Lake Co at Humboldt

mrbigster

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow! What a game tonight!! If you had told me that Humboldt wouldn't complete a pass, and still win 35 to 7, I would have said you were crazy. The Humboldt O-line and backs, especially Wedley and Moody, were outstanding. The big D came to play, too! It was an overall team effort with both sides of the ball taking care of business. So proud of the Vikings tonight! We overcame the two fumbles and beat a very good Lake County team.

Good luck to Lake County the rest of the way out and in the playoffs! Ya'll should do big things.

We aren't quite district champs yet. We have to beat Union City next week!

Go Vikings!!!

Wow! What a game tonight!! If you had told me that Humboldt wouldn't complete a pass, and still win 35 to 7, I would have said you were crazy. The Humboldt O-line and backs, especially Wedley and Moody, were outstanding. The big D came to play, too! It was an overall team effort with both sides of the ball taking care of business. So proud of the Vikings tonight! We overcame the two fumbles and beat a very good Lake County team.

Good luck to Lake County the rest of the way out and in the playoffs! Ya'll should do big things.

We aren't quite district champs yet. We have to beat Union City next week!

Go Vikings!!!

You said the key stat of the night. Humbolt overcome the two fumbles and the falcons could not overcome their 5 turnovers. The key series in the game was Humbolt goal line stand late in 3rd Qtr. Humbolt has a fine football team and should do well in the playoff's. The falcons must quit turning over the ball if they want to advance in the playoff's. A positive note for the falcons was they were able to move the ball against a very solid defense. Good luck to Humbolt the rest of the year.

You said the key stat of the night. Humbolt overcome the two fumbles and the falcons could not overcome their 5 turnovers. The key series in the game was Humbolt goal line stand late in 3rd Qtr. Humbolt has a fine football team and should do well in the playoff's. The falcons must quit turning over the ball if they want to advance in the playoff's. A positive note for the falcons was they were able to move the ball against a very solid defense. Good luck to Humbolt the rest of the year.

Way to go Humboldt.

Looking forward to see how Bigster evaluates this game.

Congrats to the Vikings.Made a lot of big plays defensively and on those same plays took it to the house.I think Lake Co punted only once or twice.The Falcons moved the ball but only the turnovers stopped them.In the first half,Lake Co was moving the ball,believe was around the 25 to 30 yard line.Had a first down,was running the nball fairly well and then threw a pass that Humbolt took back for a long gainer.Wedley just was tearing the middle of the line up.But again,down 21-0 and Lake Co scores with about 20 seconds left in the half to pull within 21-7.then at the start of the 3rd quarter,Humboldt was moving the ball down the field but fumbled around the 30 yard line.Lake Co went on a drive and the Vikings were called for a pass interference.Lake Co had the ball with a first down and around the 4 yard line.Lake Co got very close to the goal line on 2nd down,I thought they had scored but I was in the stands.Was about a foot away.Quarterback sneak on 3rd down for no gain.The next play I thought was the key to the game or at least the score.Instead of another quarterback sneak,Lake Co elected to go with a running back 3 yards from the center instead of being under the center.Three yards is a lot harder to get than a foot.Humboldt held and then picked up a first down on about the 13 yard line.Then on about the next play,the Vikings ran one from scrimmage for about an 80 yard touchdown..Instead of being 21-14 it was now 28-7.Then with about 5 minutes left to play,Lake Co was having to throw,Made a key 1st down pass past midfield on about a 4th and 13.Was moving the ball when Lake Co passed again and the ball went over the head of the receiver to a Humboldt defensive back and he returned it about 50 yards or so for the score.Turnovers were the key to this game.Was a lot closer game than what the scoreboard showed.Lake Co moved the ball.Only punted once or twice.Herad several after the game that they thought Union city would pretty well be a given,Union city in my opinion will move the ball against the Vikings.A lot of big plays from the Vikings side.I think they only sacked the quarterback once or twice.I think the ball just sailed on our quarterback a few times.But he did throw some pretty passes also.Plus several times,the Falcon receivers dropped some well thrown balls.On defense ,just gave up too many long runs......On anthr note:When things dont go good ,Lake Co has a couple players that are hot heads.Coach Ross spends more time baby sitting one or two of them on the sidelines after maybe a bad play or Lake Co fumbles or throws an interception.Threw his helmet once on the sideline and I heard a parent of another Falcon player holler out,Let him throw his helmet,quit baby sitting.And after the game ,about 5 Lake Co students were leaving with about 5 minutes left and Humboldt had intercepted and as we were walking out around the track of the end zone,these students looked at this player and asked what happened?His reply was.We got this slow #### white boy as a quarterback.He didnt realize had he made some tackles,then just maybe Humboldt wouldnt have went 80 yards for a touchdown.No player is too good for the team.Wasn't going to post this and instead just tell Coach B but a couple more parents heard it also.Quit baby sitting like he is a star.That's my take.Congrats to Humboldt.

