Lake Co at Humboldt

mrbigster

Has anyone thought about how the weather might affect the game? It is supposed to be very cold. Any thoughts?

Yes.I worry about that.And hope it's not raining also.I think if it's cold,could affect some players. I hope for at least something in the high 60's.May not throw as well either.Some players don't want to take their hands from out under their jerseys trying to stay warm.The physical play of Humboldt may come into play more if it's pretty cold.Lake Co is more of a finess team.But I been praying.I think someone may be listening and keep things warm just for one night.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I read all that and I thought you were talking about Lake Co all that time.

I am thinking that this will be a very physical game and a very memorable game. I am hoping that the weather will be good for both teams. I dont wont any excuses in this game. both teams playing to their fullest potential and winner taking all.

I think that Humboldt will pull away with a Win, but i dont think that it will be easy. I am looking for intensity to be the key factor in this one. Whoever wants it more. I really dont know how to predict this one... this year, when Humboldt has jumped out early with a big lead, it has not looked good the rest of the game, until trenton last friday.. after trenton scored there two touchdowns in the first half, Humboldt came out a dominated on D. last year, Humboldt jumped out early with a 21-0 lead on Lake Co and had to convert on a two point conversion to win in overtime So i dont know how to go with this one as far as predicting this game.

we shall see...

GO VIKINGS!!!!

Well about the weather, both teams have to play in it. If it rains on us it'll rain on them. If it snows on us it'll snow on them. <_<

Now here's the difference - Humboldt's got fire burning in their veins. :roflol:

So Humboldt's prepared to cause some flames.

You're right ,it will be the same for both teams but Lake Co doesn't have any eskimo's.I'd like a team's chances from Alaska more than I'd like ours in snow.Or I'd like to think Buffalo,Green Bay or the New England Patriots would be favored a few more points over Miami in cold,snowy weather.Now I know your reply is that Lake Co isn't in Miami and that we are both from West Tenn.But the thing is Lake Co is prone to fumbling.I'd think rain and snow would make it even worse.And our quarterback may not grip the ball as well on a cold ,rainy day.Which wouldn't affect a team like Humboldt as muchbecause they more than likely arent going to throw as much .So I think the bad weather would favor Humboldt even though we both have to play in it.

You're right ,it will be the same for both teams but Lake Co doesn't have any eskimo's.I'd like a team's chances from Alaska more than I'd like ours in snow.Or I'd like to think Buffalo,Green Bay or the New England Patriots would be favored a few more points over Miami in cold,snowy weather.Now I know your reply is that Lake Co isn't in Miami and that we are both from West Tenn.But the thing is Lake Co is prone to fumbling.I'd think rain and snow would make it even worse.And our quarterback may not grip the ball as well on a cold ,rainy day.Which wouldn't affect a team like Humboldt as muchbecause they more than likely arent going to throw as much .So I think the bad weather would favor Humboldt even though we both have to play in it.

So how many points you think Humboldt going to win by - :roflolk:

09Viking, I will disagree with you slightly, but overall agree. The key to the Trenton win was the opening third quarter drive by Humboldt that led to a score. That set the tone for the rest of the game, and really, I think Trenton was deflated after that. No doubt the D dominated, but so did the O. Our O line dominated in the 2nd half, and games are won or lost on the line of scrimmage. The first half the O line did pretty well, with a few series that wasn't so great, but overall the O line played well. The two fumbles came after yards were gained. Moody's fumble came after a 7 yard gain, and Wilson's fumble came after a 30 yard game. So the 1st half we were shooting ourselves in the foot, and gave up two long passes, which didn't happen again in the 2nd half. Those are my thoughts on the Trenton game.

Now, for Lake County. Line of scrimmage is still key, and LC likes to pass, so our secondary has to play its best ball of the season. They are capable, but they must execute. Humboldt is capable of winning, but hey can't make mistakes, and they have to bring it for 4 quarters.

Weather forecast says cold. Certainly the coldest game of the year. Kids have to let this be a nonfactor too.

Here's hoping for a injury-free game.

09Viking, I will disagree with you slightly, but overall agree. The key to the Trenton win was the opening third quarter drive by Humboldt that led to a score. That set the tone for the rest of the game, and really, I think Trenton was deflated after that. No doubt the D dominated, but so did the O. Our O line dominated in the 2nd half, and games are won or lost on the line of scrimmage. The first half the O line did pretty well, with a few series that wasn't so great, but overall the O line played well. The two fumbles came after yards were gained. Moody's fumble came after a 7 yard gain, and Wilson's fumble came after a 30 yard game. So the 1st half we were shooting ourselves in the foot, and gave up two long passes, which didn't happen again in the 2nd half. Those are my thoughts on the Trenton game.

Now, for Lake County. Line of scrimmage is still key, and LC likes to pass, so our secondary has to play its best ball of the season. They are capable, but they must execute. Humboldt is capable of winning, but hey can't make mistakes, and they have to bring it for 4 quarters.

Weather forecast says cold. Certainly the coldest game of the year. Kids have to let this be a nonfactor too.

Here's hoping for a injury-free game.

my friend,

I agree with you that the game is keyed up front with the line, but it also is keyed on who is better prepared for the other team. If Lake Co stops our run, we might be in trouble, but i expect the coaching staff to have our QB ready to throw the ball around with success. I just hope that our boys show up to play Friday and if I know Coach Bland like I think that I do, the boys will be hyped for this one.

GO VIKINGS!

my friend,

I agree with you that the game is keyed up front with the line, but it also is keyed on who is better prepared for the other team. If Lake Co stops our run, we might be in trouble, but i expect the coaching staff to have our QB ready to throw the ball around with success. I just hope that our boys show up to play Friday and if I know Coach Bland like I think that I do, the boys will be hyped for this one.

GO VIKINGS!

Humbolt will be ready for this game just as the falcons will be. The team that executes the best will win.