Roland Genesy/Millington

dou

I agree that ALL 5 of these Backs have more TALENT than Genesy. I'd change the order but all these guys are top 5 not to mention Mark Dodson, lil Marcus Holiday and Jordan Wilkins. That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

Now it's the offense... What none of y'all realize is every time a team has game planned to stop Roland they have put nine in the box... I dnt think those other backs would fair so well with 9 in the box to stop them... And while y'all keep saying talent wise he's not a top 5 back in the city, I'll let the numbers argue with your opinion... Cuz your not #3 in the city in rushing or #2 in touchdowns for nothing... So stop putting these guys in this category that dnt have the same numbers... While you keep making opinions and running from the FACTS.... Imma stick with the numbers and the numbers dnt lie!!! So dnt put him in your top 5, and while you dnt he will continue to stay in the top 2 or 3 in stats!!!

Edited by GarciaD

I agree that ALL 5 of these Backs have more TALENT than Genesy. I'd change the order but all these guys are top 5 not to mention Mark Dodson, lil Marcus Holiday and Jordan Wilkins. That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

Will you explain why these guys are top 5? What makes these guys better than Genesy? Why does Genesy put of these numbers when playing just as good or better teams than the above? Explain ... They all run the football right? So what makes them different? Some may be alittle faster but other than that I don't see anything special from them to make em better than Genesy.

My whole point is if you gonna say 7 backs are better than him then prove it!!!!!!!!! You can prove 2 are better... They have the numbers but, you can't prove the other 5 are better... They dnt have numbers.... If your a top 5 back your gonna finish in the top 5 of both of these categories... Rushing yards and Touchdowns.... That's how you prove if you are an elite back.... Robinson, great back... But dnt have nowhere near the numbers to be in this argument.... Last year different story.... Wilkins great athlete... Numbers aren't the same as #36.... Dobson, great back numbers are not the same as #36.... And I'm sticking to my argument as well #36 one of the top 3 RBs in the city and HIS NUMBERS PROVES IT!!!!!!

But say if they are playing Bolton and up 42-0 and you leave your starters in and after a 25 yard run... Bolton "thinks" your trying to run the score up and the next play one of their players purposely hits your star running back in the knees and he tears his acl or mcl... You can't risk that... You dnt kno what a 15-18 year old kid will do and you dnt risk it because then it will lie completely on that head coaches shoulders!!!

My original post in this thread discussed a coach who did just that consistantly. He consitantly had SEC recruiters on his campus after his players. He knew how to do it where his guys got that stats that the SEC schools were looking for and he still had his star players off the field mid to late third quarters in blowouts. It can be done effectively. This wasn't a one time thing with this coach ... the recruiters KEPT coming back for more. None of his star players were 'gone after' by opposing teams, and they often times played in hostile environments. 15 to 18 year olds play the game, it's the adults who make all of the fuss.

Like I said earlier ... If Mr. Roland Genesy had eclipsed to 2,000 yard mark at the end of ten games there wouldn't be a need for this discussion. If that would have been the case, this thread is never even created because there wouldn't be a need for it. Yet, here were are having discussions with Millington fans on whether or not he's worthy to be listed in the top 5 in Memphis. You've stated your case. You've presented his stats. You've posted his highlight videos. You've done all of this and there are still folks who aren't convinced that he's top five material. Therefore, those people are crazy or they don't know anything about football, or yada yada yada.

He's a really good RB. He reminds me of John Riggins. Big. Brusing. Deceptive speed. He keeps his legs pumping and he runs through arm tackles. He will play on Saturdays for some university. He has top five stats so that makes him top five. Not everybody agrees with you because his stats don't dominate the others. Doesn't matter how many were put in the box to stop him all year long. Doesn't matter about the performance he had in the District 14 championship game. Some people are just going to rate others over him.

It is what it is.

Millington fans leave it alone. The whole post was brought up to simply give some props to a kid that deserved some recognition but was getting zero attention from local media/critics. You have a few that want to dispute that and that's ok. Now we need to leave it alone. Nothing good can happen for Roland or Millington from here out. Us and the people who matter know how special he is and thats good enough. We got a game Friday night with a very good team so let's move on!!

Since u asked for it.... He is not a top 5 back in this area. U want to say if he played this schedule or that schedule he would of put up these type of numbers, I dare say if Mark Dodson played in Millington's offense u guys would be UNDEFEATED :roflol:

I know you have never seen him. I like the loyalty for your team but sometimes you can not see past it. I too think our point is made.

Edited by dou

Doesnt St Benedict have a back that is supposed to be pretty good? I think Arlington keyed on him and contained him pretty well and got the win. MUS keyed on Kimbrough and shut him down in that game. These are some good RBs. Every team Millington has played gets to watch a DVD of the previous game and knows who Roland Gennesy is and they key on him....every game. These teams know we dont pass the ball much if at all...we run the ball....and we are going to run Gennesy...its not a secret. And this kid has how many yards and how many touchdowns? He is keyed on every game and hasnt been shut down yet.

He was the best back Arlington faced all year. IMO better than Wilkins. With that said don't look for White Station to allow him the yards Arlington gave him. They will have to be beat threw the air their coach will have White Station ready and will probably have 9 men at the line something I think we should have done. I believe Genesy will get his share but he will earn every yard this week. We played Javon Robinson in the playoffs last year and Genesy looks every bit as good as he was. The kid will be playing D-1 football somewhere.

Well it's been fun watching Roland Genesy play.. I do believe if he was in the game when Millington was inside the 10 yard line Millington would had scored and we would be playing next week. Whitestations D loaded the box all night and still did not stop Genesy (193 yards and 3 TD's ) No fancy dodging just flat out runs at ya or over ya.. This guy is a Beast... If ya haven't seen him play in person you are missing out. You guys will have a chance in the Allstar game..