Sequatchie Co. vs. Signal Mnt. (Oct.28)

Omniscience

You are so full of crap, Hamilton county should be charging you a sewer bill. 1st off, the kid you are talking about was raised in S.P. However, unlike your administration, our folks seem to be able to fill out paper work correctly with the right answers.

Simple question. You are the one throwing stones at Signal. Did he go to LFO last year and did he play football. Did he live with his legal guardian in GA?

Simple question. You are the one throwing stones at Signal. Did he go to LFO last year and did he play football. Did he live with his legal guardian in GA?

Look, I answered your question. He filed transfer papers. He lives inside South Pittsburg's School zone. Plus, he originally lived in SP. That is the problem up there on SM is that many of you folk have serious reading comprehension problems. There was no academic hardship needed, no athletic hardship needed.

Edit: Your guy didn't move to SM. Nor did he ever live up there. Plus, he was in another zone, one that isn't even linked by the NCLB.

Edited by rlh

Treetop, I am going to ask you a simple question. Did the kid that lived out on hwy 58 last year have an academic and athletic hardship papers approved? Everyone has avoided answering that one in the various threads on SM getting busted for playing an ineligible player.

I think you should go into every game with the intentions of hanging as many points on a team as possible. It is not water polo it is football and the other team has to stop you that is the mentality of a winning team not to go into a game worried about hurting someones feelings. Now if you get up on a team 45-0 and it is obvious you are superior then call the dogs off, but you should go into every game with intentions of beating the crap out of the other team. If you are in a fight do you punch the guy then say that is good and let him come back and knock you out or do you keep punching till you break his will? Every team should go into the game with intentions of breaking the other teams will, once you do that then the respectful thing to do is let up. SM scored 76 points last week but they only won the game by 4 scores, that is a respectable win. The same as a 28-0 win. REAL MEN WIN FOOTBALL GAMES, MAN UP TAKE THE CHALLENGE AND STOP THE TEAM FROM TAKING YOUR WILL, TAKE THEIRS.

• Upvote 2

Look, I answered your question. He filed transfer papers. He lives inside South Pittsburg's School zone. Plus, he originally lived in SP. That is the problem up there on SM is that many of you folk have serious reading comprehension problems. There was no academic hardship needed, no athletic hardship needed.

Edit: Your guy didn't move to SM. Nor did he ever live up there. Plus, he was in another zone, one that isn't even linked by the NCLB.

Keep talking...did he live with his guardian while in Georgia? If so, did she have a bonafide change of address with his guardian.

I'm amazed at some of the posts I read from Signal Mtn supporters. This whole smelly affair is laughable.

1. Student attends (since 8th grade) Orchard Knob Middle, Lakeview-Fort Oglethorpe (GA), Hixson, Howard, Brainerd, LFO (again) and now Signal. His home address: never changed. Always in Brainerd area.

2. During same time period, Teacher-coach "mentor" teaches at Orchard Knob Middle, Sequatchie County, LFO and now Signal. He was not rehired in BOTH Sequatchie and Catoosa Counties.

3. Somehow, this uncertified "teacher" miraculously gets hired in summer 2011 at the great Signal Mtn High School, the world-class school of excellence. I wonder if there were more qualified, certified applicants?

4. By coincidence, just two weeks after LFO spring game in which student played, this uncertified "teacher" just happens to bring along this 6-3, 230 pound football standout, who "fears for his safety," and "can't get a good education" at LFO (an outstanding school with great test scores...but a not-so-great football program)

5. The "teacher" goes to central office, requests and is granted a "hardship" for this athlete, I mean football star. School Board member for Signal Mtn. is Chip Baker, a Signal football parent.

6. Two weeks after LFO spring game, student writes on his Facebook page, "I am going to Signal Mountain to play football." What? I thought it was about reading and math.

Meanwhile, the Signal faithful post on Internet boards that the student "is on track to graduate with honors from Signal Mountain." Which would come as a huge surprise to people at his previous schools, who say he rarely came to class, was usually tardy when he did come to school, and reportedly didn't earn many credits.

