SCIENCE HILL @ BOONE

FUB

I love it how in your opinion Tennessee High is always the better team no matter if they win or lose. Should we call that optimism or ignorance, either was i envy it.

Yeah, my assessment of South as the top of 5A was based off the fact that South beat TN and I figure south will beat boone. The second part is just conjecture but the first is fact. Or so I figured, unless Overtime losses don't count. That and if TN hadn't pulled #8 boone would have had two less tds at least.

I love it how in your opinion Tennessee High is always the better team no matter if they win or lose. Should we call that optimism or ignorance, either was i envy it.

I don't think anyone who was at the game could call it optimism or ignorance. Much like the Boone game, Tennessee High led South for 95% of the contest. Just like the Boone game, they had several turnovers preventing them from putting the game out of reach. Only difference is South tied it up and went to OT. But, the best of these three teams this year doesn't mean much.

I don't think anyone who was at the game could call it optimism or ignorance. Much like the Boone game, Tennessee High led South for 95% of the contest. Just like the Boone game, they had several turnovers preventing them from putting the game out of reach. Only difference is South tied it up and went to OT. But, the best of these three teams this year doesn't mean much.

You may be right man, I wasn't at the game so i can't make a good judgement call, but from what i have heard about it, South performed well in a high pressure situation to win the game. Is that incorrect? I am sure they are close and wouldn't say that South is hands down better than Tennessee High, and if they played again may have a very different outcome, I just think that you have to give credit where credit is do. But that comment was more directed towards Craps overall mentality not just this one situation.

And i believe you are right, best of these 3 doesn't mean much, in fact if all 3 of them make the playoffs and are not matched up against one another, i already predict 3 first round losses.

That's not true, but I do like to think that they have a chance in most cases. For instant I think we have a punchers chance against The Hill, but in the DB game we will just get punched. You see... I don't have a dog in the race now so I'm able to see things with a little less of maroon tent to it these days. It's curious that out of everything that I said about BOONE... that's the only thing that you disagreed with.

Yeah, my assessment of South as the top of 5A was based off the fact that South beat TN and I figure south will beat boone. The second part is just conjecture but the first is fact. Or so I figured, unless Overtime losses don't count. That and if TN hadn't pulled #8 boone would have had two less tds at least.

Excuse me... so if you way of thinking is correct then that means you have to admit that because Tenn High BLASTED Boone in 09' in the first game then that automatically makes them the best 5A team even though Boone beat them later in the season and then went on to LOSE to South in the Quarter Finals of the State Playoffs while THS could only watch with their fist round lose. It doesn't take a football analyst to figure out that circumstance many times out weighs ability.

Edited by Cap1

You may be right man, I wasn't at the game so i can't make a good judgement call, but from what i have heard about it, South performed well in a high pressure situation to win the game. Is that incorrect? I am sure they are close and wouldn't say that South is hands down better than Tennessee High, and if they played again may have a very different outcome, I just think that you have to give credit where credit is do. But that comment was more directed towards Craps overall mentality not just this one situation.

And i believe you are right, best of these 3 doesn't mean much, in fact if all 3 of them make the playoffs and are not matched up against one another, i already predict 3 first round losses.

You've got some nerve Mr. Boone is more athletic than Tenn High and Science Hill! :roflol:

I also see early exits for all Big 8 teams this year simply because DB is infamous for it :D and everybody else is sub par in comparison this season.

Excuse me... so if you way of thinking is correct then that means you have to admit that because Tenn High BLASTED Boone in 09' in the first game then that automatically makes them the best 5A team even though Boone beat them later in the season and then went on to LOSE to South in the Quarter Finals of the State Playoffs while THS could only watch with their fist round lose. It doesn't take a football analyst to figure out that circumstance many times out weighs ability.

I'm talking reg season here. Playoffs are a different creature. Sometimes match-ups can yield early exits or deep pushes, teams figure out who they are by playoff time and that helps, and sometimes injuries will doom them. I'm not about to say who will go further in the playoffs. But when the reg season closes its my opinion South will be the top 5A school in the big 8. I'm not saying TN high isn't good because they certainly are, but facts is facts, they got beat by South.

They did and coming from behind has been their trademark. Based on the games I've seen, no team(THS, Boone, South) would be a sure win against the other. I agree on the playoff scenario, hoping that Cherokee or Cocke County are winnable games for one of the Big 8 teams...it will be tough.

Again to clarify, I'm not touting any one school being vastly superior to another. I just meant it would be clear in the standings, my fault for using "hands down". You could have south and tn play 100 more times with half going each way. The potential wrench in the standings is if boone beats south, who beat tn, who beat boone, and around the circle you go. But I don't think that'll be the case. As for the first round exits, I think DB will get past the first as well as south if they can get healthy. SH depends on their final seeding. But apparently I'm no football analyst. ;)

I think the Vikings are a much better team than Boone or South... they (or more specifically our QB) can't get away from bringing out the rope and hanging themselves with crucial turnovers each and every game. I had to listen to the South game on the radio but I still came away with the belief that THS controlled their own destiny but gave it away with the turnover by the QB inside the redzone (when they seemed to be going in for the knockout score) at the end of the game and were instead outplayed the last 3 minutes of the game by the Rebels. The Vikings beat Boone all over the field and this was without several starters all night including #10 who is our admitted go to man. Like I said... in my book the facts tell me that this game will be a blowout. But like I also said... you never can tell with Boone and The Hill. The Toppers seem to play their worst game of the season against Boone. It's like they get stunned right out the box with Boone's hard nose style of play at the beginning of the games. Boone's biggest problem in my book is that they don't have a quick score threat on the team that I could see. They also have difficulty making up for their lack of speed in the secondary contrary to several Boone fans alluding to them being an athletic team. If they pull the linebackers to help with pass protection (as they did against the Vikings) they will get severely burned by the Topper back... and you can count on that.

Cap, this is so true,i've said all along give carter a couple years they will be a power house.i just think their o line and D line are a little soft.