2011 TN Titans Mr Football Ballot: DII Class A & AA Backs

CoachT

Who do you suggest I put on the ballot? I can recommend three backs in DII A and three more in DII AA. Negative comments do not work in this thread. This is the time to tell us who IS deserving, not who is not. This thread is for backs only.

For the fifth consecutive year, the Tennessee Titans Mr. Football Awards are being underwritten by a generous grant from the Tennessee Titans Foundation. The TSSAA is very appreciative of the generosity of team owner Bud Adams for his financial support of these awards and to the Titans organization for its wide-ranging support of student-athletes across our state.

Thirty-three finalists will again be honored at this year’s awards luncheon. This group is to include three finalists for Mr. Football Lineman of the Year and three finalists for Mr. Football Back of the Year in each classification (Class A, AA, and AAA in Division I and Class A and AA in Division II). There will be three finalists, regardless of classification, for the Mr. Football Kicker of the Year award. They are to be selected via a vote of football coaches and selected members of the media. The winners of the coveted award are to receive the distinguished Mr. Football trophy with the other finalists being presented plaques.

These outstanding individuals and their schools are to be recognized along with their parents and coaches at the prestigious Tennessee Titans Mr. Football Luncheon, scheduled Monday, November 28 at the Embassy Suites Hotel and Convention Center in Murfreesboro.

Each of the designated media outlets, of which you are one, is asked to submit the name of up to three players in each classification for the Mr. Football Lineman of the Year Award and the Mr. Football Back of the Year Award. You are also asked to submit three players, regardless of classification, for the Mr. Football Kicker of the Year award. It is not necessary to vote for three players in each category, but that is your option. If you feel an individual player is one of the top three players in both categories, then you may list him in both.

In order for your ballot to be counted, it must be received in our office via mail or fax

(1-615-889-0544) no later than MONDAY, OCTOBER 31. Please help honor Tennessee’s finest by responding today.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Josh Kimberlin at SBEC:

SBEC has gone from a very wide open balanced attack last year to a very run-oriented spread option this year so pass attempts have dropped off dramatically. Through the ECS game (7 games; he missed the Harding game):

126 carries for 1,048 yards and 15 TDs

8.3 ypc, 149.7 ypg

451 yds passing, 4 TDs passing

1 reception, 94 yds, 1 TD receiving

15 KO returns for 474 yds, 31.6 yds per return, 2 TDs

46 total tackles made

-------------------------------------

Lee Mayhall (through 8 games, not including SGIS game) the senior WR at USJ is certainly deserving. 330 yds rushing, 833 receiving, 25 TDs total

Brent Rooker (through 8 games) the junior QB at ECS has had a very good season. 1,500 yds passing, 400+ rushing, 18 total TDs

Matt Brown (around 500 yds from scrimmage, 9 TDs) the senior WR at Harding has been good though down from last season but I think you can attribute some of that to a more balanced offense at Harding and RB Michael Carr (13 TDs, ~1,000 yds from scrimmage). QB Matt Clemens has thrown for about 1,000 yds and has 15 total TDs. All through 7 games for Harding.

Drae Bowles at JCS has over 300 yds rushing, 380+ receiving and 13 total TDs.

unapproved website was a big help with stats. Couldn't find many teams in E/M putting stats out there.

If I were picking 3 and realize I've not seen or really been exposed to the kids from East/Middle I'd go with:

Josh Kimberlin

Lee Mayhall

Brent Rooker

Josh Kimberlin at SBEC:

SBEC has gone from a very wide open balanced attack last year to a very run-oriented spread option this year so pass attempts have dropped off dramatically. Through the ECS game (7 games; he missed the Harding game):

126 carries for 1,048 yards and 15 TDs

8.3 ypc, 149.7 ypg

451 yds passing, 4 TDs passing

1 reception, 94 yds, 1 TD receiving

15 KO returns for 474 yds, 31.6 yds per return, 2 TDs

46 total tackles made

-------------------------------------

Lee Mayhall (through 8 games, not including SGIS game) the senior WR at USJ is certainly deserving. 330 yds rushing, 833 receiving, 25 TDs total

Brent Rooker (through 8 games) the junior QB at ECS has had a very good season. 1,500 yds passing, 400+ rushing, 18 total TDs

Matt Brown (around 500 yds from scrimmage, 9 TDs) the senior WR at Harding has been good though down from last season but I think you can attribute some of that to a more balanced offense at Harding and RB Michael Carr (13 TDs, ~1,000 yds from scrimmage). QB Matt Clemens has thrown for about 1,000 yds and has 15 total TDs. All through 7 games for Harding.

Drae Bowles at JCS has over 300 yds rushing, 380+ receiving and 13 total TDs.

unapproved website was a big help with stats. Couldn't find many teams in E/M putting stats out there.

If I were picking 3 and realize I've not seen or really been exposed to the kids from East/Middle I'd go with:

Josh Kimberlin

Lee Mayhall

Brent Rooker

I think when looking at the choices you must look at who is the pure football player. Who is the well rounded back.

Who do you suggest I put on the ballot? I can recommend three backs in DII A and three more in DII AA. Negative comments do not work in this thread. This is the time to tell us who IS deserving, not who is not. This thread is for backs only.

Three backs to consider in DII A from the Middle/East Region:

Aubrey Dixon (Running Back)-Davidson Academy

Kyle Kennedy (Quarterback)-Donelson Christian Academy

Caleb Blance (Running Back)-Webb School of Knoxville