Covington at Obion Co.

VOREBS

Obion vrs Covington! Wow what a game! one of the best games I've seen in years. I will also add that the Obion people were classy as always. I will not get on here and blast your sons on either team because being a Dad of a football player and I actually played the game, I realize how bad these losses hurt. It's pretty obvious on here sometimes who has never crossed a white line on a football field except in a band uniform!I'm a Charger and proud to be but this was a game we'll talkabout for a long time. I didn't see any quit on either team. The RB #21 for Obion was very impressive, where will he be playing on Saturdays? IMO I think Covington was a tad bit more phyiscal on both sides of the ball was the difference. I do think we will see each other again and I can't wait. That's the kind of game that makes Friday night, FRIDAY NIGHT!

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Great Post + 1 :thumb:

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

tbiggs I was very impressed with the Covington game plan coming in and you could tell they scouted OCCHS well on both sides of the ball. Multiple backs that can run the ball and hats off to the guys up front who blocked fairly well for them. Perhaps these teams could meet again in the playoffs(which now more than likely will take place at Covington) If that be the case the Rebel defense better come to play because the Charger Wing T offense was very impressive. Should be an excellent matchup with Covington at Milan next week in what will be a battle for the District 13AA regular season championship.

I agree but as classy as Obion people were, we won't get that next week in Milan but I will say it's a great place to experience a win! We use to play them before they were in the same district but when we beat em they didn't want to play with us anymore. Their not very nice when you beat them. But Friday night will be big and Covington will have to bring their A game to come out of there with a win!

I THINKED THANKED AND THOUGHTED OLE HUCKLEBERRY, AND YOUR TEAM IS WEAK.... LIKE I POSTED , I GUESS YOU RAN OUT OF WHIPPINGS TONIGHT GUESS.

I'll be your huckleberry. Think what you want, all i say is bring your team an COME GET SOME were not charging for whippings there free, but it will cost you $5 to get in an watch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

back to reality ... big iced cupcake schedule just got eaten by covington .... told u sooooooooooooo

Your an idiot! Im pretty sure i seen where you picked Obion to win! Thats neither here nor there. I was very impressed with Covington's running backs. #5 is really talented. These teams are evenly matched, and that game could have went either way. I was expecting a shootout and got it. Covington just made more stops. Obion could have had 2 more td's in the first half but stalled in the red zone. Parr had a horrible night and dropped a bunch of passes(1 for a td he tried to catch with 1 hand). He will bounce back tho. The covington td right before half really hurt. Central had an opportunity to really open the game up early and didnt capialize on the chances. Covington made them pay in the 2nd half. They run the football down the Rebels throat all night and OC just couldnt stop them. They have to get better on defense if they wanna make some noise in the playoffs. Hopefully Coach Jackson gets better quickly and can get his guys ready for the rest of the season and playoffs. By the way DHSTENNIS, i do think that the bye week was a factor in the rebels performance in this game(not to take anything away from the Chargers, they were awesome!) Just so you know i think the byes can hurt or help a team. Goodluck to the rebels the rest of the way and go make some noise in the playoffs! GO REBS!!!

Edited by rebfan11986

Your an idiot! Im pretty sure i seen where you picked Obion to win! Thats neither here nor there. I was very impressed with Covington's running backs. #5 is really talented. These teams are evenly matched, and that game could have went either way. I was expecting a shootout and got it. Covington just made more stops. Obion could have had 2 more td's in the first half but stalled in the red zone. Parr had a horrible night and dropped a bunch of passes(1 for a td he tried to catch with 1 hand). He will bounce back tho. The covington td right before half really hurt. Central had an opportunity to really open the game up early and didnt capialize on the chances. Covington made them pay in the 2nd half. They run the football down the Rebels throat all night and OC just couldnt stop them. They have to get better on defense if they wanna make some noise in the playoffs. Hopefully Coach Jackson gets better quickly and can get his guys ready for the rest of the season and playoffs. By the way DHSTENNIS, i do think that the bye week was a factor in the rebels performance in this game(not to take anything away from the Chargers, they were awesome!) Just so you know i think the byes can hurt or help a team. Goodluck to the rebels the rest of the way and go make some noise in the playoffs! GO REBS!!!

rebfan...the bye week didnt hurt ur team...the loss of ur coach did...ill give u that one...thats it...from what i understand covington is a 1 dimensional team and pretty awesome at the run game...if u cant stop them u cant stop liberty, lexington or chester county...at least ur boys have a few weeks to work on that before the playoffs...wheeler is a fantastic coach...very happy hes doin well early on in covington...

By what I saw in #5 for Covington last night...he and Fair are both good backs for sure. This game was a game of almost two halves. O C owned most of the first half all but the last 2 minutes. Then Covington controlled the entire second half. This is the only second team the Rebels has played that has a winning record and they are now 1 - 1. The competitions will only get tougher and Dyersburg will be a good test also. No more "cupcake" wins except for Haywood Game. After that....tough going. Tough loss for the Rebels but might be good for down into the playoffs. Only time will tell. With the coach Jackson thing and bye week...just ask Tennessee when they use to have a bye week before playing florida or bama...it usually is not a good thing and big games ALWAYS follows.

Edited by UCGRAD

Arm tackles! Looked like the defense was trying to strip the ball instead of making tackles. I didn't like the defensive scheme for the Rebels and I didn't see any adjustments to the fact it wasn't working. The offense was not in sync. Dropped passes and IMO, they became predictable. Fair was impressive as always. Cary was impressive. The Charger defense kept McGrew covered up. Parr, not a good night at all on either side of the ball. A bye week and a head coach out sick for a week and a half. IMO there was a definite lack of focus in the Rebels last night. All this adds up to a recipe for disaster. But the loss was no disaster. I don't put much stock in "good losses", but hopefully the coaching staff will see where the issues need addressing and make improvements. With that said, I'd say all this added up to about 20% of the problem reason for the loss. The other 80% was Covington has a very good team and executed their gameplan. The Rebels didn't tackle well and didn't defend well against the speed and talent of the Chargers. OC will have to adjust and get back to making hits on defense instaed of looking for strips and turnovers.

Covington earned this win. The Rebels had issues, but anyone who uses that as an excuse is not giving the Chargers their due. This was not a Rebels loss, it was a Chargers win. Congrats to Covington!

As for all the "I told you so" folks, as much as I hate for the Rebels to lose, I'm glad you finally get a chance to be right after 8 weeks. LOL As far as the "cupcake" schedule, get a life. 13AA (7-3A) has long been a tougher than most district. OC has 8 of the 9 other teams from the district on their schedule. For the Rebels to have an "up" year and some of the others to have a "down" year is just part of it. OC didn't sit back and wait for this year to add these teams to their schedule.

The Rebels will be fine. They have time to correct the issues and get some work in before play off time. I sat through back to back winless seasons, through mediocre seasons, and through some good ones. And they have all been worth it. Everyone wants to win the gold ball and OC is no exception. But win or lose, they are still having a great season. GO REBELS!!!!