Roland Genesy/Millington

dou

And the point of this thread was to campaign for him.... We been knowing his capability, but a few people got on here and doubted that he wasn't one of the top backs in the city... So now that all the naysayers believe us now about how talented he is or how he's been Player of the Week 2 out of the last 3 weeks(which it should of been 3 out of 3) in the Commercial Appeal... But you may be right, 2000 does look a lot better than 1700.... But 13 touchdowns in 3 games is also a pretty good stat-line as well!!!

Also ... look at what we are talking about ... the difference is 300 yards. Heck, if he had been left in the game for another quarter or even half quarter throughout the season ... he could have ammassed those 300 yards and more ... easily ... and we aren't talking running up the score per se'. Just think if he would have gathered 50 more yards per game leading up to the last couple of games a season. It really doesn't take all that much to acheive the stats if it is spread out over time. You would be surprised how much better his stats would be if he had been allowed to gather just 50 more yards per game or something like that. Over time, it would add up. The next thing you know, Mr. Genesy has 2,000 yards.

You can go back and look at one of my early threads I was the first person to say numbers dnt lie.... But to run up scores or stats takes the intergrity of your program away... And once you get that jacket, it's hard to take it off!!!

Leaving players in the game to pad their stats so that it (their stats) will peak the interest of college recruiters does not remove the integrity of your program in any shape or form. Example, you are beating Bolton pretty badly and the score is 42-0 at halftime. Mr. Genesy has 150 yards on the night. You could sit him. Or, you could leave him in until he gets 100 more yards. Then sit him. What? Your integrity is now in question because you wanted him to get 250 yards instead of 150? Please ... it's done all of the time. Those coaches who realize this do it. If done properly ... he would still be out of the game by mid way through the third quarter. If done properly, there wouldn't be a need to have to create a thread discussing Mr. Genesy's worthiness to be considered amoung the elite RB's in the Memphis area ... Heck ... in the entire State.

It is what it is!

Stats Matter!

Leaving players in the game to pad their stats so that it (their stats) will peak the interest of college recruiters does not remove the integrity of your program in any shape or form. Example, you are beating Bolton pretty badly and the score is 42-0 at halftime. Mr. Genesy has 150 yards on the night. You could sit him. Or, you could leave him in until he gets 100 more yards. Then sit him. What? Your integrity is now in question because you wanted him to get 250 yards instead of 150? Please ... it's done all of the time. Those coaches who realize this do it. If done properly ... he would still be out of the game by mid way through the third quarter. If done properly, there wouldn't be a need to have to create a thread discussing Mr. Genesy's worthiness to be considered amoung the elite RB's in the Memphis area ... Heck ... in the entire State.

It is what it is!

Stats Matter!

Stats do matter and he has them !!! 26 TDs 1700 yds all against 8 and 9 in the box. I started this thread because Roland was not getting any local media attention, Coaches already knew about him and colleges know about him. It was some on here that made this idea of him being one of the best in the state as being funny. Check the past three weeks. I have never taken away from a kid on here I do not know why some want to. I will say it is fun for us old guys to argue.

And the point of this thread was to campaign for him.... We been knowing his capability, but a few people got on here and doubted that he wasn't one of the top backs in the city... So now that all the naysayers believe us now about how talented he is or how he's been Player of the Week 2 out of the last 3 weeks(which it should of been 3 out of 3) in the Commercial Appeal... But you may be right, 2000 does look a lot better than 1700.... But 13 touchdowns in 3 games is also a pretty good stat-line as well!!!

Roland Genesy, Millington running back: Genesy, a 6-0, 215-pound senior, ran for five touchdowns and 193 yards to lead the Trojans to a 37-34 double overtime victory over Arlington on Friday. The win clinched the District 14-AAA title for Millington.

It is what it is!

Stats Matter!

But say if they are playing Bolton and up 42-0 and you leave your starters in and after a 25 yard run... Bolton "thinks" your trying to run the score up and the next play one of their players purposely hits your star running back in the knees and he tears his acl or mcl... You can't risk that... You dnt kno what a 15-18 year old kid will do and you dnt risk it because then it will lie completely on that head coaches shoulders!!!

