Lake Co at Humboldt

mrbigster

Lake Co will travel to Humboldt to play the top seeded Vikings.Top seeded for now..lol.Neither teams can afford turnovers.Humboldt has been winning because of it's defense.Lake Co has been winning because of it's offense.The Vikings only allowed 10 points to Milan but 14 to Trenton.The Vikings seem to be able to stop the run but can they stop the pass?Just a reminder.Humboldt beat Union City when the Tornado quarterback was out.Union City is a different team with him on the field.The Twisters beat Trenton and probably thought Lake Co was going to be a win but some of them will admit that Lake Co has fire power and quick strike ability.As long as Lake Co doesn't turn the ball over,I think Lake Co has a great chance..Fifuerd I'd start this one early since Trenton didn't want to post before playing hte Vikings...lol

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lake Co will travel to Humboldt to play the top seeded Vikings.Top seeded for now..lol.Neither teams can afford turnovers.Humboldt has been winning because of it's defense.Lake Co has been winning because of it's offense.The Vikings only allowed 10 points to Milan but 14 to Trenton.The Vikings seem to be able to stop the run but can they stop the pass?Just a reminder.Humboldt beat Union City when the Tornado quarterback was out.Union City is a different team with him on the field.The Twisters beat Trenton and probably thought Lake Co was going to be a win but some of them will admit that Lake Co has fire power and quick strike ability.As long as Lake Co doesn't turn the ball over,I think Lake Co has a great chance..Fifuerd I'd start this one early since Trenton didn't want to post before playing hte Vikings...lol

Humboldt hasn't played UC yet. Can LC keep those LB's off the QB's chest. Humboldt will be much prepared for Lake Co. Don't think LC can stop Humboldts run nor passing game. This Humboldt team is a much more physical team than the teams of the past. We've had more people to touch the ball in a game this year than we had all season last year. Bigster be prepared for a let down, Humboldt is on a roll and planning to roll right over Lake County.

Humboldt hasn't played UC yet. Can LC keep those LB's off the QB's chest. Humboldt will be much prepared for Lake Co. Don't think LC can stop Humboldts run nor passing game. This Humboldt team is a much more physical team than the teams of the past. We've had more people to touch the ball in a game this year than we had all season last year. Bigster be prepared for a let down, Humboldt is on a roll and planning to roll right over Lake County.

Sorry about that.I was thinking that yall had already played but now remember someone sayin when we played that Union City needed this game,didn't think they would beat Humboldt.So also disregard my post about the seedings.Because even if Lake Co were to lose then the Vikings could beat Union City and still help us out. So now I guess in case that Lake Co does lose to Humboldt,need to pull for Union city to beat South Fulton.Then you'd have a tei with Trenton,Union City and Lake Co and Lake Co should win out.If Union City loses to South Fulton and then to Humboldt that would put Trenton and Lake Co in a tie and Trento would win.That's if I have it figured right now.Anyway.The Falcons just need to win and let things take care of themselves.Thought I'd get the post going with you,Zebra and others coming on.Can't get much out of the Trenton folks.Think I'll sit back and read and if it's not lively enough,talk a little trash...lol

Edited by mrbigster

Now we talking.The Falcons have been preparing for this game.The Vikings are going to see a very tough defense.The Falcons have been holding back.Going to unleash a lot of fury this week.Don't think Humboldt will pass on Lake Co.I'm not convinced that the quarterback is really ready or been tested as a passer.Maybe have been having him pass lately against Greenfield but Lake Co has guys like Devon Jones,Ricky Boyd and all stste receiver Rafael Tyler roaming in the secondary.Don't throw an errant or wobbly pass or any of those 3 can and will take it to the house.Differernt kind of backs the Vikings are going to play against.These boys are use to running and catching the ball on offense unlike a lot of other players that just may play defense.

Here's my theory.Union City and South Fulton have those bruisers that just pound and pound.Maybe the Vikings do as well.I do know they have some speedsters like Brooks.So I'm thinking that Lake Co can plug up the middle and with Devon Jones,Ricky Boyd and Rafael,not let Brooks and the others turn the corners.So I'm hoping the matchups play into this game.

Edited by mrbigster

Bigster, im not real sure of the stats but we threw all over yall last night. Hawks burnt Tyler on quite of few plays. LC's defense is somewhat solid. You can throw on them though. LC turns the ball over alot. Gave it to us twice inside thier 20 but our boneheaded penalties backed us up to where we couldnt convert.

Humboldt comes in with a pretty solid defense. They as well as Lake Co are also full of athletes. HBT wins by 14 points. Sorry bigster.

Bigster, im not real sure of the stats but we threw all over yall last night. Hawks burnt Tyler on quite of few plays. LC's defense is somewhat solid. You can throw on them though. LC turns the ball over alot. Gave it to us twice inside thier 20 but our boneheaded penalties backed us up to where we couldnt convert.

Humboldt comes in with a pretty solid defense. They as well as Lake Co are also full of athletes. HBT wins by 14 points. Sorry bigster.

Lake Co has been burned more on the pass play than I think they should especially with Tyler back there.Also i think they are hurting at safety as well.Once teams get into the secondary,the safety just doent have the speed or seem to know how to get the angles.Seems like he is content to trying to catch up and it doesnt work.I like Devon back there in case a team gets by but I guess Coach wants Devon and Ricky on the corners to try to stop teams from getting outside.In Rafael's case I think it's like I said in the UC thread.He seems to not run all out while guarding someone,probably thinking he can slack off his man and let the others teams think the receiver is open and think he can make up the ground or pick off the pass .But I have also seen himget beat or if a quarterback did make a good pass,he would have been beaten.Looks like he would tighten things up.Would rather have a pass fall incomplete every time or knock the ball down or still get a pick instead of having a chance at a big play.But I havent seen the Viking quarterback throw the ball.Can he throw as well as your quarterback?Does he have zip on the ball or a little air on his passes?Like you said ,both teams have athletes.I'm sure you saw the speed of Boyd and Jones at times last night.Athletes on athletes.I'm with you.Lake Co isnt as bad at the middle of the line as some thinks.Lake Co has gotten into a lot of the trouble by turning the ball over and putting the defense in some bad situations.Keeps the defense on the field too much sometimes and these boys go both ways.Stop the penalties and turnovers and Lake Co will make it a game. I like you picking the Vikings in an upset...lol..

Edited by mrbigster

SF had around 250 yards passing but alot of that was the QB extending the play. A DB can not cover 7 or 8 seconds without someone getting open. SF could not run the ball against LC. LC needs to limit the turnovers if they want to stay in the game with Humbolt. LC rushed for 406 yards last night and if it was not for the turnovers the game would not have been as close as it was. The LC-Humbolt game will be closer than most think.

SF had around 250 yards passing but alot of that was the QB extending the play. A DB can not cover 7 or 8 seconds without someone getting open. SF could not run the ball against LC. LC needs to limit the turnovers if they want to stay in the game with Humbolt. LC rushed for 406 yards last night and if it was not for the turnovers the game would not have been as close as it was. The LC-Humbolt game will be closer than most think.

I wasn't there last night but do remember the quarterback from last year .A very good athlete.Like you said.Has the wheels to make plays.Havent seen if the Vikings quarterback is like that.I'd be willing to bet he is a speedster and compliments the others in the running game.I'm thinking Lake Co is going to see if he has the arm.Like you said.The Lake co defense isnt as bad as a lot of people are thinking because of the high scores.Take away the turnovers in some of the games and nowhere near as bad as some think.I'm thinking it's going to be a close game if Lake Co doesnt turn the ball over .Speed against speed .We'll see if Lake Co comes to play.

Edited by mrbigster