Covington at Obion Co.

VOREBS

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OCCHS will have all their offensive weapons in place and still not for sure if the head coach will be on the sidelines or not. Hoping he responds well to the medication and can get back to the team sooner than later.

For all the Covington followers on here- I understand some of your main offensive guys are out with injuries. So just curious as to who has been picking up the slack at RB and who are some of your main WR and the QB I'm to assume is the same??

OC has the spread set offense but have actually had more running plays this year than passing. This contest should come down to the OC run defense and the Covington adjustments to stopping the Rebs big play arsenal.

Should be a fun Friday night in Troy.. Getcha Popcorn ready!! :popcorneater:

Yep, I see that OC is #3 and Covington is #5 in the 4A poll this week. This is setting up to be a major game for a regular season contest.

Regarding Covington running backs: Carlos Williams (#1) had shoulder surgery and is out for the season, after rushing for 274 yards in one game. Colliar Robinson (#12) rushed for 188 yards last week (on 11 carries, I believe). Johnston White (#5) has also had some nice rushing games this year, being a breakaway threat any time he touches the ball. Terence Pierson (#8) was injured and has missed several games, but was back against Haywood. Sheldon Lyons (#15) had a long TD run against Haywood and showed me some speed that I did not know he had.

Britt Dunn (#6) is solid at QB. We will not throw the ball very often. You can bet on that.

What is the story on the OC coach? Health problems?

CLASS 4A

/ Rec / Pts / Prv /

1. Greeneville (16) / 6-1 / 230 / 1 /

2. Lexington (8) / 7-0 / 222 / 2 /

3. Obion County / 7-0 / 193 / 4 /

4. Red Bank / 6-1 / 151 / 6 /

5. Covington / 6-1 / 129 / 7 /

6. Chester County / 6-1 / 95 / 5 /

7. Giles County / 5-2 / 93 / 8 /

8. Maplewood / 5-3 / 64 / 9 /

9. Signal Mountain / 0-2 / 54 / 3 /

10.DeKalb County / 7-1 / 21 / NR /

Others receiving 12 or more points: 11, Livingston Academy 15. 12, Mitchell 14. 13, Marshall County 13.

Yep, I see that OC is #3 and Covington is #5 in the 4A poll this week. This is setting up to be a major game for a regular season contest.

Regarding Covington running backs: Carlos Williams (#1) had shoulder surgery and is out for the season, after rushing for 274 yards in one game. Colliar Robinson (#12) rushed for 188 yards last week (on 11 carries, I believe). Johnston White (#5) has also had some nice rushing games this year, being a breakaway threat any time he touches the ball. Terence Pierson (#8) was injured and has missed several games, but was back against Haywood. Sheldon Lyons (#15) had a long TD run against Haywood and showed me some speed that I did not know he had.

Britt Dunn (#6) is solid at QB. We will not throw the ball very often. You can bet on that.

What is the story on the OC coach? Health problems?

http://www.nwtntoday.com/news.php?viewStory=61947

Word is that Coach Jackson will not be able to attend the game, but will be viewing the game from his room and will be in contact with the team during the game. I can't be 100% sure of this as things can always change but that is the plan apparently as of now. Either way, the Rebels leadership and character will be on display this weekend. If they are able to come out and defeat a solid/talented Covington squad w/ their coach being away from the team for almost 2 weeks, I see bright things for this Rebel team in the near future....

Between the bye week and a "missing" coach, the Rebels have their work cut out for them going against a very capable Covington team. They will be strong in the run game and aren't ranked at #5 for nothing. Looking forward to a great game in which both teams will be tested. Best wishes to the coach for recovery. Rebels, time to step up and show you are no fluke. Play your game your way and regardless of who is on your sideline you will be victors. A challenging team like the Chargers is what you need right now.

GO REBELS!!!!!!!!!

Obion Central has always played us tough regardless of records. I remember being ranked in top 5 in the state a few years ago and went up there and got our butts handed to us. So Chargers better buckle down tight and be ready for a hard fought game because there aint no quit in them Rebels. Alaways has been one of my favorites places to play and watch high school football in West Tn.People there have always been classy in both victories and defeats. However I will not attempt to predict a score on what 15-18 year old boys are gonna do. I look for a great ball game and I'm gonna get there early and get me seat. I don't think OCC has been tested yet like Covington has so I think that will be the difference, look for a close one.

Can't wait!

Obion Central has always played us tough regardless of records. I remember being ranked in top 5 in the state a few years ago and went up there and got our butts handed to us. So Chargers better buckle down tight and be ready for a hard fought game because there aint no quit in them Rebels. Alaways has been one of my favorites places to play and watch high school football in West Tn.People there have always been classy in both victories and defeats. However I will not attempt to predict a score on what 15-18 year old boys are gonna do. I look for a great ball game and I'm gonna get there early and get me seat. I don't think OCC has been tested yet like Covington has so I think that will be the difference, look for a close one.

Can't wait!

I agree with the "can't wait" part. I hope that Charger fans will get loaded up and make this trip. This is the most important game the Chargers have played in years. We played Crockett a few years back when we were both ranked in the top ten in 3A. This has to be the best match-up since that one.

Can't wait!

I played for the OC team that beat y'all when they were #1 in the state...I always loved playing Covington...The games were never boring...Should be no different tomorrow night in front of what could be one of the largest crowds ever at Rebel Field...

Go Rebs!

Can't wait to see this one play out.... Almost here.... hate to say this but going 28 to 21 Obion

I played for the OC team that beat y'all when they were #1 in the state...I always loved playing Covington...The games were never boring...Should be no different tomorrow night in front of what could be one of the largest crowds ever at Rebel Field...

Go Rebs!