Henry County @ Clarksville High

SEC1rules

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want to make my yearly trip to Paris to watch a Henry Co. football game, but I would like to make a trip where there will be a good game. Will I have to wait until the quartfinals or semifinals this year? It's looking that way.

If the playoffs were to start this week...Henry County (if they were to win their opening round game) would host the winner of Ridgeway and Memphis East. The Mustangs reportedly have one of the best running backs in Tennessee and we all know what happened the last time the Patriots played the Ridgeway Roadrunners!....either of these teams seemingly will be very good...again provided HC can remain the top seed in Quad 4...and assuming that the Patriots were to defeat the Craigmont Chiefs or whoever the opening round 8th seed will be!

BUT...Clarksville High is this week...who has beaten the Patriots 4 out of the last 6...let's just beat the Wildcats first!

Edited by QBClubPrez

We will not face a REAL test (an opponent who can possibly play with us) until round three...maybe round four...or maybe not at all. The field is not strong at all and we are quite strong. Like I have said all along, Hillsboro is no good...Melrose is no good...Maplewood is not a factor...all of the teams that have given us problems in the recent past, are not a threat at all. If we play Columbia, it will be a rout. Gallatin is pretty good. The other side of the state is average at best. This is our year for sure, if there ever has been one. If we come out flat, we will still bury Clarksville. If we come out flat, we will annihilate Dickson County. Our players need to stay healthy and stay out of trouble...the rest will take care of itself.

Kinda bold statements there RW....some teams that use to have great teams now dont..its a vicious cycle every progam goes thru seems every 4-6 years..IMO its a very water-downed state playoff format also FYI Maplewood is now 4A... my best to the Pats..they will go far into playoffs ,Mostly Ill be rootin for Counce to win the elusive Gold Ball he deserves.. :hungry:

I honestly don't care who we play, I'm just ready to see a good football game. I know we're "likely" not to have one for at least a few more weeks, and while you will NEVER hear me complain of prosperity, I must admit that blowout after blowout after blowout does get quite old. I hope our boys play their best each and every week, and I hope we keep improving, but I'm ready to see us go against someone who will truly test us. That is, knock us in the mouth. I want to see how we respond. Last year we didn't respond to it so well, and you can NEVER underestimate the mental aspect of the game. If we don't face a test until the quarters or the semis then so be it...i just want to see how we respond once we do.

I honestly don't care who we play, I'm just ready to see a good football game. I know we're "likely" not to have one for at least a few more weeks, and while you will NEVER hear me complain of prosperity, I must admit that blowout after blowout after blowout does get quite old. I hope our boys play their best each and every week, and I hope we keep improving, but I'm ready to see us go against someone who will truly test us. That is, knock us in the mouth. I want to see how we respond. Last year we didn't respond to it so well, and you can NEVER underestimate the mental aspect of the game. If we don't face a test until the quarters or the semis then so be it...i just want to see how we respond once we do.

Blowouts will continue until at least 2nd round of playoffs and probably until 3rd or 4th round. We are that good and it looks like we are way better than our competition so you will not get your "test".

If the playoffs were to start this week...Henry County (if they were to win their opening round game) would host the winner of Ridgeway and Memphis East. The Mustangs reportedly have one of the best running backs in Tennessee and we all know what happened the last time the Patriots played the Ridgeway Roadrunners!....either of these teams seemingly will be very good...again provided HC can remain the top seed in Quad 4...and assuming that the Patriots were to defeat the Craigmont Chiefs or whoever the opening round 8th seed will be!

BUT...Clarksville High is this week...who has beaten the Patriots 4 out of the last 6...let's just beat the Wildcats first!

Now you are talking about an area where I have close friends still coaching. HC will destroy East or Ridgeway this year...neither game would be a contest. Ridgeway is nothing like they were a few years ago...not nearly as good as they were even last year. Please be more realistic Prez...your efforts to try to build up our opponents (or potential opponents) are falling on deaf ears...at least from those of us in the know.

Kinda bold statements there RW....some teams that use to have great teams now dont..its a vicious cycle every progam goes thru seems every 4-6 years..IMO its a very water-downed state playoff format also FYI Maplewood is now 4A... my best to the Pats..they will go far into playoffs ,Mostly Ill be rootin for Counce to win the elusive Gold Ball he deserves.. :hungry:

I never considered telling the truth to be a bold thing...but if the truth is bold, then I am as bold as they come.

Now you are talking about an area where I have close friends still coaching. HC will destroy East or Ridgeway this year...neither game would be a contest. Ridgeway is nothing like they were a few years ago...not nearly as good as they were even last year. Please be more realistic Prez...your efforts to try to build up our opponents (or potential opponents) are falling on deaf ears...at least from those of us in the know.

After 30 years of coaching..(there I said it too)...I can only assume you are "already deaf" given the amount of whistles blown in your direction, scoreboard horns you've heard, cussings you've had from parents, and certainly if you attend HC games in your retirement and sit near Randy's train horn!.....I believe however that Ridgeway to be better than East...but East still dangerous IF allowed to gain any momentum as teams like Melrose, Fairley, and even East teams of the past were prone to do!....however..I agree....we should be able to beat these teams but not to the level of beating we put on Raleigh Egypt a couple years back!

Edited by QBClubPrez

Here ya go 'Warrior....in case your paper is a day or 2 late getting to the lake area...here's the coach quoted in the paper as pertains to our discussion!

“I tell everybody that we schedule the best people we can in the two games that start the season before the district games begin,†Counce said Monday. “Liberty is one of the top programs in any class in West Tennessee. We played Beech and they were a state champion in Class Five A just two years ago. As far as our district goes, we play the games that the state assigns us there.â€