BUT IM GLAD WE ARE HAVING THIS DISCUSSION CUZ THAT MEANS THAT ALOT OF OUR POINTS WE MADE ON THIS THREAD WERE TRUE..... HE IS ONE OF THE BEST BACKS IN MEMPHIS IF NOT THE BEST.... AND HE IS ALSO ONE OF THE BEST IN THE STATE..... "DOU" WE HAVE CONVINCED A COUPLE OF PEOPLE , NOW WE LOOKING FOR THE "WHITEHAVENSENATOR" TO COME BACK TO THE THREAD AND TELL US NOW THAT HES NOT ONE OF THE TOP RBS IN MEMPHIS!!!!

No way is he a top 5 running back in the area! He plays against the memphis school for the blind and picks up good numbers. Talk to me when he plays a real team and puts up big numbers. Just sayin

Here is the top 5 rbs in the area:

1. Brian Kimbrow

2. Shatavius Lowe

3. Sheldon Dawson

4. Jaylen Walton

5. Jovon Robinson

No way is he a top 5 running back in the area! He plays against the memphis school for the blind and picks up good numbers. Talk to me when he plays a real team and puts up big numbers. Just sayin

1. Brian Kimbrow

2. Shatavius Lowe

3. Sheldon Dawson

4. Jaylen Walton

5. Jovon Robinson

Here we go with a another non-believer... Again not taking anything away from any back on that list... But against Brighton he had over a 100 yards, #4 in the city... Against Craigmont he had 248 and 5 touchdowns and kimbrow played Craigmont and they lost and he didn't have nowhere near the same numbers and East lost... Against Arlington which was #3 in the city at the time... had 193 and 5 touchdowns... Now correct me if am I wrong but if a guy is #3 in the city in yards and #2 in the city in touchdowns you still dnt put him in the top 5??? For example let's take Wooddales schedule... Collierville, Houston, Overton, Kirby, Cordova... Out of those 5 teams he would of put up 150+.... In which he did vs Cordova and Kirby..... On Germantowns schedule 6 of those teams he would of had 150+... Ridgeways schedule he would have had 150+ on 5 of those teams... I guess this guy must didn't read the paper today... And Memphis school for the blind... Still dnt get why some people get on here and make comments to down a 17-18 year old... But I guess Craigmont, Arlington, and Brighton are now the Memphis school for the blind!!!

1. Brian Kimbrow

2. Shatavius Lowe

3. Sheldon Dawson

4. Jaylen Walton

5. Jovon Robinson

YOU ARE CLUELESS!

Ok.... Tell me who these guys listed above have played that is a "tuff" team? What were their numbers? How consistant are these guys? Why in your personal opinion are these guys the top five? You just saying it cause of what everyone else is saying? Have you seen all these guys play? Funny how like said before all the teams Millington plays stack the box and some how some way Roland puts up these numbers with a win.... with the exception of Brighton but he still put up 140-150 yards.

BUT IM GLAD WE ARE HAVING THIS DISCUSSION CUZ THAT MEANS THAT ALOT OF OUR POINTS WE MADE ON THIS THREAD WERE TRUE..... HE IS ONE OF THE BEST BACKS IN MEMPHIS IF NOT THE BEST.... AND HE IS ALSO ONE OF THE BEST IN THE STATE..... "DOU" WE HAVE CONVINCED A COUPLE OF PEOPLE , NOW WE LOOKING FOR THE "WHITEHAVENSENATOR" TO COME BACK TO THE THREAD AND TELL US NOW THAT HES NOT ONE OF THE TOP RBS IN MEMPHIS!!!!

Since u asked for it.... He is not a top 5 back in this area. U want to say if he played this schedule or that schedule he would of put up these type of numbers, I dare say if Mark Dodson played in Millington's offense u guys would be UNDEFEATED :roflol:

1. Brian Kimbrow

2. Shatavius Lowe

3. Sheldon Dawson

4. Jaylen Walton

5. Jovon Robinson

I agree that ALL 5 of these Backs have more TALENT than Genesy. I'd change the order but all these guys are top 5 not to mention Mark Dodson, lil Marcus Holiday and Jordan Wilkins. That's my story and I'm sticking to it!