3) East (6-1) vs White Station (5-2) @ Fairgrounds

4) Germantown (4-3) @ Houston (3-4)

5) MUS (4-3) @ St. Benedict (5-1)

6) Ridgeway (4-3) vs Southwind (5-2) @ Halle

7) St. George's (6-1) @ USJ (7-1)

Briarcrest 10 Craigmont 28 East 14 Germantown 13 MUS 42 Ridgeway 45

CBHS 24 Millington 31 White Station 35 Houston 14 St. Benedict 0 Southwind 28

St. George's I guess?

dannyq, I'm going to assume you meant to say this ...

Briarcrest ...... 10

CBHS ............ 24

Craigmont ....... 28

Millington ........ 31

East ................ 14

White Station ... 35

Germantown .... 13

Houston ......... 14

MUS ............... 42

St. Benedict .... 0

Ridgeway ........ 45

Southwind ....... 28

St. George's wins

It looks good when you typed it in the text editer ... but when it is presented online, it just looks confusing ... don't you just hate that ... LOL!

by the way ... pick a winner in the Central/Hamilton game.

Ok by me if you do I am picking Central

It's official ... Game 8 is the Central vs Hamilton game @ Crump

Game 8

Central is playing to finish the season strong. Hamilton is playing to make the post season for the first time in a very looooooooong time. I personally think Central is the better of the two, but Central doesn't have the incentive that Hamilton has; therefore I'm leaning towards Hamilton.

Central ... 14, Hamilton ... 20

Edited by kwc

KWC...what do you know about Central and Hamilton? Any stars on either team? Who you picking in this one? Do you think Hamilton gets to 5-5?

First let me say this. Hamilton and Central are 5A and 6A schools respectively. That really doesn't matter too much. Both schools football programs have been celler dwellers for the past decade in their respective districts/regions. Both have brand new coaches for this year as well. Whitehaven, my alma mater, recently played both beating Central 33-7, and beating Hamilton 27-0. I wasn't at the Hamilton game but I've seen some film on them. That's all I know really. Neither have been a factor in such a long time that we fans simply don't really concentrate on them that much. I suggest you go to google and type in Whitehaven Classic 2011 and you can see highlights of the first game they played of this season.

hit link below.

They have some good players but I don't know any of them. They don't have anybody that has received any type of notoriety in the local paper or anything like that.

Hamilton is in a unique situation. Their program hasn't had prosperity in such a long time that it is hard to imagine how they will respond actually. This is an opportunity for Hamilton to build upon. Central, despite it's record, isn't going to be a cake walk for Hamilton. I picked Hamilton only because I think they will play above their heads to get in the playoffs. Otherwise, I would pick Central.

Edited by kwc

For those who don't know, the Central / Hamilton games plays tonight (Thursday). If you want to participate in the BGIM and miss this game, it won't be held against you. (error)

Let me correct myself. Along with the Hamilton/Central game is the White Station/East game at the Fairgrounds.

So ... if you miss tonights games then those two WILL be accounted against you.

Edited by kwc

1) Briarcrest (4-4) @ CBHS (5-2)- CBHS

2) Craigmont (4-3) @ Millington (6-1)Millington

3) East (6-1) vs White Station (5-2) @ Fairgrounds East

4) Germantown (4-3) @ Houston (3-4) Gtown

5) MUS (4-3) @ St. Benedict (5-1)MUs

6) Ridgeway (4-3) vs Southwind (5-2) @ Halle Southwind

7) St. George's (6-1) @ USJ (7-1)Usj

Bartlett over Cordova, Central over Hamilton.

First let me say this. Hamilton and Central are 5A and 6A schools respectively. That really doesn't matter too much. Both schools football programs have been celler dwellers for the past decade in their respective districts/regions. Both have brand new coaches for this year as well. Whitehaven, my alma mater, recently played both beating Central 33-7, and beating Hamilton 27-0. I wasn't at the Hamilton game but I've seen some film on them. That's all I know really. Neither have been a factor in such a long time that we fans simply don't really concentrate on them that much. I suggest you go to google and type in Whitehaven Classic 2011 and you can see highlights of the first game they played of this season.

hit link below.

They have some good players but I don't know any of them. They don't have anybody that has received any type of notoriety in the local paper or anything like that.

Hamilton is in a unique situation. Their program hasn't had prosperity in such a long time that it is hard to imagine how they will respond actually. This is an opportunity for Hamilton to build upon. Central, despite it's record, isn't going to be a cake walk for Hamilton. I picked Hamilton only because I think they will play above their heads to get in the playoffs. Otherwise, I would pick Central.

Great info kwc, thanks. I live in NE Tennessee but have relatives that are White Station grads. I enjoy keeping up with the Memphis teams from the other end of the state. When you include summaries on the teams it is very helpful. The 5A playoff race is of special interest right now with Hamilton, Craigmont, and Bartlett fighting to get in.

follows:

Big Games in Memphis

1) Briarcrest (4-4) @ CBHS (5-2)

2) Craigmont (4-3) @ Millington (6-1)

3) East (6-1) vs White Station (5-2) @ Fairgrounds

4) Germantown (4-3) @ Houston (3-4)

5) MUS (4-3) @ St. Benedict (5-1)

6) Ridgeway (4-3) vs Southwind (5-2) @ Halle

7) St. George's (6-1) @ USJ (7-1)

Analysis:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's it for me. :thumb: Get in where you fit in!

CBHS

Craigmont

East

G-Town

MUS

Ridgeway

USJ

Hamilton