SCIENCE HILL @ BOONE

FUB

I expect the Toppers to do similar damage to Boone as they did to South. I can't stress enough for The Hill to keep the yellow flags/personal fouls in check. It cost them 120 yds against South. But SH still rolled up 622 yds of offense.

I hope you are wrong with your expectations. There is no doubt that Boone is down and SH is up compared to the last two years. Boone's defense has played good ball all year and the scores make it look like they have given up a lot of points. I have not looked at the statistics on Boone's defense but most of the scores they have given up have come from turnovers causing short field positions for other teams to score. For instances TH scored their first td from a block punt recovered on the one yard line and another from interception somewhere around Boone's twenty. I said all that to say this, Boone's defense can make this a good ballgame. How many points Boone gives up depends more on their offense lack of moving the ball and turnovers that give SH short field. It is not just one player or two's fault on why Boone's offense has struggled, it is the whole team. Hopefully Boone can pull everything together and finish the season strong. In Cap's words, this could be a upset.

You can always count on Boone to hit hard and play hard the whole game with a never give up attitude. That's just traditional Boone from way back to the 70's. Always hard nosed, always physical. I just don't think Boone can keep the pace with The Hill. I think Boone will hang tough the 1st quarter and then start wearing down. This is the most physical SH "team" I have seen in a while. We'll see what happens Friday night.

Good luck to both teams and pray it is injury free.

You've got some nerve Mr. Boone is more athletic than Tenn High and Science Hill! :roflol:

I also see early exits for all Big 8 teams this year simply because DB is infamous for it :D and everybody else is sub par in comparison this season.

Yea, the last couple of seasons they were and their is no way to dispute that, this season is a different story, I don't think I ever said that they were more athletic this season. It is no secret that Boone is having some big troubles this season.

Yea, the last couple of seasons they were and their is no way to dispute that, this season is a different story, I don't think I ever said that they were more athletic this season. It is no secret that Boone is having some big troubles this season.

:):D:roflol: You're funny!!!

All this talk about superior athleticism has got me thinking. That in it's self is a dangerous thing.

More Athletic

1. Tortoise or the Hare? Winner: Tortoise

2. 3 Little Pigs or Big Bad Wolf? Winner: 3 Little Pigs

3. Wicked Witch and her flying monkeys or Dorothy and her misfits? Winner: Dorothy and her misfits.

Athletic Ability isn't everything.

Course them's make believe tales. :blush:

Edited by RebelConvert

All this talk about superior athleticism has got me thinking. That in it's self is a dangerous thing.

More Athletic

1. Tortoise or the Hare? Winner: Tortoise

2. 3 Little Pigs or Big Bad Wolf? Winner: 3 Little Pigs

3. Wicked Witch and her flying monkeys or Dorothy and her misfits? Winner: Dorothy and her misfits.

Athletic Ability isn't everything.

Course them's make believe tales. :blush:

Fair enough. But I ask you... how do you think those match-ups would turn out if there where coaches/advisers involved. My definition of Athletic Ability = an athlete that displays talents and abilities that cant be taught or coached. For instance... you can teach Michele Vick how to become a better (better being key... bare with me)pocket passer like Peyton, but Peyton will never be able to run the ball like Mike. Dallas Clark will always be a dependable option for the outlet pass, but he will never be able to get open down feild like Jason Witten. See what I'm sayin.

Fair enough. But I ask you... how do you think those match-ups would turn out if there where coaches/advisers involved. My definition of Athletic Ability = an athlete that displays talents and abilities that cant be taught or coached. For instance... you can teach Michele Vick how to become a better (better being key... bare with me)pocket passer like Peyton, but Peyton will never be able to run the ball like Mike. Dallas Clark will always be a dependable option for the outlet pass, but he will never be able to get open down feild like Jason Witten. See what I'm sayin.

Hey Cap, people either understand this or they don't. I don't think you can help them to see it if they're blind. 8-)

Hey Cap, people either understand this or they don't. I don't think you can help them to see it if they're blind. 8-)

I know... I just like to argue. :blush: You should see the can I opened up on the Mo West Sevier CO thread. :popcorneater:

Edited by Cap1

Go back and read his post FUB . You got so riled up you ran right over his word thought. He didn't say they were.

This is not your mama's Science Hill. You can live in your world of wishful thinking all you want, but they won't be soft and they will hit plenty. I saw plenty of evidence Friday night. You better hope #27 doesn't knock out your star RB. You guys would really be hurting without his 20 carries. Instead of hoping you can outhit them, hope your pass defense can come alive. You may have a chance if you can contain # 1. I'm sure Coach Jenkins will have some good schemes for going after Snyder.

Good luck and good health to both teams. Should be a great atmosphere at Gray.

They're gonna have more to worry about than just #27 on defense (#47, #6) that are gonna be eyeing their "star running back". As for offense #45 and #33 known as the "dynamic duo"...gonna be a long night for ol Daniel Boone!

(Shout-out to #42 :D , bout to bring the fire on the special teams )

They're gonna have more to worry about than just #27 on defense (#47, #6) that are gonna be eyeing their "star running back". As for offense #45 and #33 known as the "dynamic duo"...gonna be a long night for ol Daniel Boone!

(Shout-out to #42 :D , bout to bring the fire on the special teams )

You better hope Snyder/Greene get the passing game going or your "dynamic duo" will be de-cleated. The rushing game won't happen against Boone without hurting them with the passing game. Coach Carter knows this. Even in a bad year, Coach Jenkins' team can play defense against the run. Don't think you're something special because you ran for so much against the Rebels. We are almost the worst defense in the conference surpassed only by the hapless David Crockett defense.

P.S. Welcome to the T. Glad you found this year's thread, but I did enjoy the stroll down memory lane.

Edited by crawdad