Mckenzie @ Huntingdon!

Butchie

Entire Dresden team and community is praying for rebel nation. Good to hear Huntingdon showed so much class. Horrible night. Don't know how you played a game. :(

Thank you hogheaven, we need the prayers at this time. Huntingdon was the perfect host for tonight. Their stock went up consderably in Rebel Nation. It was a horrible night for Rebel nation any way you cut it. Losing the game wasn't so much of a surprise, the Mustangs are serious business.

We didn't really play a game tonight, we just showed up. Wish we had an open date next weekend so we could have postponed it but....... I can't recall a time ever that I felt like this after a game. I don't even care who won. That's huge coming from the Duck!

On a "normal" Friday night,football is very important to the communities supporting two programs as rich in tradition as Huntingdon and McKenzie,rivalries don't come much bigger.The tragic loss of a life,and the actions of both programs,schools,and neighboring fans puts a game in proper perspective,it's a game.The love and respect shown by Huntingdon,and the gratitude returned from the Rebs are reminders of what is truly important to all of us.My prayers go out to the family,I have two girls of my own and have no idea how I'd survive the pain of such a loss,other than divine intervintion.Pray also for the students,some have had their lives altered forever,and may everyone involved tonight recieve the blessing deserved for putting the game second and their neighbor first.

Probably as signifigant a post as I've seen on here ever. This was a tough night for Rebel Nation. And I do thank Huntingdon for recognizing the sorrow we were under tonight. The creek ain't really all that wide we're across.

Edited by duckman38201
  • Upvote 1

OK ya'll, I'm hopefully headed to bed but me and Butchie rolled over to Htown and went to the game and we talked all the way about all the obvious issues that the Rebels were dealing with tonight. We concluded that it wouild be a pit bull dogfight or it would be a blow out. We all know how that went now.

All I can say is good luck Huntingdon. We appreciate you for tonight. Keep us in your thoughts from here on and we will you.

Right now I just want to cry for our kids because I know what they are going thru first hand. I can't imagine if it were one of my kids!!!

First I want to say thank you to the Mustang community, fans and football program for the great pregame and halftime support of McKenzie's difficult day. Coming together as one regardless of the rivalry is what is was all about. Your cheerleaders coming over to support to one of our other cheerleaders battling cancer topped it all off. I for one have a new found respect for the Stangs and fans. Again, thank you from all of us in Rebel Country :thumb:

Now, for all in 1A football, you better get ready for those Huntingdon Mustangs. I’m going to tell you, they are for real. Tyler Warbritton is a machine out there. He would get my vote on Mr. Football if I had any say so. You are a well oiled machine and WILL be in the mix for the gold this year. Congrats on the victory tonight, you were the better team all around. I never thought in million years we would get handled that way, but it happened. I thought the second half would be our downfall but it started in the 1st and never let up. Again, congrats and best of luck the rest of the way. I’ll be pulling for you, that is for sure.

Rebels, it has been a tough day for each of you. You played with heart and no one should say otherwise. You will have better days so keep those heads up and work for the next game. We still have some big games ahead of us so work on those and let this one go in the books. I am proud of you regardless and each of you will be with me in thought and prayers the next few days.

One of the classiest posts I've ever read. Thanks very much for that. I would like to start off by saying the entire community is in my thoughts and prayers. this is a difficult situation for your town and team. i know of a few of our guys that were close with miss buckley as well. best of luck to the rebels the rest of the season. i hope you can get past this and make a deep run in the playoffs!

Now about the game... Tyler Warbritton is a stud. He played his tail off tonight. The defense keeps improving every week and that's great to see. Proud of the blue and gold tonight. Now we need two weeks of good practices and take care of the last game and secure a district championship as well as an undefeated season!

Well It Took A Twelve Pack To Wash That Loss Down...LOL. It Was Tough! Everytime I Looked At The Clock Lastnight, It Seemed To Be Moving Slower. During My Slumber I Kept Hearing That's A Mustang Firstdown! We Had No Answer For Anything Ya Did Lastnight. Totally Defenseless. The Mustangs Have Got It Going. But In My Statement Is In No Way A Retraction Of My Previous Statements During The Week.. Us Rebels Will Go Back To Work And Whip Your Butt Next Season At Our House. But Until Then, Good Luck Ya Hosers! And Remember! Ya Got One Coming Next Year! :roflolk:

As yesterday rolled around, I can tell you football was the last thing on my mind. To be honest, i could have cared less if we played or not played. Probably better we did because today and tomorrow will be tough for our students, players, cheerleaders and community. Last night, I take my hat off to the football team of the Huntingdon Mustangs. After the well deserved victory, we in the press box did not notice the usual jubilation which would come from beating Mckenzie. Of course, there was some as it should have been but not to the magnitude you would expect. I also know that some of Huntingdons players also seeked some counseling because of Taylors accident. You see, she worked in Huntingdon, so she knew a lot of those players. In the grand scheme of things, football was the least important thing last night. However, it may have been the very thing two schools and two communities needed. You see, maybe for just a couple of hours, our minds were drawn away and allowed to rest from what the previous day brought us. Could we totally block it out, of course not. But with every snap of the ball, tackle, touchdown we thought about that. As it has been said many times, this is what Taylor would have wanted. Again, thank you to the Huntingdon community for your support. Oh yeah, I agree with Duck. THANK YOU for the pre-game prayer.

If anyone wants to know, the arraingements for Taylor are 5 to 8 or 9 Saturday and the funeral is Sunday at 2. These services are all at the McKenzie Church of Christ.