Clinton @ Oak Ridge

tnchad1980

14 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

• Oak Ridge (5-3)
    • Clinton (0-8)

I agree all the blame can't be put on the coaches but there is something fundamentally wrong when the center has block responsiblility on a backer when he has a nose guard on him.... I would of thought it was player error until I kept seeing it play after play.. If your telling your kid to let a nose guard go and just go after a backer, sometimes even a outside backer there is something wrong with your blocking stragegy, the play is blown up even before your running back gets to the hole espically when playing a D line like oak ridge.

They changed his assignment because against powell he admitted to being scared of being hit by the nose. Thats also the beloved Pike you talk about previous. He might of played in an All American game as a Middle schooler but he has yet to work hard. The kid has tons of potential, but has yet to show any work ethic. At the practices I have been to he is always the last one on the field having to run for being late.

There has definitely been some coaching struggles, but not all of that can be blamed on coaches. When you get beat deep twice last night in a Cover 3, then you have kids not doing what they are supposed to. Just one of many examples that can be given of kids not doing what they are supposed to.

Also, Clinton called timeouts at the end of the game to get their Senior Tailback a touchdown against a huge rival. That kid gives it his all everyday despite the fact alot of his teammates have packed it in for the year. He was much deserving of that touchdown.

Edited by Hamburglar

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They changed his assignment because against powell he admitted to being scared of being hit by the nose. Thats also the beloved Pike you talk about previous. He might of played in an All American game as a Middle schooler but he hlas yet to work hard. The kid has tons of potential, but has yet to show any work ethic. At the practices I have been to he is always the last one on the field having to run for being late.

There has definitely been some coaching struggles, but not all of that can be blamed on coaches. When you get beat deep twice last night in a Cover 3, then you have kids not doing what they are supposed to. Just one of many examples that can be given of kids not doing what they are supposed to.

Also, Clinton called timeouts at the end of the game to get their Senior Tailback a touchdown against a huge rival. That kid gives it his all everyday despite the fact alot of his teammates have packed it in for the year. He was much deserving of that touchdown.

I have tried to stay positive this yr but that has been difficult. Our offensive line was supposed to be the strength of our team this year, and I am very unimpressed with them as a unit.

I would expect a coach that was an all-state lineman to get more out of these guys.

I believe our best lineman is a freshman, and I say that because of the effort he gives on every play.

Clinton had enough size and talent to finish atleast 3-7 or 4-6.

They changed his assignment because against powell he admitted to being scared of being hit by the nose. Thats also the beloved Pike you talk about previous. He might of played in an All American game as a Middle schooler but he has yet to work hard. The kid has tons of potential, but has yet to show any work ethic. At the practices I have been to he is always the last one on the field having to run for being late.

So they change a blocking assignment for that? You obviously don't know this kid. Why would he be afraid of Someone that isnt near the talent he's competed against? He handled a kid at the all american game that now has verbally committed to LSU. Your explanation and football knowledge is obviously flawed....

I agree... kid played hard all night and deserved that TD. The students deserved it as well. No problems from this OR fan.

Your punter either had a great night or is a fantastic punter.

Great Read....thanks SS. I was on Emory Rd that night. Bout as good of a football game as I haver ever seen at any level.

Yes, wigwam! By round 4 I was watching! There! I said it! You happy now!?!?! B)

Hey Kpt... Long time no talk... 3wigwam is just honored to have you in our teepee.

4th rounfd is very respectable though... no giigles here on that one... :rolleyes: