Roland Genesy/Millington

dou

Right cause if I did I'd pass on him. Maybe that's why Ole Miss is hanging around the bottom of the SEC as well, and I'm a fan of Ole Miss. Just too small for the SEC. Dexter McCluster was special, those type backs are few and far between. I would offer him a walk-on spot.

NOT a WALK ON I promise

Senator, as I said before, I respect your opinion most of the time. I do not understand why you continue to "hate" on Millington and our kids. I have personally talked to the all-star coach that will be coaching Roland and he is ecstatic to have Roland and can not wait to run him down the throats of the other team. Quit hating on Millington, cause you have a vendetta against us and you always have. Could be the whippings!

I have no axe to grind with Millington... But I will tell you that I have NEVER liked Millington's style of play (all that running of the football) and The FACT that yall give yall program too much credit. i.e. you saying Millington has given us "whippings!" When has Millington "Whipped" Whitehaven. We have matched up and we have won some and yall have won some. Wasn't any "whippings" that I saw. I'm not hating. I'm sayin what I see.

I have no axe to grind with Millington... But I will tell you that I have NEVER liked Millington's style of play (all that running of the football) and The FACT that yall give yall program too much credit. i.e. you saying Millington has given us "whippings!" When has Millington "Whipped" Whitehaven. We have matched up and we have won some and yall have won some. Wasn't any "whippings" that I saw. I'm not hating. I'm sayin what I see.

I agree with you on this comment. except our style of football.

Edited by dou

WHY R U always trying to stir up controversy or pick a fight whenever I post on here? Very childish. My point was that anybody like you who asserts MUS' defense and/or team was better last year is simply wrong and uninformed, and to use that false assertion as a basis for comparing Genesy vs. Kimbrow is thus invalid. The game scores alone indicate that, as I'm sure would any coach or other INFORMED observer. The number of seniors lost is largely irrelevant. More important is WHO RETURNED with game experience, which was substantial, plus the addition of exceptional newcomers, e.g. Tucker. This is NOT a "rebuilding" year. Last year was.

If you read correctly i have never argued with you ever.. Never have said anything about MUS until the post above. You got the wrong guy BOOSTER. Have ya ever thought that all these schools... CBHS, St Bend, East, and White station arent all that this yr? Yea there is the hype but apparently they arent just great and that strong. Arlington isnt in the league of MUS and they shut down St Bend... So those shutouts mean nothing. Millington could have several this yr but when ya play the younger kids thats what ya get. Millington is haveing an ok yr but just havent had a game where we havent fumbled or made tackles. Maybe Friday night will be the game.

I know what a good back is. #36 is good for Millington. Javon Robinson is not putting up the same numbers this season as opposed to last year because of the coaching Change over at Wooddale IMHO. I think The coach over there is either too smart for his own good or he wants Robinson to be fresher in the Playoffs. Stats are not the only thing I'm going off of. I'm trusting my EYES and the opinion of College Scouts. Who is recruiting Genesy? Robinson has been locked up by Auburn, I'm just saying. <_<

Im done posting about all this all i have to say is Roland impresses me and everyone who has seen him. Lets see the announcer friday night said "the big man can move" as he was running his 50 yard TD. Backs who can score alot every game equals a good back. Roland consistantly makes big runs and TD's. So if he were just an ok player i dont think he would ever be mentioned in the commercial appeal or be mentioned much at all. I see the kid every game and is fun to watch. If the line misses blocks he still drags em 5 plus yards. You need to come out friday night and get a look and i will bet anything you will have a change of heart about him.

If you read correctly i have never argued with you ever.. Never have said anything about MUS until the post above. You got the wrong guy BOOSTER. Have ya ever thought that all these schools... CBHS, St Bend, East, and White station arent all that this yr? Yea there is the hype but apparently they arent just great and that strong. Arlington isnt in the league of MUS and they shut down St Bend... So those shutouts mean nothing. Millington could have several this yr but when ya play the younger kids thats what ya get. Millington is haveing an ok yr but just havent had a game where we havent fumbled or made tackles. Maybe Friday night will be the game.

Sorry I confused you with somebody else, but you sounded just like one of "the others" (you obviously know who they are). This site is about promoting Roland Genesy for Mr. Football, NOT about MUS, how good or bad MUS and/or their opponents are, recruiting, financial aid, or any of the other extraneous subjects you have injected. As somebody who knows MUS football if nothing else, I assure you that your assertion MUS was a better team last year as a basis for arguing Mr. Genesy vs. Mr. Kimbrow is ridiculous, and anybody who knows the local football scene knows this to be true. As is said, "that dog don't hunt." Propose something else. And if I were to make a similarly uninformed statement about the Trojans, about whom I admit I know almost ZILCH, as you apparently know about the Owls, I would expect to be called out by the MHS folk and would listen.

Well to clear that up, the argument was is Roland a top 5 back in the Shelby-Metro area... We dnt wanna get on here and put a " " vs " " cuz I think that's tacky.... But if I'm wrong about the MUS defense then my bad... We played them last year and MUS had some BEASTS on defense... I haven't seen their defense this year, so you right I can't say last years was better.... But y'all did shutout WS and East so thats enough proof for me....

Right cause if I did I'd pass on him. Maybe that's why Ole Miss is hanging around the bottom of the SEC as well, and I'm a fan of Ole Miss. Just too small for the SEC. Dexter McCluster was special, those type backs are few and far between. I would offer him a walk-on spot.

-------------------------------------------------------------

I believe your right ..everyone knows most players who are recruited from Memphis who make in the SEC are linemen..everyone speculates on backs with linemen getting overlooked except by Real recruiters..

Well to clear that up, the argument was is Roland a top 5 back in the Shelby-Metro area...

Ok - I have seen all of these guys in person except for Walton.

For what it is worth, this is my top 5 list:

1) Brian Kimbrow - East - This guy does what he does with VERY little O-line play in front of him. He has incredible hips with the ability to fit through holes others cannot and has great speed. Put him behind the O-line of a team like MUS and he puts up video game type numbers.

2) Javon Robinson - Wooddale - He is not putting up the numbers, but from a pure talent perspective, he is very good. Auburn seems to agree.

3) Jaylen Walton - Ridgeway - He is a homerun hitter that is a danger to take it to the house every time he touches the ball.

4) Jordan Wilkins - St. Benedict - It is hard to do much against stiffer competition when he is the ONLY weapon St. Benedict has. And this kid is just a junior. He is a stud and may be the best in the city next year. Also plays behind an average at best O-line.

5) Roland Genesy - Millington - A bruising, straight ahead runner that is not going to get arm tackled. Has ok speed, but that is not his strength. His strength is running hard and running through defenders. I see him as a FB at the college level.

So - if your argument is that Genesy is a top 5 back, I agree. Just think there are better backs in the area. Just my opinion.

A fullback in college?? Was Blount from Oregon a FB in college?? Is Richardson from Alabama?? Is Ware from LSU?? Or what about Gerhart from Stanford...?? These are all guys who are way bigger than Roland... And none of them are 4.2 or 4.3 guys either... Roland is a big back compared to Memphis backs... If you go to Texas, Alabama,Georgia, or Florida running backs from there range from 5'10-6'3 and weigh between 180-240... Roland is not big at all compared to the guys I just named he just seems big cause Memphis has got accustom to the smaller type of backs or scat backs... Which in college will be put in the slot 95% of the time... And nowadays if you watch college football, if there happens to be a fullback in the game he is either your backup tigh-end or a defensive guy that they use in special packages... So him being a fullback in college is highly unlikely...