MBA Freshman

opowell96

So far I've heard about the MBA freshman football as one of the best football teams MBA has had at that level in quite some time. Apparently the new Coach Euverard has a very good son as well as very good backs behind him. Mike Lacey has been getting some PT on varsity and TJ jefferson is a bull between the tackes... Owen Powell is an all around stud on the end. Their line is aprox. 240 on average.

So far I've heard about the MBA freshman football as one of the best football teams MBA has had at that level in quite some time. Apparently the new Coach Euverard has a very good son as well as very good backs behind him. Mike Lacey has been getting some PT on varsity and TJ jefferson is a bull between the tackes... Owen Powell is an all around stud on the end. Their line is aprox. 240 on average.

Owen Powell is a stud? Owen, you might not want to make your account name opowell96 and then start bragging about yourself on here bud.

• Upvote 1

Guess it's hard to talk about the varsity football team this year so now its the freshman team that people are talking about. What is their record and who have they played? BA has 3 freshman that start on varsity and 2 others that get playing time, they don't play freshman football. So MBA freshman team beating BA's freshman team is not comparing apples to apples.

Edited by shakinthefat

Guess it's hard to talk about the varsity football team this year so now its the freshman team that people are talking about. What is their record and who have they played?

Siegel, BA, Ryan, Cookeville, Blackman, and JP II. Certainly I'd rather have the frosh winning rather than losing, but success on the freshman level doesn't necessarily translate to success at the next level.

I hear JPII's fourth grade team is tearing it up this year...

I'm sure MBA has a great Freshman team, but before you go bragging too much keep in mind most of the schools you are beating have their best Freshman players on the varsity team so you are probably playing 8th graders and sub-par freshman. Just a thought there big guy.

I'm sure MBA has a great Freshman team, but before you go bragging too much keep in mind most of the schools you are beating have their best Freshman players on the varsity team so you are probably playing 8th graders and sub-par freshman. Just a thought there big guy.

MBA is doing the same thing. It's a good freshmen team, undefeated against a pretty decent schedule. Of course, that's no guarantee of anything in the future. Ryan has had a very strong freshman program over the years, but it's translated to fairly average results.

MBA is doing the same thing. It's a good freshmen team, undefeated against a pretty decent schedule. Of course, that's no guarantee of anything in the future. Ryan has had a very strong freshman program over the years, but it's translated to fairly average results.

I may have to respectfully disagree with you on the first comment (MBA is doing the same thing) When you have enough boys to field 7th grade team, 8th grade team, 9th grade team, 10th grade team, JV team and Varsity I feel pretty confident saying not a lot of the freshmen boys are playing MBA Varsity.

The freshmen football team at a school will show you a few things such as:

1. What type of size the future varsity team will have.

2. How many true athletes are in the class.

3. If the class is smart enough to learn a complicated system.

MBA should have a good freshmen class every season due to the following facts:

1. Students are required to participate in after school activities.

2. By having both a 7th & 8th grade program the team would have run the same system for two seasons.

3. The players should have been in a solid strength & conditioning program for two years.

4. Students at MBA should be smart enough to learn any system very quickly.

5. Even though it is the future of their program most schools place little if any emphasis on freshmen or junior varsity football.

If a school is consistently having good freshmen teams but those same athletes are not doing well when they get to the varsity it is an indication that the talent is not being developed.

• Upvote 1

The freshmen football team at a school will show you a few things such as:

1. What type of size the future varsity team will have.

2. How many true athletes are in the class.

3. If the class is smart enough to learn a complicated system.

MBA should have a good freshmen class every season due to the following facts:

1. Students are required to participate in after school activities.

2. By having both a 7th & 8th grade program the team would have run the same system for two seasons.

3. The players should have been in a solid strength & conditioning program for two years.

4. Students at MBA should be smart enough to learn any system very quickly.

5. Even though it is the future of their program most schools place little if any emphasis on freshmen or junior varsity football.

If a school is consistently having good freshmen teams but those same athletes are not doing well when they get to the varsity it is an indication that the talent is not being developed.

MBA should have an advantage with higher male enrollment too.

MCCallie - 631

MBA - 476

Ryan - 445

Baylor - 348

JP2 - 292

BA - 220

EHS - 213

BGA - 174