Fairview host Giles

Where the heck is BigCountry??? Will somebody please go down into the south end zone, shout into them woods, and tell him to come out. :shock:

Remember. It's all about Page! :mrgreen:

I am here. Congrats to Coach O'Connor and his Giles County Bobcats on this major victory. After reading the scores of Giles games against Marshall (blown away) and Spring Hill (snuck out a win) there was no way I would have ever predicted them to beat a Fairview team that looked unstoppable against Cheatham County, Page, Lewis County, and Marshall County.

As Chris Berman always says on ESPN.........."that is why they play the game"

I am here. Congrats to Coach O'Connor and his Giles County Bobcats on this major victory. After reading the scores of Giles games against Marshall (blown away) and Spring Hill (snuck out a win) there was no way I would have ever predicted them to beat a Fairview team that looked unstoppable against Cheatham County, Page, Lewis County, and Marshall County.

This is why you go to the games, so you can see for yourself. If you were at the SH game you would have seen that GC moved the ball pretty much at will, but 3 maybe 4 turnovers inside the 20 kept the score low. Two of the fumbles were inside the 10. So do the math and tack on at least 21 more points and that would be more like it. As for the MC game, we were within 7 and driving when the drive shaft to the thinking mechanism broke and GC self destructed. Down hill after that. I am sure most of it was due to being man-handled, but like a true fan if we meet again things WILL be different. The only true story the score tells is who won the game.

We were driving for the lead in the 3rd against Marshall when we mentally checked out. I do give credit to Marshall for jumping on Giles mistakes when they had the chance. They deserved to win that night.

Spring Hill is a whole lot better now than their record indicates. They played their hearts out. I would not want to play SH at this point in the season.

Giles has Mash Unit inductees returning every week hopefully from now on. OC and the staff have moved some players around. There were only 2 seniors on defense Friday night. Only 5 more on offense. With 3 freshmen, 9 sophomores & 9 juniors settling in to the lineup, Giles may very well make some waves down the stretch now. There are about 14 players that have rings so they fully understand what big games are all about. Great staffs get better results as the season goes along. Take away the 3rd 1/4 meltdown at Marshall the young D is giving up about 9 points a game. 50/50 almost on offense. Add in a couple of key pieces returning and I like our chances down the stretch! :ph34r:

great post.

all except the highlighted portion. He is truly one of the classiest men I know. and I will defend that till no tomorrow.

Hats off to you sir, Giles you were overlooked!! Fairview Vs Giles game of the year. We couldnt get it done, will work hard to get better going in the playoffs .

Why would we get on here to talk about a game that happened three days ago? WHO CARES? P.S. The only thing "EMBARRASSING" is your illiteracy.:roflolk:

Hey slick, you might notice volscout s spelling. I knowingly copied it incorrectly. But don't worry about that. You will get plenty of practice being embarassed over the next two weeks.

Hats off to you sir, Giles you were overlooked!! Fairview Vs Giles game of the year. We couldnt get it done, will work hard to get better going in the playoffs .

That should certainly be the pinnacle of poor coaching by fv then. Overlooking a team that fv has NEVER beaten. Simply poor poor coaching. You won't go far in the playoffs with that attitude.

I still think we are the better team, but the results on the field showed otherwise. Just like Giles thinks that they have a better team than Marshall. You have to prove it on the field. We did against Giles, but we didn't against Fairview.

and you may very well have to prove it again come playoff time!