Lake Co at Humboldt

mrbigster

The Hyde kid no doubt is tough and he is darn good. UC does not have the depth and the backs Humboldt can run in and out. Humboldt is rich in backs and Friday night Humboldt will use 6 to 7 backs. Like i posted LC has athletes as well. But depth will be a factor Friday night. Humboldt's Oline with all the fresh backs they can throw at u it will be hard for LC not to get wore down. Humboldt D has not give up more 14 all year. Not saying LC won't score more than two but they will hard pressed to do so. Humboldt has finally got a good head man in Dan Bland who has put an good coaching staff togather that is the difference in Humboldt. Injuries hurt Humboldt in the South Fulton game coming off the lost with Milan which had 75 varsity player. They had maybe 3 to 4 players going both ways! In the Mckenzie game Humboldt did not play well and lucky to win that one. THe D came up with a big play and D wins games. Let me say this Humboldt goes to 2a during the playoffs. But right now they have the enrollment of a one a school. After next season Humboldt will go to 1a and that will spell trouble for 1a. They have a kid number 42 just a freshman the Watson kid that baring no injuries could be another Kelsey Williams. The kid is that good! As long as Humboldt as good coaching they will win. Because every year Humboldt just replaces athletes with athletes. Watson played a bunch Friday against the Tide Wedley got alot rest and will be fresh Friday night. LC better come to play if not it could be a long night for the Falcons! Will be bad later in the week to give my prediction!

Just trying to stir the pot and a little excitement for the game.We both know that the players are the ones that are going to determine the outcome.I know Humboldt is the real deal by looking at the scores and the teams they have played..lolAs for dropping to 1A,we are playing Humboldt already anyway and have held our own in both football and basketball.Haven't won in football but have played a lot closer than most true Single A teams according to enrollment.Af for spelling trouble,Union city a very good middle school team and the Hyde kid is just a junior.And I believe the stud at the middle school is his brother .Many think he may be the better of the two.Lake Co also had a stud at the middle school last year in the Caldwell kid.and the Flowers kid from the year before is a sophomore.He went to Dyer Co but is now back so he'll become eligible aftre the 4th game next year,.So both those players have 2 and 3 more years which means the future is very bright at Lake Co as well.Plus starting running back Devon Jones,the running back Wardawg talked about above rushing for 152 yards and 2 touchdowns and has started the past 2 years will be back next year also,

Edited by mrbigster

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, this thread is about Humboldt stomping all over Lake County isn't it? :mrgreen:

I don't recall anyone saying that.But I am confident if Lake Co doesnt turn the ball over.

Seem to me I saw that if Lake Co is what I say they are ,the Vikings are said to win by 2 touchdowns.and if Lake Co isnt what I say they are ,then the score is suppose to be 42-7.So it looks like the Vikings are saying they are going to do the stomping.Even if LC plays great,still suppose to get beat ny 14 points.Trenton must have played great as I think it was a pretty close game till the end of the game.Or at least within a couple touchdowns.Seems like I read Humboldt scored late.If Lake Co doesnt fumble and have stupid penalties,I'm thinking a very close game .

Edited by mrbigster

I will have to agree with u about the Vikings having trouble stopping the pass. But the funny about it seems only to happen in the first half. It seems Bland makes all the right ajustments at half and Humboldt shuts down the pass in the second half. But i also agree there will be athletes all over the field Friday night! No harm meant to the Falcon nation but i can't see LC playing four quarters with Humboldt. The first half will be close Humboldt will control the tempo by running the ball. I don't think LC can stop the number of backs the Vikings can throw at them. The Vikings have a little more depth than LC and that will be the difference in the game. Humboldt's d is very solid and Falcons qb will be running for his life all night. Humboldt's passing has improved greatly in the last few weeks! But the last two years this game as been close only 9 points between the two. This Humboldt team is much better than the past two years. Good luck to both but i will have to go with Vikings in this one!

Zebra,

Its been the late second half scores that have happened with the pass.. South Fulton.... Mckenzie... Trenton is the only one that scored on two first half passes due to a DB going for the pick and blown coverage. We just ran over Trenton's O Line in the second half and gave him no time to throw.

I don't recall anyone saying that.But I am confident if Lake Co doesnt turn the ball over.

Seem to me I saw that if Lake Co is what I say they are ,the Vikings are said to win by 2 touchdowns.and if Lake Co isnt what I say they are ,then the score is suppose to be 42-7.So it looks like the Vikings are saying they are going to do the stomping.Even if LC plays great,still suppose to get beat ny 14 points.Trenton must have played great as I think it was a pretty close game till the end of the game.Or at least within a couple touchdowns.Seems like I read Humboldt scored late.If Lake Co doesnt fumble and have stupid penalties,I'm thinking a very close game .

