DeKalb Co. @ Macon Co.

TigerPride23

The kid has over 1,000 yards in six games, how much more do you want. We could of went out and threw 50 times against Smith and Trousdale but do you really think that's how you win games?

Not 50 times but is between 25 or 30 times out of the question. I looked up the Tennessean stats and against Goodpasture he threw the ball 27 times, and to me that could be an every game norm depending on the circumstances of the game. Against SC there was 18 pass attempts according to the Tennessean, and about 4 or 5 of those were in the final 2 minutes of the game.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What ever it takes to win would be the main objective. Stop doing what's been successful would be crazy. Not saying that throwing the ball every down the Tigers could have won those games but it could of loosened their run Defense. Just saying

this is the best post i have seen from you.you are right what ever it takes.macon has a more throwing team than running but that is not coach p. style.the players have to want it more.it does not matter if you like the coach or not.you will only get to play high school football for 4 years in your life and then it's gone.this year's team is full of talent but the desire is lacking a little bit from what i have seen.who's fault it is does'nt matter.there is no re-do's.enjoy what's left and have some fun win or loose.

MC has certainly had the tougher schedule. DC opponents' combined record is 15-25. MC opponents' combined record is 26-13. DC's offense is very potent averaging 35 points a game. MC's defense has played 3 good games and 3 bad games. However, bigstick nailed it....DESIRE. Which team shows up? MC is talented enough to win the rest of their games, but if they play with no "DESIRE" they could very well lose out. There will be a full staduim in Lafayette friday night. Alot of story lines to watch for in this one. It should be a fun game.

:popcorneater:

MC has certainly had the tougher schedule. DC opponents' combined record is 15-25. MC opponents' combined record is 26-13. DC's offense is very potent averaging 35 points a game. MC's defense has played 3 good games and 3 bad games. However, bigstick nailed it....DESIRE. Which team shows up? MC is talented enough to win the rest of their games, but if they play with no "DESIRE" they could very well lose out. There will be a full staduim in Lafayette friday night. Alot of story lines to watch for in this one. It should be a fun game.

:popcorneater:

Hows it goin Mr case. Good to see you on the boards again. I'm hoping to see that desire fri. They showed up with it last home coming, hope to see it this one.

Guest Termite

Hey Termite those are not leader boards thats teams win loss record. Leader boards are individual statistics for that position. Thats what was being talked about. QB position.

And Swanson you must be a coach. And if not, why? Since you seem to have it already figured out and know what the problem is. Let me guess you know more about coaching football than Pemberton or any high school coach for that matter. So you would build a team around 1 player and change that system when he leaves. Yea, thats how you build a program.

qpop, I was replying to a post that was talking about the QB position in this area. Thats why its relevant.

Individual stats and leader boards ? I thought that was for golf and maybe bowling.:roflol:

At 3-3 he will have to throw for 3,000 yds. to win out. The difference is, if he played for SC, would he have 1.000 yards? Would he have the yards Scurlock has running? No way to compare these two . Grace is a real good QB either way..

I don't know if MCs defense can get enough stops to keep them in the game. Just from what I've seen, DCs offense has the edge. Defenses are even. MC has the home edge......DC in a close one.At least those common,average, everyday tiger wear the right colors and not the common, average. everyday blue. I may have to ease up on the ridge and watch this,

even though I hate trying to find a parking place.

this is the best post i have seen from you.you are right what ever it takes.macon has a more throwing team than running but that is not coach p. style.the players have to want it more.it does not matter if you like the coach or not.you will only get to play high school football for 4 years in your life and then it's gone.this year's team is full of talent but the desire is lacking a little bit from what i have seen.who's fault it is does'nt matter.there is no re-do's.enjoy what's left and have some fun win or loose.

I see alot of people bashing TC and Macon on alot of post here and on the Smith page. Am I mistaken or had not both of there coaches won a state title? Something i doubt will ever happen at Smith or Dekalb or at least in near future. Macon might not have the right kids in there " system " now, but its not because Pemberton cant coach. I think Creasey's 43-3 record says enough.

also on the updted stats.....2 area qb's on the middle TN leader board:

Name School G COMP ATT % YDS TD INT

Connor York Upperman 7 81 150 0.540 1110 10 3

Lucas Phillips DeKalb Co. 7 70 128 0.547 911 11 4

Edited by lookinggood

Guest Termite

I see alot of people bashing TC and Macon on alot of post here and on the Smith page. Am I mistaken or had not both of there coaches won a state title? Something i doubt will ever happen at Smith or Dekalb or at least in near future. Macon might not have the right kids in there " system " now, but its not because Pemberton cant coach. I think Creasey's 43-3 record says enough.

Bashing?? Man it's easy to tell your new here. You haven't seen ay "bashing" yet. What has the "coaches" winning a state title have to do with anything that has been said? Pemberton got his title at Knox. Cath., not Macon Co.. So, your predicting a state title for MC in the near future because Pemberton won one in Knox.? Getting the right kids in the system??? In public schools, you play the hand your dealt. You can't (legally) get kids to fit your system, your system has to fit the kids you have. BTW, Look on Jimmy Maynords hand. You'll see a state title ring there too.....won at Riverdale with Rankin. So, yelp, Creasy,Pemberton and Maynord know how to coach.

Individual stats and leader boards ? I thought that was for golf and maybe bowling.:roflol:

At 3-3 he will have to throw for 3,000 yds. to win out. The difference is, if he played for SC, would he have 1.000 yards? Would he have the yards Scurlock has running? No way to compare these two . Grace is a real good QB either way..

I don't know if MCs defense can get enough stops to keep them in the game. Just from what I've seen, DCs offense has the edge. Defenses are even. MC has the home edge......DC in a close one.At least those common,average, everyday tiger wear the right colors and not the common, average. everyday blue. I may have to ease up on the ridge and watch this,

even though I hate trying to find a parking place.

Methodist Church = hidden gem. Easy in, easy out.

Bashing?? Man it's easy to tell your new here. You haven't seen ay "bashing" yet. What has the "coaches" winning a state title have to do with anything that has been said? Pemberton got his title at Knox. Cath., not Macon Co.. So, your predicting a state title for MC in the near future because Pemberton won one in Knox.? Getting the right kids in the system??? In public schools, you play the hand your dealt. You can't (legally) get kids to fit your system, your system has to fit the kids you have. BTW, Look on Jimmy Maynords hand. You'll see a state title ring there too.....won at Riverdale with Rankin. So, yelp, Creasy,Pemberton and Maynord know how to coach.

Didn't Coach Rankin start is coaching career at Smith?

A lof of posts bashing TC? I haven't see any posts bashing TC. As far as Macon goes well sometimes they bring it on themselves :roflol:

Edited by swanson71