lot of history (although short) between these two schools.

orgnblk, what happened to your 10th game, were you guys not able to replace the Knoxville Christian game this year?

Hope we can keep it closer than last time you visited. We're really looking forward to next year when we get to see The Pitt, heard a lot about it, can't wait to visit. As for your prediction, not sure about this game. There's a lot of history (although short) between these two schools.

orgnblk, what happened to your 10th game, were you guys not able to replace the Knoxville Christian game this year?

nope,couldnt get a team without traveling very far,cloudland was far enough!

GCA by as many as they want. and that is usually as many as they can. Best players that money can buy.

You should spend some time with Coach McKamey and then see if you stand by that statement. The folks at Grace are some of the greatest people you'll ever meet. They made a mistake a few years ago and they're paying dearly for it, but they've handled the situation with class. It's easy to levy accusations when you don't know the people involved.

I think Grace fans will agree that this is the best team the school has assembled. Wins over CAK and Anderson County indicate that the Rams could compete in higher classifications. Greenback is an excellent 1A team, but Grace is on another level.

Grace 41, Greenback 13

You should spend some time with Coach McKamey and then see if you stand by that statement. The folks at Grace are some of the greatest people you'll ever meet. They made a mistake a few years ago and they're paying dearly for it, but they've handled the situation with class. It's easy to levy accusations when you don't know the people involved.

I think Grace fans will agree that this is the best team the school has assembled. Wins over CAK and Anderson County indicate that the Rams could compete in higher classifications. Greenback is an excellent 1A team, but Grace is on another level.

Grace 41, Greenback 13

How many transfers from AC, Clinton,Karns and untelling where else does it take to get on this level. I'm not impressed at all. If you build it ,THEY WILL COME.

How many transfers from AC, Clinton,Karns and untelling where else does it take to get on this level. I'm not impressed at all. If you build it ,THEY WILL COME.

You're right: Grace built it and the transfers came. When you have great coaching, growing facilities, a nurturing Christian environment, good academics, relatively low tuition and early success, you don't need to recruit. The key to Grace's success is that kids who might sit on the bench at a bigger school (Farragut, Bearden, Karns, Clinton) can come to a smaller squad and get earlier playing time. Who wouldn't want that? It recruits itself.

I know the McKamey family and others who are key figures at the school. You don't have to worry about them intentionally crossing TSSAA boundaries. They made an inadvertent, dumb mistake and have paid the price.

Private schools get a bad name because the surrounding public schools wish they could retain all the talent in their zones. I'm sure that's frustrating. But it doesn't imply that the private school is cheating.

Grace 41, Greenback 13

Keep kidding yourself wes. By the way i do know the people involved. Still have the same statement.