BA VS ENSWORTH

nike7

KWoodroof, your one of the best people to post on here. Are you defending what BA is doing or saying Ensworth just has the advantage from now on and BA is lucky to just field a good team??? BA's problem on offense is simple.

baeagles1982--what do you think the offensive problems are?

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

baeagles1982--what do you think the offensive problems are?

no one asked me, but I don't see a whole bunch of problems with BA's offense. In fact, it's a sight to behold when it's clicking. Fast tempo, nice mix of run/pass, a couple of different fast RB's getting the ball in space...they lost some guys from last year but don't seem any worse off from my perspective...it's a lot for a defense to digest (hence, the MBA game/track meet). If anything, maybe, it puts a lot of pressure on the QB position, so you always need good ones.

Ricky knows how to take a group of high school kids and make them tough, physical, and nasty. Kind of like a guy he used to work for off of Granny White a long time ago. That's why he's the best and why, coupled with the talent he has over there, we're all competing for 2nd place for now. And why it's so depressing to contemplate MBA's problems right now.

no one asked me, but I don't see a whole bunch of problems with BA's offense. In fact, it's a sight to behold when it's clicking. Fast tempo, nice mix of run/pass, a couple of different fast RB's getting the ball in space...they lost some guys from last year but don't seem any worse off from my perspective...it's a lot for a defense to digest (hence, the MBA game/track meet). If anything, maybe, it puts a lot of pressure on the QB position, so you always need good ones.

Ricky knows how to take a group of high school kids and make them tough, physical, and nasty. Kind of like a guy he used to work for off of Granny White a long time ago. That's why he's the best and why, coupled with the talent he has over there, we're all competing for 2nd place for now. And why it's so depressing to contemplate MBA's problems right now.

Agree with the comment about Bowers and the former coach off Granny White. BA's offense has been spectacular against sub par competition this year. Against the better teams, a no show. 3 and out keeps a very talented D on the field too long in the big games. 7 pts vs Trinity, 10 vs Baylor, and an anemic 17 vs EHS will not get it done. It's easy for anyone with BA's talent to put up big pts against JPII, BGA, Maplewood, and Ryan, which BA was fortunate the game turned for them late.

If my calculations are correct, BA has averaged 32 points a game to Ensworths 36. Let switch out one of ENS early season games with quick trip to Louisville to play Trinity and we would probably be close to even. BA has an explosive offensive that has proven to be very tough to handle. Most all of these teams in Div II can give you a run for your money on any given night. I don't take any of them for granted thus a run of 7 consecutive wins should be commended.

It is simple....BA's offense is predictable, it's vanilla and there is no surprise element. Bowers has figured out BA's offense, that is why he is successful against Potter. In the game last week, the turn around point was when Potter went for it on 4th and 2 deep in Ensworth's territory. The play....Off tackle right Surprise, surprise Gomer. Ensworth was waiting, it was like they knew it was coming. BA needs to call plays outside the box, take chances. I know Ricky would have never guessed the play if BA threw into the end zone on that play. Play predictable against a smart coach and you will pay.

BA has to keep the other team guessing or the offense will sputter.

KWoodroof, your one of the best people to post on here. Are you defending what BA is doing or saying Ensworth just has the advantage from now on and BA is lucky to just field a good team??? BA's problem on offense is simple.

I'm really not making either statement. My point is that in Bowers' tenure as a head coach at both MBA and Ensworth (once they had 4 full classes), there aren't a lot of coaches who've had much success against him. He assembles a good staff, and his teams are well-prepared and well conditioned. He's likely to be the skunk at the garden party for a while to come. Again, not taking a shot at any school or staff, just acknowledging that he's got a really good record.

I'm really not making either statement. My point is that in Bowers' tenure as a head coach at both MBA and Ensworth (once they had 4 full classes), there aren't a lot of coaches who've had much success against him. He assembles a good staff, and his teams are well-prepared and well conditioned. He's likely to be the skunk at the garden party for a while to come. Again, not taking a shot at any school or staff, just acknowledging that he's got a really good record.

Some of the best teams that "Financial Aid" can buy in the State.

He is one of the best coaches in the area, but the guy always plays with a roster full of kids that are talented from their respective areas of town and recruited to play for him and receive financial aid.

He is not the only coach and I am definitely not accusing him of anything illegal, because by the rules it is legal, but it is not like he is playing with no talent each year.

He is one of the best coaches in the area, but the guy always plays with a roster full of kids that are talented from their respective areas of town and recruited to play for him and receive financial aid.

He is not the only coach and I am definitely not accusing him of anything illegal, because by the rules it is legal, but it is not like he is playing with no talent each year.

Your point regarding financial aid is not relevant in this conversation. All of the teams that Coach Bowers competes with offer financial aid. I think it's funny that because he wins championships everyone points to his talent level at Ensworth; however, when he was winning championships in both football and basketball at MBA, he was a great coach. If talent alone won championships Brentwood Academy should have won three or four in the last five years.

Oh no.......here we go again with scholarship and recruiting accusations.

Division II AA school are need based financial aid private schools. The DII AA players play in a segregated league that does not compete in state championships against other private schools whodo not provide aid or public schools. So I'm not sure if it matters anymore to try and to defend the process over and over again.

So FRHSIrishVol...don't let it bother you. You don't know the truth. A good DII AA football program recruits itself. So go support your favorite school and chill out.

Edited by shakinthefat

Your point regarding financial aid is not relevant in this conversation. All of the teams that Coach Bowers competes with offer financial aid. I think it's funny that because he wins championships everyone points to his talent level at Ensworth; however, when he was winning championships in both football and basketball at MBA, he was a great coach. If talent alone won championships Brentwood Academy should have won three or four in the last five years.

The funny thing is how many people at MBA were complaining about the dc the last couple of years. He moves to Ensworth and his defense looks great. The new dc at MBA looks a lot like the last one.. Not to take anything away from Bowers , but his teams rarely have to overachieve.

The funny thing is how many people at MBA were complaining about the dc the last couple of years. He moves to Ensworth and his defense looks great. The new dc at MBA looks a lot like the last one.. Not to take anything away from Bowers , but his teams rarely have to overachieve.

Ensworth may have excellent players but they are well coached too. And this included their DC who the nouveau MBA complained about. I wonder what they have to say now.

The proof is in the results. The current MBA coaching staff has done a poor job. With the entire team back from a 9-3 record, this 5-5 team looked lost, undisciplined and under prepared all year. That would never be said about the previous 3 coaching staffs.

Ensworth may have excellent players but they are well coached too. And this included their DC who the nouveau MBA complained about. I wonder what they have to say now.

The proof is in the results. The current MBA coaching staff has done a poor job. With the entire team back from a 9-3 record, this 5-5 team looked lost, undisciplined and under prepared all year. That would never be said about the previous 3 coaching staffs.

They looked pretty lost two years ago until Bowers put on his Les Miles hat and choked the game away. It is amazing that team made it to the finals. That defense was pretty bad even with two D1 players.