DII-A Basketball (Keep it Clean Version)

dgeeman

BOOM! Nothing interesting there..... pure domination!

I happened to be at that game on Friday and it was much closer than the score reflects. Ezell came out strong and held the lead until midway into the 3rd quarter at which time Marberry was hit with a T for finishing off a dunk after a dead ball whistle (probably should have been given a warning on this one). From what I understand, FRA school rules are that any player hit with a T must sit out that quarter and the following quarter. That put Marberry out of the game. Ezell came within a few points in the 4th, but the size and length of FRA proved to be a little too much. Bell was strong as usual, along with big defense from Cannon, Bouldin, Bryant and T.Smith for FRA. Huge showing as always from Gee. Teague was strong in the paint, but the force behind the close game was Jenkins for Ezell. Great game - great crowd - absolutely NO domination by either team!

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I happened to be at that game on Friday and it was much closer than the score reflects. Ezell came out strong and held the lead until midway into the 3rd quarter at which time Marberry was hit with a T for finishing off a dunk after a dead ball whistle (probably should have been given a warning on this one). From what I understand, FRA school rules are that any player hit with a T must sit out that quarter and the following quarter. That put Marberry out of the game. Ezell came within a few points in the 4th, but the size and length of FRA proved to be a little too much. Bell was strong as usual, along with big defense from Cannon, Bouldin, Bryant and T.Smith for FRA. Huge showing as always from Gee. Teague was strong in the paint, but the force behind the close game was Jenkins for Ezell. Great game - great crowd - absolutely NO domination by either team!

ENS just helping us out with our post numbers...thanks big guy. Well naturally I was at the game as well and Boogie's comments are pretty much on the cue. Though speaking from the Gee camp my son struggled a little..not used to shooting with trees and limbs in front of the goal. FRA is as good as everyone says. Personally I think a more solid team that last year's especially with the playing time that Bouldin, Bell, Cannon, and Marberry are getting now. The development of Bryant, Smith and Ponchilla throughout this season now gives them a little more depth and have to seen as the frontrunners to win the Mid/East and make it to the State Tourney as well.

Ezell was as close as 1 pt down going into the 4th quarter. Down the stretch some great play and coaching and late fouling gave the Panthers their 12 pt differential. On this night the Panthers had a lot of weapons. Ponchilla did well off the bench and thought Cannon played great during one stretch...just seemed like someone stepped up all during the night for FRA which prevented any type of comeback for the Eagles. Ezell got a nice effort from freshman Jake Hammond who hit a couple of 3's but too many turnovers and missed opportunities prevented Ezell from a possible upset. Zach Jenkins and Corey Teague continue to lead the Eagles in this their senior season...Go Eagles!

Good seeing the FRA friends and I hope the next time might be in the finals of the Region Tourney. FRA will decide their fate in the next week or so by playing Knox Webb and DCA and will have a lot to do in determining who comes in 2,3,4th places.

Keeping it clean!

Gman

ENS just helping us out with our post numbers...thanks big guy. Well naturally I was at the game as well and Boogie's comments are pretty much on the cue. Though speaking from the Gee camp my son struggled a little..not used to shooting with trees and limbs in front of the goal. FRA is as good as everyone says. Personally I think a more solid team that last year's especially with the playing time that Bouldin, Bell, Cannon, and Marberry are getting now. The development of Bryant, Smith and Ponchilla throughout this season now gives them a little more depth and have to seen as the frontrunners to win the Mid/East and make it to the State Tourney as well.

Ezell was as close as 1 pt down going into the 4th quarter. Down the stretch some great play and coaching and late fouling gave the Panthers their 12 pt differential. On this night the Panthers had a lot of weapons. Ponchilla did well off the bench and thought Cannon played great during one stretch...just seemed like someone stepped up all during the night for FRA which prevented any type of comeback for the Eagles. Ezell got a nice effort from freshman Jake Hammond who hit a couple of 3's but too many turnovers and missed opportunities prevented Ezell from a possible upset. Zach Jenkins and Corey Teague continue to lead the Eagles in this their senior season...Go Eagles!

Good seeing the FRA friends and I hope the next time might be in the finals of the Region Tourney. FRA will decide their fate in the next week or so by playing Knox Webb and DCA and will have a lot to do in determining who comes in 2,3,4th places.

Keeping it clean!

Gman

I did not get to see the game. Was it close? And how did the west shake up on Friday night?

I did not get to see the game. Was it close? And how did the west shake up on Friday night?

Lausanne lost to ECS not a very pretty game on either teams part.

St George continues to shoot High% shots and makes them over Fayette Acadmey

USJ beat TCA a non-conference but highly ranked Division I team.

Lausanne lost to ECS not a very pretty game on either teams part.

St George continues to shoot High% shots and makes them over Fayette Acadmey

USJ beat TCA a non-conference but highly ranked Division I team.

A little surprised on the Lausanne game, but it looks like St. George may come out of the west as the number one seed. Any Thoughts?

Breaking News..............Sources have confirmed that .Nilan Hodge has been reinstated to the USN team after missing the last 12 games due to suspension. He will be back for Friday nights game vs. Davidson Academy.

Might take a few games to get chemistry back as Welch and Liam Nash have been playing well, but the 3 headed monster could be tough come tournament time.

Breaking News..............Sources have confirmed that .Nilan Hodge has been reinstated to the USN team after missing the last 12 games due to suspension. He will be back for Friday nights game vs. Davidson Academy.

Might take a few games to get chemistry back as Welch and Liam Nash have been playing well, but the 3 headed monster could be tough come tournament time.

Are you sure about this?? Not questioning you but I find it hard (amazing in fact) to believe this is the case. I won't repeat what I heard the original issue was but I can't imagine USN would turn a blind eye to it...No way, No how. The school has some exposure in this as well. The old saying is true that it's not what you did or didn't do, it's what you should have done. Same goes for TSSAA.

I hope the young man finds some help. In the meantime it'll be interesting to see what happens on the court.

BoyHowdy will remain an AC (anonymous coward). I feel the comfort and security of an anonymous post brings out an honesty not found within the confines of accountability and transparency.

Are you sure about this?? Not questioning you but I find it hard (amazing in fact) to believe this is the case. I won't repeat what I heard the original issue was but I can't imagine USN would turn a blind eye to it...No way, No how. The school has some exposure in this as well. The old saying is true that it's not what you did or didn't do, it's what you should have done. Same goes for TSSAA.

I hope the young man finds some help. In the meantime it'll be interesting to see what happens on the court.

BoyHowdy will remain an AC (anonymous coward). I feel the comfort and security of an anonymous post brings out an honesty not found within the confines of accountability and transparency.

Yes. Very Sure. Expect him to play on Friday. Short leash.