Marion County @ Chattanooga Christian

pegleg

This game reminds me of a nice passage talking about faith. The fine people from Marion County must have faith in their football team. Their players must have faith and believe in one another. Faith the size of a grain of mustard seed is enough to move a mountain. The young fellows that play for the purple and white have lost faith in themselves and their coaches. It is faith and trust in one another that will carry you through the hard times young fellows. Trust each other and believe. Try to go out with a couple of wins. The pastor has spoken, you better listen.

Guest Purplepastry

This game reminds me of a nice passage talking about faith. The fine people from Marion County must have faith in their football team. Their players must have faith and believe in one another. Faith the size of a grain of mustard seed is enough to move a mountain. The young fellows that play for the purple and white have lost faith in themselves and their coaches. It is faith and trust in one another that will carry you through the hard times young fellows. Trust each other and believe. Try to go out with a couple of wins. The pastor has spoken, you better listen.

Amen

Most of the kids at MC have not lost faith in themselves. It has turned in to a respect thing if you ask me. None of the players don't respect their head coach. I hear bits and pieces from kids at the school, not just athletes but students as well. Kids don't want to go to his class, not because he is a stickler and makes them do their work, but because of things he says at times. The few times I have personally talked to him he seemed like a good guy, but there are many in the town of Jasper that are disgruntled. In small towns that thrive on sports, I know losing can be the end for a coach. For whatever reason there have been a lot of kids quit or not play because of the coach, not because of losing. Dumb decisions during the course of a game have been a concern too. I know a coach doesn't always call the right play, and I know it's easier to find faults when things aren't going the right way. I'm 35, bleed orange and black since birth, and crap (!) purple and white. IMO Marion needs someone fresh with winning tradition or some of those young guys on the staff need to step up. RESPECT IS A HUGE ASPECT OF COACHING

Edited by PiRaTe._.MiKe

Most of the kids at MC have not lost faith in themselves. It has turned in to a respect thing if you ask me. None of the players don't respect their head coach. I hear bits and pieces from kids at the school, not just athletes but students as well. Kids don't want to go to his class, not because he is a stickler and makes them do their work, but because of things he says at times. The few times I have personally talked to him he seemed like a good guy, but there are many in the town of Jasper that are disgruntled. In small towns that thrive on sports, I know losing can be the end for a coach. For whatever reason there have been a lot of kids quit or not play because of the coach, not because of losing. Dumb decisions during the course of a game have been a concern too. I know a coach doesn't always call the right play, and I know it's easier to find faults when things aren't going the right way. I'm 35, bleed orange and black since birth, and crap (!) purple and white. IMO Marion needs someone fresh with winning tradition or some of those young guys on the staff need to step up. RESPECT IS A HUGE ASPECT OF COACHING

Sounds like you and I have talked to the same people..good post..They gonna have to find a troubleshooter..someone that has experience building a successful program from scratch. It will cost so it depends on what it is worth to them... Edited by TheBlackPearl