Hickman v.s East Hickman?

bulldogs09

Ive watched every Hickman game this season. Haven't seen an east hickman game yet. All I hear is about them losing, and their coach. How much talent does East have? What's their highlights of the team? Hickman has put a hard fight into every team they have played this year. A lot of penalties and fundamental mistakes cost them a few games. With a record of 3-5 they could very well end at 5-5. Not bad for the Coach's first year here. He knows his great year will be next season when all of his star players are Seniors and Juniors instead of Juniors and Sophomores like this season. With a starting Sophomore QB, an ALL-State Junior RB, a head hunter senior Mike LB, and a Junior WR who has pulled down some amazing catches this year, I dont think this will be much of a game. Hickman should outscore them by at least 3 touchdowns, as long as they come with their A game like they did 2nd half of Page last night. But who knows no matter how bad East may be they always bring their A game against Hickman. What does everyone think? Will it be much of a game or will Hickman lay it to them first half and end it quick?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think this will be much of a game this year or any other year in the near future, most years I'd guess it will determine the difference between last and next to last in 12AA.

This is a big game for Hickman Co. With their upset at Page they have a great shot of getting to 5-5 which basically will get them in the TSSAA playoffs. If they beat East Hickman and Waverly they are in.

This should be a very competitive game due to what it means to both communities.

This is a big game for Hickman Co. With their upset at Page they have a great shot of getting to 5-5 which basically will get them in the TSSAA playoffs. If they beat East Hickman and Waverly they are in.

This should be a very competitive game due to what it means to both communities.

I forgot about Summitt too. It will take them a few years to be relevant. I don't see 5 teams from 12 AA this year. FV, MC, GC and LC. Page and Hc will Just miss I think.

As of this week in Class 3A there will be 1 team with a 3-5 record that will "currently" be in the TSSAA state playoffs. The 3-5 teams fighting for that spot are:

Tyner: remaining games are Red Bank & Howard

Loudon: remaining games are Sequoyah & Kingston

Stewart County: remaining games are Camden & Montgomery Central

Waverly: remaining games are Harpeth & Hickman County

Hickman County: remaining games are East Hickman & Waverly

Teams 26-31 in Class 3A all have records of 4-4. They are as follows:

Gatlinburg-Pittman: remaining games are Carter & Pigeon Forge

Happy Valley: remaining games are Hampton & Johnson County

South Greene: remaining games are Claiborne County & Chuckey-Doak

Meigs County: remaining games are Tellico Plains & Polk County

Grundy County: remaining games are Grace Baptist & Notre Dame

Westview: remaining games are Gibson County & South Gibson

I look for Hickman County to win out, be destined for Q4 (which would ultimately push both Cheatham County & Harpeth to Q3), and to travel to Fairview or Milan to open the TSSAA State Playoffs.

Also ksgovols I expect Cheatham County & Harpeth to be matched up with 2 of the 3 teams out of Nashville (CPA, Goodpasture, and/or Pearl-Cohn) in the opening round of the TSSAA State Playoffs.

In that case top 3 will be, Fairview, Giles, and HC. Which means, you guys will have to beat Marshall.

No doubt in my mind their team next year can beat Marshall, and possibly even Giles. Heck, this year HC kept within a touchdown of Giles all the way up into the 3rd quarter. And with them losing very few seniors, and rumors of an old QB/WR coming back to play with a lot of talent, HC will have a great season. A lot changes during the Off Season. We'll just have to see how it all unfolds. Regardless our division will be tough and stacked with a lot of teams doing good.

As much as I want to see East pull a win here. I just dont see it happening this year.Centerville is getting better each game. With all the turmoil going on at East I dont see things getting better until some changes are made. For the ones wondering there has been petitions placed at all the markets/gas stations/stores in East Hickman seeking the replacement of Coach King. For the ones on here saying its a few disgruntled parents pushing it, you are dead wrong,I dont like the Coach at all, I think he has no buisness coaching a High School Football team but that is strictly my opinion. I was actually shocked to see the petitions and they were ALL signed with extra pages added . I guess the ones on here who had concerns including myself are not the only ones. This will be a big distraction for East Hickman, and it will complicate things in thier loss to Centerville. This night will be a very interesting night to say the least.