Edited by mrbigster

Also, the Vikes only attempted two passes but really didn't have to pass because LC couldn't stop the run consistence basis. The Vikes probably had over three hundred yards rushing & utilizing multiple backs but need to pass atleast ten times I'n a game just my opinion. Bigster maybe LC could have scored another TD but the Vikes are still 14 points better than LC, you must admit! On the pass plays are player was wide open on the bomb but was just a little to long. The sophomore QB has a arm and will get better over the years!

Anyway.Congrats to the Vikings.Yall have a fine team.Several good backs and the quarterback picked up a key couple first downs with his legs.Just think if not for the turnovers,and it's a part of football but maybe on a 70 degree night,those passes dont sail or maybe some of them are caught.Could have been a lot closer game on the scoreboard.

I can't recall which NFL game I was watching but the commentator made a statement about a team that was guaranteed to win. He said “the only way the game would be close was if this team elected to throwâ€. In other words – their running game could control the game, prevent turnovers and was unstoppable. The only way they would turn the ball over was to attempt to past it. They would turn it over on downs or by interceptions. I feel this in Humboldt’s case; don’t throw it unless it’s totally necessary. I think we attempted 2 passes but only threw the ball once, the other the QB scampered for the first down. Still doesn’t mean that we cannot pass. Now I may have missed something because the game was so exciting.

I did see some awful sportsmanship on LC even before the game ever started. Dancing on the 50, or on our “H†and spitting on it. Totally uncaused for – so I feel you on the negative remarks against a teammate and see how it can happen. That slow A- kept the nice passes going, so pay that no attention and I hope he doesn’t either. He was a pretty darn good QB I must say. Yes I saw passes hit players in the numbers and I thought “they can pass but dang they can’t catch†Now I loved the slant to the TE, I was waiting on Humboldt to get a good hit on him, but it never happened they just started defending it. Now passing at will is ok, but you still have to cross the goal line and that just wasn’t happening against that D.

Now back to the game: I didn’t call names before the game but I will now. Bigster you spoke of Brooks before the game, but what you didn’t know was you saw two of the fastest players on our team score: 1 was Mclilly on the double reverse and the other being McCorry on the pick-6. These two fellows ran on our track team which placed 3rd in the state last year. Now Wedley, he’s that beast I spoke of earlier and I think you will agree – he’s a beast, CC Moody he just does his thing whatever, wherever and whenever asked.

Good game Humboldt, and we can pass – We just haven’t had to. :thumb:

I agree, LC moved the ball with the passes but when the field shorten they couldn't score, don't understand why Humboldt DB's were 10 yards off the line giving up 10-15 yard pass plays! Yes, Humboldt must beat UC & don't know if they would be co-champs if UC wins! Bigster, hard hitting causes fumbles & pressure on QB causes bad passes & in the first quartet Vikes didn't even capitalize on the three fumbles which resulted I'n 0-0 first quarter score. The Vikes defense bent but didn't break, good luck to LC I'n playoffs but better team won, just sayin!