Bigster.. I will tell you the truth about this team from Humboldt. They are very good. point blank. We have a few mental errors thorughout the game as do all teams.

the biggest killer for humboldt this week is being off from school all week for fall break. I am hoping the coaches will keep them focused this week.

we will talk about Humboldt's O first. Speed is the key word as it has been with Humboldt for quite sometime now. We have a couple youg offensive lineman that are getting better as the season goes. Our running game is where its at no doubt. we have three guys that are quick, two guys that will flaten you, and then a couple guys that you'l try and touch but they make it near impossible with all their moves.

Our passing game is improving each week. It took the Halls and the Greenfields to get the confidence but the young qb is looking pretty good now. still alot to learn, but definitely improving.

I will say that everyone has stacked 9 or 10 and one team had 11 in the box against us to stop the run, but i wouldnt advise it now. We are much more confisent in our passing game now and i look for us to throw it more. we have three tremendous recievers and two tight ends who can catch the ball. I look for Humboldt to play well this week.

Humboldt's D is easy to expalain. PHYSICAL!!! two senior linebackers who are trying to take someone's head off each time the ball is snapped. If i heard right, humboldt has the most forced turnovers in our district. I hope that we do not have mental breakdowns in coveragae this week because i truly think that will beat us against a team like lake county. our run defense is awesome. the pass is where i get scared.

as far as all this butt whooping and Humboldt winning big, I say we wait til friday and let the kids play for the outcome. they will prove themselves much more than we ever could talk on here.

Good Luck to both teams and I pray that both teams are free from injury.

GO VIKINGS!!!!

Zebra,

Its been the late second half scores that have happened with the pass.. South Fulton.... Mckenzie... Trenton is the only one that scored on two first half passes due to a DB going for the pick and blown coverage. We just ran over Trenton's O Line in the second half and gave him no time to throw.

Thats true it matters not the secondary will have to step it up. Peabody had two easy td passes in the first half. Humboldt can not let that happen Friday night! The Vikes can't blown any coverage. But Bland and his coaching should have the Vikes ready come Friday!

Myself i expect for the Falcons to bring their A game! Looking forward to this one it should be a dandy! I have something come up i have got to do some grand kids sitting. I got 7 grand kids and 5 under the age of 12. So Bigster i will give my prediction now Humboldt 28-7. Humboldt's depth will win this game it will be close for 2 quarters but Humboldt will pull away in the second half! Hope for a good and injury free and for the Falcon faithfull to have a safe to Humboldt and back home!

Myself i expect for the Falcons to bring their A game! Looking forward to this one it should be a dandy! I have something come up i have got to do some grand kids sitting. I got 7 grand kids and 5 under the age of 12. So Bigster i will give my prediction now Humboldt 28-7. Humboldt's depth will win this game it will be close for 2 quarters but Humboldt will pull away in the second half! Hope for a good and injury free and for the Falcon faithfull to have a safe to Humboldt and back home!

Zebra.How is that going to be the score when Lake Co is going to score 28 points.

Bigster.. I will tell you the truth about this team from Humboldt. They are very good. point blank. We have a few mental errors thorughout the game as do all teams.

the biggest killer for humboldt this week is being off from school all week for fall break. I am hoping the coaches will keep them focused this week.

we will talk about Humboldt's O first. Speed is the key word as it has been with Humboldt for quite sometime now. We have a couple youg offensive lineman that are getting better as the season goes. Our running game is where its at no doubt. we have three guys that are quick, two guys that will flaten you, and then a couple guys that you'l try and touch but they make it near impossible with all their moves.

Our passing game is improving each week. It took the Halls and the Greenfields to get the confidence but the young qb is looking pretty good now. still alot to learn, but definitely improving.

I will say that everyone has stacked 9 or 10 and one team had 11 in the box against us to stop the run, but i wouldnt advise it now. We are much more confisent in our passing game now and i look for us to throw it more. we have three tremendous recievers and two tight ends who can catch the ball. I look for Humboldt to play well this week.

Humboldt's D is easy to expalain. PHYSICAL!!! two senior linebackers who are trying to take someone's head off each time the ball is snapped. If i heard right, humboldt has the most forced turnovers in our district. I hope that we do not have mental breakdowns in coveragae this week because i truly think that will beat us against a team like lake county. our run defense is awesome. the pass is where i get scared.

as far as all this butt whooping and Humboldt winning big, I say we wait til friday and let the kids play for the outcome. they will prove themselves much more than we ever could talk on here.

Good Luck to both teams and I pray that both teams are free from injury.

GO VIKINGS!!!!

I read all that and I thought you were talking about Lake Co all that time.