Henry County vs. Dickson County

RedSwarm10

during your off week Henry County should have played UT I predict the score would have been

UT 7

UHC 42

Running clock whole 2nd half.

Hope you can bring the 5A Gold Ball to Paris. Pats a truly dominate team this year. Good luck in the playoff although I dont think you will need much luck. I dont see UHC having a close game. I truly believe you could play up this year and probably win the 6A gold ball

I truly believe the 5A championship will go to either HC or Gallatin but I will have to disagree on them being able to play up and win the 6A gold ball (not this year anyway). This is not to take anything away from HC b/c they have a great team but there are just some amazing teams in 6A such as Maryville, Mt.Juliet, Riverdale and pretty much every team in Riverdale's region. I just feel that 6A as a whole is really stacked and to be honest which ever team does end up winning it all will have to run a gauntlet.....

during your off week Henry County should have played UT I predict the score would have been

UT 7

UHC 42

Running clock whole 2nd half.

Hope you can bring the 5A Gold Ball to Paris. Pats a truly dominate team this year. Good luck in the playoff although I dont think you will need much luck. I dont see UHC having a close game. I truly believe you could play up this year and probably win the 6A gold ball

Look we are very good this year, but we are still far from unbeatable. We still have to take it one game at a time and not let our foot off the gas. I also disagree that we won't have a close game in the playoffs. We may not have one until quarters or the semis, but there are other good teams out there besides us. In fact next week, I'm going to skip our date with Rossview and head a little further east to watch the Gallatin-Beech game.

As for the 6A comment....I'm not saying it's impossible, but we would need luck, and lots of it. There are 3 or 4 teams in 6A this year who are probably better than the best 5A team.

Thank you for the vote of confidence though, commish.

Edited by RedSwarm10

Wyattearp....As I said earlier...most of us knew that this game would be a "typical" Henry County/Dickson County matchup! Thank you to the Dickson County fanbase base for adding to the atmosphere at a wonderful high school experience for players, fans, & students alike! As usual...Dickson County has a wonderful football team that played hard and with confidence all night regardless of the score. The Cougars were hard hitting, efficient on offense, and caused a early turnover which set the tone for the entire first half! Of course in the end, the Patriots kept the barrel and extended the winning streak to 5 games over DC. I understand that the Cougars aren't "senior heavy" and will likely be a factor in next year's district race! Good luck in the 6A playoffs....and congrats to the Patriots on a hard fought "4 quarters" of football!

To me, Dickson looks like a program on the rise. They looked easily like the 2nd best team in the district last night. That is, they look farther ahead of the pack than I've been seeing and reading. If it is true that they don't have a lot of seniors, then they should be pretty good next year.

this is the reson i do not like bye weeks . I would like to know if they mandated by the tssaa or are left to the coach. the patroits came out flat and dc came out sky high. I hope they do good in the playoffs i will be in cookville if they do. DC is off this week you all will kill rossview I wjll be following teams closely good luck

To me, Dickson looks like a program on the rise. They looked easily like the 2nd best team in the district last night. That is, they look farther ahead of the pack than I've been seeing and reading. If it is true that they don't have a lot of seniors, then they should be pretty good next year.

About ten seniors with close to 30 juniors and sophomores each.

cougars played well last night. Looked to have brought a good game plan to Paris. 14-6 at half with all momentum going to DC. Fumble to begin second half was a killer. Henry running game took over in second half. The atmosphere was incredible very comparable to a college game. I was very proud of our cougars. Hopefully pats and cougars represent 10 AAA well in the play offs.

One question though for pats.....why did they keep their starters in on offense with 2 minutes to go in game and then threw a td pass ? Looks like a big risk for a state champion hopeful doesn't it. Did the coach have the pats and 23.5 to cover a line ?

Look we are very good this year, but we are still far from unbeatable. We still have to take it one game at a time and not let our foot off the gas. I also disagree that we won't have a close game in the playoffs. We may not have one until quarters or the semis, but there are other good teams out there besides us. In fact next week, I'm going to skip our date with Rossview and head a little further east to watch the Gallatin-Beech game.

As for the 6A comment....I'm not saying it's impossible, but we would need luck, and lots of it. There are 3 or 4 teams in 6A this year who are probably better than the best 5A team.

Thank you for the vote of confidence though, commish.

Please wear your Henry Co gear so if I see you I can say hi.

Scouting a little early??

Please wear your Henry Co gear so if I see you I can say hi.

Scouting a little early??

I'll be decked in red.

And yeah I guess you could say that. Me and a couple of friends already "scouted" this end of the state during our bye week, and we should handle Rossview, so why not head east and see what you guys are cooking up?

cougars played well last night. Looked to have brought a good game plan to Paris. 14-6 at half with all momentum going to DC. Fumble to begin second half was a killer. Henry running game took over in second half. The atmosphere was incredible very comparable to a college game. I was very proud of our cougars. Hopefully pats and cougars represent 10 AAA well in the play offs.

One question though for pats.....why did they keep their starters in on offense with 2 minutes to go in game and then threw a td pass ? Looks like a big risk for a state champion hopeful doesn't it. Did the coach have the pats and 23.5 to cover a line ?

I agree that the Cougars played well, and it was indeed a great atmosphere. Good luck to DC in the playoffs.

As for your second paragraph, give me a break. It was 31-14, not 60-14. We don't pull our starters unless the clock is running, and that's the way it should be. I assume the "risk" you speak of is that of an injury. And to that, I say there is a "risk" of injury every single Friday night when the team takes the field. So unless the game is out of hand, one cannot coach around the possibility of an injury. Our offense did not have a great game, and that is probably why we continued running our offense for the duration of the 4th quarter.

As for our last score, it was a rollout play, which in our case is usually a short or intermediate pass...or a quarterback keeper. We threw a touchdown because our receiver was absolutely wide open. What exactly were you expecting our QB to do in that situation? Throw the ball out ouf bounds so he wouldn't hurt your feelings? If Dickson didn't want us to score, then they should've kept us out of the endzone. No disrespect, just telling it like it is.

Again, good game DC, and good luck in the playoffs.

Edited by RedSwarm10

Equally as big of a momentum killer was the Patriots' fumble inside the Cougar 15 on the first series. Of course Wyattearp...as you know...turnovers are part of the game and are huge factors generating both positive and negative momentum depending on what side of the turnover you are on! (turnoverer or recepient) Secondly....at what point did you think the game was out of hand and the starters needed to be pulled? I didn't see any "risk" as to the personel that was on the field at anytime during the game....however...you must have. Please elaborate further.

Equally as big of a momentum killer was the Patriots' fumble inside the Cougar 15 on the first series. Of course Wyattearp...as you know...turnovers are part of the game and are huge factors generating both positive and negative momentum depending on what side of the turnover you are on! (turnoverer or recepient) Secondly....at what point did you think the game was out of hand and the starters needed to be pulled? I didn't see any "risk" as to the personel that was on the field at anytime during the game....however...you must have. Please elaborate further.

Here is my elaboration. To answer a previous post....I'm not whining. If you can't stop them then so be it. I also believe at that point in the game the starters should be in there but what I don't understand is why pass with 2 minutes left in the game. You guys could have run the clock out with your running game or scored a td with your running game. It seemed to me it was a little lack of class up 17 throwing a pass with two minutes to go in a game that was over. I personally don't care. I thought the cougars played pretty well and the final two minutes doesn't matter throwing a pass or not. I do believe if your qb blew a knee on that play.....the Henry faithful would be all over your coach.

Just my opinion......take it for what it's worth.