1A AP Football Poll

pegleg

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The truth of the matter is this, Huntingdon should be #1 and South Pittsburg #2. Yes, I know South Pittsburg has beat some quality teams, but Huntingdon did beat Milan, the #2 team in 3A this year. So I agree with the poll.

This is easy,South pitt is holding the gold ball from last yr they are the #1 1A team until someone takes the gold ball from them!i dont think Milan and all these other classification teams will be in cookeville across from south pitt,polls are ridiculous just a bunch of talk!Line em up and then talk,Pitt has proved themselves,all others are just talk till the last whistle of the season blows in cookeville.

PC has a good team this yr and a very good QB. No doubt. Take him out and it would be a long night for the against anyone from this point on this yr. Next year you won't even hear about them so it better happen for then in 2011. SP is always good yr in yr out. Plus a young RB that looks good for 2 more yrs. And with Huntingdon in 1A you better get use to hearing about the Mustangs for several yrs to come. Their QB is a MACHINE. Younger guy look like Swenson and staff are wide eyed for the future.

Playoffs--- Put Perry Co. Wayne Co. and Huntingdon in the same Quad so PC and Wayne CO. can come back over the river to Paul Ward.

From Local Paper:

He's just a sophomore and a first-year starter but already no one has done it better at South Pittsburg than Jajuan Lankford.

The 5-foot-11, 170-pounder broke the school's single-game rushing record with a 366-yard performance and scored six touchdowns and a two-point conversion to earn Times Free Press Player of the Week honors.

This is easy,South pitt is holding the gold ball from last yr they are the #1 1A team until someone takes the gold ball from them!i dont think Milan and all these other classification teams will be in cookeville across from south pitt,polls are ridiculous just a bunch of talk!Line em up and then talk,Pitt has proved themselves,all others are just talk till the last whistle of the season blows in cookeville.

I personally believe SP has a very legitimate chance and may win the title again but heres the thing, SP winning last year has nothing to do w/ how teams are ranked this year w/ the exception of maybe the 1st game of the season. They had players graduate and new players come in so they are not the same team. Here is the real kicker, there will actually be a different gold ball handed out this year, so SP will get to keep the 1 they won last year, no one will ever take it away.....lol

I have a question for you Kevin? Have you seen both PC and Huntingdon play? If so who were their opponents of the games you watched?

I seen Huntington play McKenzie, I have not seen PC this year but have seen them play the last 3 years. So lets put it this way, if PC is not a whole lot better than they were last year, then they will get buried. If they are, then they might make a game out of it. I dont believe you think PC will beat them anyway, you say you do and talk a pretty big game about it, but I bet in the back of your mind you really know what the deal is, you will never admit it though.....

Edited by Kevin38

I personally believe SP has a very legitimate chance and may win the title again but heres the thing, SP winning last year has nothing to do w/ how teams are ranked this year w/ the exception of maybe the 1st game of the season. They had players graduate and new players come in so they are not the same team. Here is the real kicker, there will actually be a different gold ball handed out this year, so SP will get to keep the 1 they won last year, no one will ever take it away.....lol

I seen Huntington play McKenzie, I have not seen PC this year but have seen them play the last 3 years. So lets put it this way, if PC is not a whole lot better than they were last year, then they will get buried. If they are, then they might make a game out of it. I dont believe you think PC will beat them anyway, you say you do and talk a pretty big game about it, but I bet in the back of your mind you really know what the deal is, you will never admit it though.....

Haha no I would admit if I thought they were better. And as for how good PC is compared to the last couples years. I would say Leaps and Bounds better on both sides of the ball. Especially on Defense.

Haha no I would admit if I thought they were better. And as for how good PC is compared to the last couples years. I would say Leaps and Bounds better on both sides of the ball. Especially on Defense.

Well we should be in for a pretty good game then..... :thumb:

I believe this week against WC will be a good gauge of how much better they are than last year.....