Wayne County at Richland

wildcatpride70

You know...I really don't want to be mean but there are other kids that are really good for WC.

I agree, in 1A football you need to have atleast 5 outstanding players on each side of the ball to be contenders, 1 great player on the team wont get you far. WC and PC both have outstanding QBs, everybody knows that, but WC backfield has been very impressive all year. You never know which one is going to get the ball or if Rice is going to keep it and that keeps defenses honest. I also think another thing that has got WC to where they are is the Line, on offense they have done a great job blocking all year and you can count that they are going to come out and hit you right in the mouth, and on defense the line and the linebackers have played very disciplined football and done their individual jobs, and usually when a tackle is made you have to wait on the pile to clear before you know who made the tackle.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree, in 1A football you need to have atleast 5 outstanding players on each side of the ball to be contenders, 1 great player on the team wont get you far. WC and PC both have outstanding QBs, everybody knows that, but WC backfield has been very impressive all year. You never know which one is going to get the ball or if Rice is going to keep it and that keeps defenses honest. I also think another thing that has got WC to where they are is the Line, on offense they have done a great job blocking all year and you can count that they are going to come out and hit you right in the mouth, and on defense the line and the linebackers have played very disciplined football and done their individual jobs, and usually when a tackle is made you have to wait on the pile to clear before you know who made the tackle.

A.Rice, C.Butler,H.Skelton, and P.Mathis are they main ones that get noticed and they are good. Although, the 2 players that I think really go unnoticed are N.Horton and B.Ray. They both do a really good job at MLB and Nick has been runnin good lately and Boston is a beast on the line. I agree that the line has done a really good job this year...unsung heroes.

Wayne County is still number 4 in this weeks Times Daily poll. This should be an easy win with the JV playing the whole second half.

Times Daily writes:

Wayne County(8-0,5-0) vs. Richland(1-7,0-5)

The Skinny: "Wayne County remained unbeaten but fell to No. 3 in the most recent Tennessee high school ranking. Former No. 1 South Pittsburg jumped the Wildcats this week. ...Clint Butler continues to lead the Wildcats with 825 rushing yards. Austin Rice has 614 yards. Both players have 13 touchdowns. ...As a team, Richland has scored 15 touchdowns this season. ...Richland's only win was 30-8 against Riverside Christian. ...The Raiders have allowed 41 or more points in each loss."

A.Rice, C.Butler,H.Skelton, and P.Mathis are they main ones that get noticed and they are good. Although, the 2 players that I think really go unnoticed are N.Horton and B.Ray. They both do a really good job at MLB and Nick has been runnin good lately and Boston is a beast on the line. I agree that the line has done a really good job this year...unsung heroes.

WC is definatly loaded with great athletes but I think its everybody playing as a team and not being selfish that has got them to where they are. When you see a QB 15 or20 yards down the field with lots of running room pitch the ball to a running back so he can score instead it says alot about how tight this group really is.

WC is definatly loaded with great athletes but I think its everybody playing as a team and not being selfish that has got them to where they are. When you see a QB 15 or20 yards down the field with lots of running room pitch the ball to a running back so he can score instead it says alot about how tight this group really is.

You got that right....well spoken!! 2 thumbs up... :thumb: :thumb:

Let's through out some more names that don't get mentioned. Big Daniel Rumbough #55 DT/OT can kill people, Big Andrew Compton #63 at DE, Dakota Willis #75 is a man on the o-line & d-line (player of the week last week), Sheyenne Reeves #69 (All State OT last year & preseason All State this year) and plugs up the middle at DT and can't forget center Logan Self #73 it starts with him. Good blocking TE that will lay a big lick #30 Nate Powell, #14 Jacob Ray and OLB #20 Zac Clayton (recent player of the week). Micah Pyle at S & RB has had a good season as well. Eric Garland at DE as been a starter on defense since his sophmore year and all region then as well. All seniors and have played together for about 13 years and it is showing now. A good team with no super stars and all playing together. The only thing that could be better is a great finish now.

Let's through out some more names that don't get mentioned. Big Daniel Rumbough #55 DT/OT can kill people, Big Andrew Compton #63 at DE, Dakota Willis #75 is a man on the o-line & d-line (player of the week last week), Sheyenne Reeves #69 (All State OT last year & preseason All State this year) and plugs up the middle at DT and can't forget center Logan Self #73 it starts with him. Good blocking TE that will lay a big lick #30 Nate Powell, #14 Jacob Ray and OLB #20 Zac Clayton (recent player of the week). Micah Pyle at S & RB has had a good season as well. Eric Garland at DE as been a starter on defense since his sophmore year and all region then as well. All seniors and have played together for about 13 years and it is showing now. A good team with no super stars and all playing together. The only thing that could be better is a great finish now.

I agree 100%, and another thing is that you can start to see alot of it carrying over to our younger bunch, they are finally getting a good taste of what it takes to win.

I agree 100%, and another thing is that you can start to see alot of it carrying over to our younger bunch, they are finally getting a good taste of what it takes to win.

Go Cats!!! :thumb: :thumb: