SCIENCE HILL @ BOONE

FUB

:) You might want to jump back over on that Mo West Sevier Co thread and see if you can get the lid back on that can. I can't believe you were stupid enough to alert me. The gift that just keeps on giving. Will it ever end? :)

Do you ever get tired of talking to yourself? :mellow: Maybe you should get you one of those little puppets to sit on your knee so you can have somebody to talk to. :roflol:

Edited by Cap1

I expect the Toppers to do similar damage to Boone as they did to South. I can't stress enough for The Hill to keep the yellow flags/personal fouls in check. It cost them 120 yds against South. But SH still rolled up 622 yds of offense.

This isn't really a reply to your post, but a question for you. Do you know the players personally? If you do I would like you to pass on a message. I don't know if it matters to anyone else, but it means the world to me. My 3 year old came to his first game on friday night. He has told us the last four weeks he wants to go, but always changes his mind at the last minute. Somehow playing with Thomas trains seemed more important than football. haha. Anyway, point being, he came with us to the Hill\Boone game friday night. As we were watching the teams warmup at the fence, my son is convinced #4 for the Toppers waved at him. I didn't see it and don't know for sure that he did. All I know is my son is convinced he did. He has not stopped talking about #4 all weekend. I do know that #4 was recieving punts by the fence where we were. He has told everyone #4 waved at him and scored 2 points (TD's). I think he actually scored 3 TD's, but my son left halfway into the 2nd quarter and only saw two of them cuz he couldn't hold his eyes open any longer. I would just like to thank Boone fans for the great atmosphere and the Topper player for making my son a huge football fan. He can't wait til friday to go watch the Toppers vs. the Gators. :roflol: That's the game he says he wants to go to this friday night. So thanks much from this here football fan.

This isn't really a reply to your post, but a question for you. Do you know the players personally? If you do I would like you to pass on a message. I don't know if it matters to anyone else, but it means the world to me. My 3 year old came to his first game on friday night. He has told us the last four weeks he wants to go, but always changes his mind at the last minute. Somehow playing with Thomas trains seemed more important than football. haha. Anyway, point being, he came with us to the Hill\Boone game friday night. As we were watching the teams warmup at the fence, my son is convinced #4 for the Toppers waved at him. I didn't see it and don't know for sure that he did. All I know is my son is convinced he did. He has not stopped talking about #4 all weekend. I do know that #4 was recieving punts by the fence where we were. He has told everyone #4 waved at him and scored 2 points (TD's). I think he actually scored 3 TD's, but my son left halfway into the 2nd quarter and only saw two of them cuz he couldn't hold his eyes open any longer. I would just like to thank Boone fans for the great atmosphere and the Topper player for making my son a huge football fan. He can't wait til friday to go watch the Toppers vs. the Gators. :roflol: That's the game he says he wants to go to this friday night. So thanks much from this here football fan.

Malik McGue is the name of #4 and he is a fine young man, it would not suprise me at all if he waived at your son. (I am sure many playes from all teams would do the same especially at fields where crowds can get close to the field). Good write up on him in the paper Sat. - http://www.johnsoncitypress.com/Sports/article.php?id=94894 (shout out to the press for finally giving the Toppers some love, really good article on the Hampton twins a couple weeks ago http://www.johnsoncitypress.com/Sports/article.php?id=94565). Good night for the Toppers and hope for more of the same. As for Coach Carter, it is silly to think he will be gone if can't beat DB - he's doing exactly what he was brought here to do and he will win his share of the big games. No coach should have the expectation placed on him to develop a "powerhouse" or else. I think you could look at the SH posters on here (or lack of) and take it as a indication of the respect/leeway he is being given. Give the man some time, he has the support and will get things on track. BTW - Green was a little tender from getting rolled up on last week and would only have played if needed. Sorry Boone - not needed.

Edited by NoDaddyBall

Science Hill is loaded in every sense of the word in comparison to any team in this region at any level... including DB. That's right I said it... DB Dobyns Bennett. DB has four maybe five core players on that team... the Hill have four just in the offensive backfield. They have more combined size, and speed than any two teams in the Big 8, and layers of athletes at most of the skilled positions. If Science Hill doesn't beat DB in the next two years Coach Carter should be fired!!! IMO... of course. :thumb:

Edited by Cap1

Science Hill is loaded in every sense of the word in comparison to any team in this region at any level... including DB. That's right I said it... DB Dobyns Bennett. DB has four maybe five core players on that team... the Hill have four just in the offensive backfield. They have more combined size, and speed than any two teams in the Big 8, and layers of athletes at most of the skilled positions. If Science Hill doesn't beat DB in the next two years Coach Carter should be fired!!! IMO... of course. :thumb:

Silly...yep, I'm sure I said silly! Cap, are you really Scott Smith? If not, better hope your guys strap it on. Not looking ahead to DB just yet.

Silly...yep, I'm sure I said silly! Cap, are you really Scott Smith? If not, better hope your guys strap it on. Not looking ahead to DB just yet.

You can say what you want, but I'm willing to bet that ANY coach in the Big 8 would kill for the speed, size, and talent that the Toppers posses. I'll go further out on the limb and say that give this team to Clark, Jenkins, or even Boggs (with his high speed offense) and you have a 6A State contender. I take no pleasure saying these things because I've always been a Carter fan... but it seems that he brings more motivation to the table than X's and O's. After the game looked like Freddy had come to Gray for another Friday 13th massacre in the first quarter with the Toppers going up 21 to nothin in less than 8 minutes, Jenkins made adjustments and it actually looked like they could have had a chance had they come out from the beginning with the adjusted game plan. Carter and the Nelson boys couldn't adapt... at least while I was there.

Every time I read one of your post now I think back to the Sevier Co.- Mo. West thread.

You can say what you want, but I'm willing to bet that ANY coach in the Big 8 would kill for the speed, size, and talent that the Toppers posses. I'll go further out on the limb and say that give this team to Clark, Jenkins, or even Boggs (with his high speed offense) and you have a 6A State contender. I take no pleasure saying these things because I've always been a Carter fan... but it seems that he brings more motivation to the table than X's and O's. After the game looked like Freddy had come to Gray for another Friday 13th massacre in the first quarter with the Toppers going up 21 to nothin in less than 8 minutes, Jenkins made adjustments and it actually looked like they could have had a chance had they come out from the beginning with the adjusted game plan. Carter and the Nelson boys couldn't adapt... at least while I was there.

You could build a "big 8" all star team with every coach in the "big 8" and still loose by two touchdowns to Maryville or Riverdale. Don't tell me you could take one team from up here and make them a state contender.

Malik McGue is the name of #4 and he is a fine young man, it would not suprise me at all if he waived at your son. (I am sure many playes from all teams would do the same especially at fields where crowds can get close to the field). Good write up on him in the paper Sat. - http://www.johnsoncitypress.com/Sports/article.php?id=94894 (shout out to the press for finally giving the Toppers some love, really good article on the Hampton twins a couple weeks ago http://www.johnsoncitypress.com/Sports/article.php?id=94565). Good night for the Toppers and hope for more of the same. As for Coach Carter, it is silly to think he will be gone if can't beat DB - he's doing exactly what he was brought here to do and he will win his share of the big games. No coach should have the expectation placed on him to develop a "powerhouse" or else. I think you could look at the SH posters on here (or lack of) and take it as a indication of the respect/leeway he is being given. Give the man some time, he has the support and will get things on track. BTW - Green was a little tender from getting rolled up on last week and would only have played if needed. Sorry Boone - not needed.

All the same it's still great. He told someone at the Kingsport Target today. Think he is hooked.