Clarksville Academy @ Jo Byrns

MOTO24

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats funny, we seem to be the ones on the rise, talented underclass and great coaching staff an all. If I were you I would be worried about jb's slide. Ill go ahead an call next years game to. CA 21 JB 3

You can't overlook all the talent you're gonna lose though...

Yeah but you played common opponents while you were healthy and had all your players... I dont think you are as good now as you were when you played WHHeritage. Good luck with CA but you are not the same team. Ya might not even get past McEwen now. Sorry :mellow:

I don't get it...who's not healthy? Mono is from CA. The only common team JB played somewhat healthy was the WHH game. In the ER & HC games we were not healthy. I can see a loss to CA but to McEwen? darn that would suck!!!

You can't overlook all the talent you're gonna lose though...

this is true... i know im being over the top, but some folks take stuff way to seriuos... by the way i have alot of respect for j.b history an tradition... love watchnem... im from up by guthrie so i love the area, the people and the football... cant wait for friday nite...

this is true... i know im being over the top, but some folks take stuff way to seriuos... by the way i have alot of respect for j.b history an tradition... love watchnem... im from up by guthrie so i love the area, the people and the football... cant wait for friday nite...

Well I won't deny that I take it very serious. I hate to admit it but I've let several games ruin my weekend.:roflol:

Well I won't deny that I take it very serious. I hate to admit it but I've let several games ruin my weekend.:roflol:

I let a UT-Alabama game (when David Palmer scored a 2 point conversion to tie us) ruin about 2 weeks of my life. Now I can get over games within an hour.

This morning there is a nice article (other than a couple of errors) in The Leaf-Chronicle: Academy faces giant of Class A.

Edited by monoptn

I let a UT-Alabama game (when David Palmer scored a 2 point conversion to tie us) ruin about 2 weeks of my life. Now I can get over games within an hour.

This morning there is a nice article (other than a couple of errors) in The Leaf-Chronicle: Academy faces giant of Class A.

Yeah Frankie isn't playing and the QB is Brandon, not Kevin. Kevin will be the QB next year.

I saw Clarksville Academy up close while working the chains at the Nashville Christian game on 9-2-11. CA looks much better this year and can move the ball on the ground as well as pass to a couple of big receivers who have good speed. NCS started a sophmore QB and was up 10 to 0 with 4 minutes to go til half and turned the ball over 3 times and let CA score 21 points in 4 minutes late in the 2nd quarter. Take out the 3 turnover during those 4 minutes and NCS might have won that game.

1 2 3 4 FINAL

CA 0 21 7 0 28

NCS 3 7 0 6 16

I believe JB can win this one even with their injuries. As usual the Red Devils "Bring It" on defense and force CA to earn every score. Which is why i think the Red Devils will win this one. my 2 cents.

Edited by youthsportsPIX

To add a little perspective to this match-up. I saw Clarksville Academy up close while working the chains at the Nashville Christian game on 9-2-11. CA looks much better this year and can move the ball on the ground as well as pass to a couple of big receivers who have good speed. Although it appears they pass a lot but against NCS they actually run more out of the spread formation. They want to spread out and use all of the field.

NCS started a sophmore QB and was up 10 to 0 with 4 minutes to go til half and turned the ball over 3 times. Amazing how in 4 minutes we turned the ball over 3 times and gave up 3 TD's late in the 2nd quarter. Take out the 3 turnover during those 4 minutes and NCS probably would've won that game. (Shoulda Woulda Coulda)

I believe JB can win this one even with their injuries. As usual the Red Devils "Bring It" on defense and will force CA to earn every score. I predict that JB will protect the ball a little better. NCS had 3 sacks and if JB can pressure the CA QB it may be a long night for the Cougars in the Dungeon.

my 2 cents.

Box Score 1 2 3 4 FINAL

CA (1 – 1 – 0) 0 21 7 0 28

NCS (1 – 1 – 0) 3 7 0 6 16

I saw Clarksville Academy up close while working the chains at the Nashville Christian game on 9-2-11. CA looks much better this year and can move the ball on the ground as well as pass to a couple of big receivers who have good speed. NCS started a sophmore QB and was up 10 to 0 with 4 minutes to go til half and turned the ball over 3 times and let CA score 21 points in 4 minutes late in the 2nd quarter. Take out the 3 turnover during those 4 minutes and NCS might have won that game.

1 2 3 4 FINAL

CA 0 21 7 0 28

NCS 3 7 0 6 16

I believe JB can win this one even with their injuries. As usual the Red Devils "Bring It" on defense and force CA to earn every score. Which is why i think the Red Devils will win this one. my 2 cents.

I'm not sure of the exact number but CA's turnover ratio has to be great this year. I know they've scored several defensive TD's as well. Captain Obvious says: JB can't turn the ball over and expect to win.

Yeah, games can ruin your outlook on a weekend for sure. A couple of weekends ago I had a rare "perfect" weekend where all of my teams won...JB AAA Jr Pro, JB, Vols, Titans, and Da Bears.

As far as errors in the article, I did notice this and wish it were not an error...

But Jo Byrns figures to be a much tougher opponent than Portland. Tailback Frankie Traughber was a problem for the Academy last year and will be hard to handle tonight and quarterback Kevin Adkins has All-State caliber ability.

Edited by Shep