Frankly, it's hard for me to sympathize with Signal, for its brazen disregard of rules and sportsmanship, or this student, who despite being far more physically gifted than many inner-city students, has allowed himself to become a pawn of ill-advised parents, "mentors" and coaches, who have jeopardized his future. There are needy students with far fewer "mentors," advantages and supporters who will graduate in 2012 because they have attended their zoned school, showed up for class, and not tried to circumvent the rules.

Edited by blevins1491

I'm amazed at some of the posts I read from Signal Mtn supporters. This whole smelly affair is laughable.

1. Student attends (since 8th grade) Orchard Knob Middle, Lakeview-Fort Oglethorpe (GA), Hixson, Howard, Brainerd, LFO (again) and now Signal. His home address: never changed. Always in Brainerd area.

2. During same time period, Teacher-coach "mentor" teaches at Orchard Knob Middle, Sequatchie County, LFO and now Signal. He was not rehired in BOTH Sequatchie and Catoosa Counties.

3. Somehow, this uncertified "teacher" miraculously gets hired in summer 2011 at the great Signal Mtn High School, the world-class school of excellence. I wonder if there were more qualified, certified applicants?

4. By coincidence, just two weeks after LFO spring game in which student played, this uncertified "teacher" just happens to bring along this 6-3, 230 pound football standout, who "fears for his safety," and "can't get a good education" at LFO (an outstanding school with great test scores...but a not-so-great football program)

5. The "teacher" goes to central office, requests and is granted a "hardship" for this athlete, I mean football star. School Board member for Signal Mtn. is Chip Baker, a Signal football parent.

6. Two weeks after LFO spring game, student writes on his Facebook page, "I am going to Signal Mountain to play football." What? I thought it was about reading and math.

Meanwhile, the Signal faithful post on Internet boards that the student "is on track to graduate with honors from Signal Mountain." Which would come as a huge surprise to people at his previous schools, who say he rarely came to class, was usually tardy when he did come to school, and reportedly didn't earn many credits.

Frankly, it's hard for me to sympathize with Signal, for its brazen disregard of rules and sportsmanship, or this student, who despite being far more physically gifted than many inner-city students, has allowed himself to become a pawn of ill-advised parents, "mentors" and coaches, who have jeopardized his future. There are needy students with far fewer "mentors," advantages and supporters who will graduate in 2012 because they have attended their zoned school, showed up for class, and not tried to circumvent the rules.

Too long. Didn't read.

Treetop, I am going to ask you a simple question. Did the kid that lived out on hwy 58 last year have an academic and athletic hardship papers approved? Everyone has avoided answering that one in the various threads on SM getting busted for playing an ineligible player.

The boy had a hardship to attend SM and set out for 12 months from varisity participation just like the Howard kids on NCLB. Next question.

I think you should go into every game with the intentions of hanging as many points on a team as possible. It is not water polo it is football and the other team has to stop you that is the mentality of a winning team not to go into a game worried about hurting someones feelings. Now if you get up on a team 45-0 and it is obvious you are superior then call the dogs off, but you should go into every game with intentions of beating the crap out of the other team. If you are in a fight do you punch the guy then say that is good and let him come back and knock you out or do you keep punching till you break his will? Every team should go into the game with intentions of breaking the other teams will, once you do that then the respectful thing to do is let up. SM scored 76 points last week but they only won the game by 4 scores, that is a respectable win. The same as a 28-0 win. REAL MEN WIN FOOTBALL GAMES, MAN UP TAKE THE CHALLENGE AND STOP THE TEAM FROM TAKING YOUR WILL, TAKE THEIRS.

Teams that get their will broken are weak teams to start with. I've seen teams get beat by 50 points and still fight with everything they have right to the end. Did they get beat badly..yes, but they didn't give up. Sm might beat Seq by 603 points but, I promise they want have their will broken. So run up the score if given the chance, the cloud is already as dark as it can be.