Roland Genesy/Millington

dou

not a millington fan but i would have to say you are pretty spot on with your list of top backs...i would throw Davenport from Riverdale in there but other than that sounds like you have a good eye for talent.Genesy's numbers are the only thing that put him in category with your Mathers and Kimbrows. but thats not saying Memphis shouldnt sign a guy like Genesy. they would be stupid not too. When your talking about Mathers and Kimbrow tho you are talking about SEC caliber backs. Im sure Arkansas state or a similar school will get him tho just like all good players from Shelby Metro. Kudos coach Porter

Cute shot of sarcasm there REALoleG. But lets see you joined less than a week ago you have a whooping 5 post and you stay anonymous,,, on your entire profile. Well ok then, i understand your purpose for being on this board now.

Don't kno who Marlon Brown is, but I wasn't comparing there talent, I was comparing his stats and yards to Barnes and Galloway.... And stop using the term FB cuz if we were back in the 3 man-I team like we were in the 90s he would be the 4 back(the running back who dots the i) which makes him a running back... If you ask Roland what position he plays he is not gonna say he plays fullback.... And you just proved a major point, he has a fullback frame and can run a high 4.4 or low 4.5... And you don't think he's one of the best backs in Shelby metro??? Not to mention I haven't seen anyone tackle him 1 on 1 yet... So no he's not one of the best fullbacks in the area, he is one of the best RUNNING BACKS in the area...

Don't kno who Marlon Brown is, but I wasn't comparing there talent, I was comparing his stats and yards to Barnes and Galloway.... And stop using the term FB cuz if we were back in the 3 man-I team like we were in the 90s he would be the 4 back(the running back who dots the i) which makes him a running back... If you ask Roland what position he plays he is not gonna say he plays fullback.... And you just proved a major point, he has a fullback frame and can run a high 4.4 or low 4.5... And you don't think he's one of the best backs in Shelby metro??? Not to mention I haven't seen anyone tackle him 1 on 1 yet... So no he's not one of the best fullbacks in the area, he is one of the best RUNNING BACKS in the area...

meant marlon barnes .. autocorrect sorry

The Millington Back, Roland Genesy is gettin the right amount of props, not much. He doesn't seem like anything special. He's not even on the Level of the Holmes guy you Had a few years ago. Millington, as a team will make noise if they make it to the 2nd round of this years playoffs. As for #36, he's just not the caliber of the Top Notch backs in the Shelby Metro area from what I just saw on his highlights. Not hatin just callin' it how I see it.

GarciaD, I believe the best back to come out of Shelby metro Has to be the Man with the Area record for most yards in a Season, Curtis Alexander from Whitehaven.

So a back that's on track to have 1600 or 1700 yards and that's averaging 9.9 yards a carry is still not one of the best backs in Memphis... So I guess when he make BEST OF THE PREPS... He still won't be amongst the best... And the Highlights on here are from one game in which he had 248 yards and 5 touchdowns... And the other clip are from his junior year... And he's not one of the best in the area why?? Cuz he's a pounder type running back, or because he's not making people miss...??? I'm trying to figure it out... Any kid that runs for over a thousand yards in 7 games in my eyes has the right to be mentioned amongst the best in the city no matter where they play! But of course as usual he's not gonna get that recognition... Even when Holmes was at millington people said the same thing about him... And he was special... You can't compare the two cause they are two totally different types of running backs and play two totally different positions in the wing-T... But to get 1300 yards, when your running 95% in between the tackles is not easy, especially when I guarantee that 1100 of those yards are after initial contact...

The Millington Back, Roland Genesy is gettin the right amount of props, not much. He doesn't seem like anything special. He's not even on the Level of the Holmes guy you Had a few years ago. Millington, as a team will make noise if they make it to the 2nd round of this years playoffs. As for #36, he's just not the caliber of the Top Notch backs in the Shelby Metro area from what I just saw on his highlights. Not hatin just callin' it how I see it.

GarciaD, I believe the best back to come out of Shelby metro Has to be the Man with the Area record for most yards in a Season, Curtis Alexander from Whitehaven.

Senator, I have always respected most of what you have to say. But why the attacks on 36 he has the stats to prove what he does, and that is not taking away from any of the other great H.S running backs in our area or the state. As for "He's not even on the level of the Holmes guy you had a few years ago" we will take close because he was MR. FOOTBALL and now a two year starter at ASU who helped whip Memphis. I just do not get the negatives. He is a super young man who will go far in life no matter what.

This was not about Millington and the playoffs, we take it one game at the time.

Edited by dou

All these running backs listed as top in the Metro Area played weak teams as Millington has. Roland could easily have as much or more yards as Kimbro... Coach Michaels isnt trying to pad stats agaisnt those teams. Again Roland is as good as any of those backs listed. Its just fun to watch Roland play he doesnt try and juke he runs thru the defense. If ya havent seen him in person come out on next Friday night and check him out. Will be a big game vs Arlington for the District Title. I think Senator and the other guy who seem negative toward Genesy will have a change of mind.

This was in the commercial appeal about Roland.

Story lines: North Side will have the unenviable task of trying to do what no team has been able to do so far, shut down Trojans star running back Roland Genesy. Millington has lots of other weapons though, and sophomore QB Lakeron Garcia continues to show improvement. The biggest danger for the Trojans will be keeping their focus and not looking ahead to next week's clash of the District 14-AAA titans against Arlington.

Here you go senator,

(12) Millington 44, Jackson North Side 12: The Trojans warmed up for next week's District 14-AAA showdown with Arlington by running over Jackson North Side. Roland Genesy led the ground attack with 193 yards on only nine carries, including three touchdowns. Millington (8-1) compiled 404 yards rushing and scored all six touchdowns on the ground. Jackson North Side fell to 2-7.

Edited by dou

Here you go senator,

(12) Millington 44, Jackson North Side 12: The Trojans warmed up for next week's District 14-AAA showdown with Arlington by running over Jackson North Side. Roland Genesy led the ground attack with 193 yards on only nine carries, including three touchdowns. Millington (8-1) compiled 404 yards rushing and scored all six touchdowns on the ground. Jackson North Side fell to 2-7.

Yall Millington Folks slay me :rolleyes:

I am not saying #36 isn't good. I'm saying he isn't a special Talent. He is solid. He's good for you guys but he is not Big-time like Kimbrow, Walton, Robinson, or Dawson. He's good, for Millington, but not a star. T.Holmes was a special player for yall, Genesy is just solid.

Here is whats funny to me. Millington isn't getting respect due to there schedule but as u see East playing some teams worse than what's on Millingtons Schdule getting all kinds of hype. Also Kimbrow getting hype which I'm not saying he doesn't respect it but an example of how he is one of the top backs in the state but gets almost shut down by MUS shows alittle something to wonder. Now Roland hasn't had less than 100 yards a game this yr no matter who we have played and also just like last night coach takes him out of game due to (37-0 ) score. No padding stats where he could have possibly had 400 plus yard if was kept in the game.. Also craigmonts not getting much attention but was leading East right before the half... So all this hype for East and in my opinion seem not to be all that.