Signal Mountain @ Polk County

MountainTroll

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since SM has been talking state championships up til this week do the SM faithful now think these Wildcats that just beat them have a chance for a trip to the big dance? Just wondering.

P.C. may have a better chance of it this year than the past 3 because Alcoa is good, but not invincible. However, they are still there and so is CAK. Milan is pretty good this year, but got beat in a barn burner by 1a Huntingdon last night. I think 3a is up for grabs and P.C. has a good chance.

Since SM has been talking state championships up til this week do the SM faithful now think these Wildcats that just beat them have a chance for a trip to the big dance? Just wondering.

Yall have a very good team and have improved steadily through the season. Yall should have a legitimate shot at making it to Cookeville, barring any key injuries.:thumb:

Yall have a very good team and have improved steadily through the season. Yall should have a legitimate shot at making it to Cookeville, barring any key injuries.:thumb:

I don't think so not unless the knox area is way down, cause this years team is no where as good as last years I've seen them play several times and they have not played 4 good quarters yet, they've improved some but it was hard to tell how much, obviously Signal was down how could they not be and still with thier coach going for it and giving Polk to short scores by not punting, they managed to keep it close. When I heard the news I thought what a gimmee game Polk just got but it turned out to be competetive.

:thumb:

WOW, great game. Both teams played to the wire! Polk Co. and SM are both very very good teams. Polks offensive execution impressed the heck out of me. Once SM figured out the WT miss-direction, Polk went to #24 on the sweep. #24 for Polk is a major player. Again, one of the best games I've watched in a while! :thumb:

Also, I got to meet some fine folks......Mtn Troll, Mrs Mtn Troll, Yeehaw and Realmenwearred. They iz my cind'a peoples! :D

Pleasure meeting you fellers too, Polk Impressed me and my clan BIG TIME! Execution on offense was AWSOME. Hats of to the Wildcats, I would have liked to have seen the game if the BOMB hadn't been dropped on our boys hours before the game. Not saying we would have won the game, but I didn't see the fire in their eyes like normal. Go EAGLES!!!