TSSAA strips Signal Mountain of its six wins

signalfire

Now we know why the kid who lives down the road from Brainerd, had a "hardship" that required him to be transported past several local high schools, to attend Signal Mountain. Turns out he has a fear of the valley. I guess its a medical condition. When he reached the school atop the hill, the coach was pleasantly surprised. "You mean he can play football? What a lucky break for us!"

TSSAA waits to get them when they had their chance to make it hurt. The timing was done this way in order to get SM for their lack of sportsmanship and self imposed penalties for the fights that involved the current players, coaches, and parents over the last few years. It's the TSSAA way of saying we are in control.

Now we know why the kid who lives down the road from Brainerd, had a "hardship" that required him to be transported past several local high schools, to attend Signal Mountain. Turns out he has a fear of the valley. I guess its a medical condition. When he reached the school atop the hill, the coach was pleasantly surprised. "You mean he can play football? What a lucky break for us!"

I still ain't got my sammich, lady.:hungry:

TSSAA waits to get them when they had their chance to make it hurt. The timing was done this way in order to get SM for their lack of sportsmanship and self imposed penalties for the fights that involved the current players, coaches, and parents over the last few years. It's the TSSAA way of saying we are in control.

I believe you are correct. It is interesting that T$$AA notified Perry County when questions were raised about the eligibility of two of their players. They were given the opportunity to sit them out for two weeks while the investigation was underway. Once they ruled the boys ineligible, Perry County had to vacate 3 wins, rather than 5.

That Childress man told us that questions were raised at their Sept. 22 meeting, and they began their investigation immediately. He did not even have the decency to tell our AD, who was at that meeting. Had Childress notified us of the investigation, we could have sat the player for two games while the investigation was underway. Doing so would have given us at least a shot at still making the playoffs.

Does anybody else have a problem with how Childress handled this? I know he has a woody for us, but to do this with the full understanding that he would be screwing the kids royally. :twisted:

Then to rub salt in their wounds, after doing it this way, he faxes his report to us four hours before the Polk kickoff.:twisted:

Glad we got the T$$AA looking out for our kids. As I said in a previous post, it's one thing to kick a guy in the gonads.

But ... it takes a special kind of callousness to then bend over him, castrate him, and force him to eat the remains.

I would be more loathsome in my references to him, but I would get banned.

myspace-marilyn-manson-graphic.jpg

You are on a roll today!

Since the other thread is locked I figured I would respond to your concern about my reading comprehension. Apparently it is far better than yours. Go back and reread what I wrote. I said your last sentence, I didn't say statement. If you're still confused it's the sentence I deleted from your post when I responded. I understand you said rumors about the other stuff and I responded. Also I didn't insinuate in any way the kid SP got from LFO was not on the up and up. You asked what LFO's record was the year prior and I told you to go ask the 6'5" 300lbs lineman you got from there.

I'm sure you have read about every post on here. So again your comprehension must not be to good as you went right back and questioned the kid off Hwy 58 that has already been answered twice.

My comprehension is fine, but I'm not sure about yours. :thumb:

The closed topic included a picture of the player in what looked to be a Cleveland Blue Raider jersey, it mentioned also in the picture were the Cleveland coach and at least 1 more Cleveland player. Not sure where it was at, some outdoor scene. That's probably why the Cleveland coach said on the air (Stump) he'd expected him to be playing at Cleveland.

If Signal Mtn had known about this on that date, Signal Mtn could have turned themselves on that date and still could have made the playoffs. Bottom line is they broke the TSSAA rules. You can blame anyone you want, but the blame still goes back to Signal Mtn.

You just don't get it, do you? I'm not blaming anyone. You may not believe it, but I truly believe it was a stupid mistake on the form, not willful intent to circumvent the rules. Even if you want to say it was "willful" cheating, it should have been handle in the same manner as the Perry County investigation. Still could have declared him ineligible, called us cheaters, and vacated 4 wins. Didn't have to rip the kids' hearts out in the process.:twisted:

The closed topic included a picture of the player in what looked to be a Cleveland Blue Raider jersey, it mentioned also in the picture were the Cleveland coach and at least 1 more Cleveland player. Not sure where it was at, some outdoor scene. That's probably why the Cleveland coach said on the air (Stump) he'd expected him to be playing at Cleveland.

Didn't see the picture, but they're getting kids mixed up. He has a relative at Cleveland.

If some of these ............ really knew this kids history and why he came to Signal Mountain, they would be ashamed of themselves for the acusations they have been making.:wub:

Your a special kind of stupid aren't you. It was a very lucky break. The kid had only played less than 1 half of high school football before coming to SM. So the fact that he was able to come in and be coached and developed into a player was a lucky break.

Oh, what are the several local schools that he has to be transported by to attend SM?