South Pitt, Huntingdon Wayne County, or Perry County

LeggoStangs

You can talk about who's better all you want, but in the end we'll know.

Huntingdon may have a storied program, but since they moved back to 1A, they've done squat.

Huntingdon, IMO, is the best team in the west, and they'll get their chance to prove it.

In the meantime, whining about not getting respect, well, it's just plain annoying. :cry:

And Croz, most SP folks understand that we won't be in Cookeville if we don't beat Gordonsville who is being underestimated in my opinion. Not discrediting any of the other teams that will be in the east quad, but the representative will be one of these two teams. I have not seen any film, but the only two losses were to quality opponents...one that will probably win 2A this year and the other who is a good program as well.

And Croz, most SP folks understand that we won't be in Cookeville if we don't beat Gordonsville who is being underestimated in my opinion. Not discrediting any of the other teams that will be in the east quad, but the representative will be one of these two teams. I have not seen any film, but the only two losses were to quality opponents...one that will probably win 2A this year and the other who is a good program as well.

Totally agree. Crying over lack of respect without earning it, just bothers me. I respect G'Ville and their fans but sorry, not yet these clowns, not till they prove something other than a win over a ranked 3A team. Give me a break!!!

Totally agree. Crying over lack of respect without earning it, just bothers me. I respect G'Ville and their fans but sorry, not yet these clowns, not till they prove something other than a win over a ranked 3A team. Give me a break!!!

Huntingdon has been earning respect for MANY years.

As far as this year, I will agree that due to the past few years we have some work to do on the field to prove ourselves. But you know what, that has to be done every year by every team. Huntingdon has proven themselves as well as anyone in 1A this year. Each year is different and I don't care if a team has won a state championship every year for the last 20 years. That has NOTHING to do with this year. SP, Gordonsvill, Wayne County, or Perry county may be the best team in the state. However, it may just be Huntingdon. Yeah we have some fans that get carried away, but the same can be said for any school that has fans on here. If they weren't overly excited about their team they would not be on here.

By the way, calling other folks a clown when your name is pegleg is hilarious. :roflol:

Edited by stangfan978

I don't like it when one or possibly two S.P. fans get on here talking smack about Huntingdon, but yet everyone gets accused of it. Most people know Huntingdon has always had a good program. I hope our teams get the chance to play because that means we made it to Cookeville. Too many good teams to worry about it that right now.

I don't like it when one or possibly two S.P. fans get on here talking smack about Huntingdon, but yet everyone gets accused of it. Most people know Huntingdon has always had a good program. I hope our teams get the chance to play because that means we made it to Cookeville. Too many good teams to worry about it that right now.

been tryi' to stay quiet on this board but finally someone from pirate town speaks the truth! haaargh! hope to see you in cookville in december. by the way the sports editors at the tennessean predicted in august that the championship would be between huntingdon and south pitt. hope they are wrong about the eventual champ!

I totally agree, but I've read several comments on this thread about Huntingdon never being there before. We've been around for along time, there is great tradition here, if there wasn't me nor several others would be defending it. No Huntingdon fan has claimed being the best this year, that's to be decided with the Playoffs. Heck we may not even make it out of the quarters, but thats fine. These kids have had a great season if it ended tomorrow. The ultimate goal for this season is a district championship, and that will be decided next week when we play a very good 2A Dresden team. These players and coaching staff will not look over anyone...

Claiming a Championship @ week 9 is foolish, but just like every single fan on this message board, us Huntingdon fans are just as confident about our team as others are about theirs. We all have a common wish, and that is to watch good, injury free, games! :thumb:

Gordonsville should be listed on this list with the other big 4. The SP G'ville game will represent the east like uncle dave said. I make a prediction though that if Huntingdon emerges from the west and SP from the east then the week of that championship game there maybe 100+ pages of garbage talked and then 50 more after the game lol :roflolk:

Gordonsville should be listed on this list with the other big 4. The SP G'ville game will represent the east like uncle dave said. I make a prediction though that if Huntingdon emerges from the west and SP from the east then the week of that championship game there maybe 100+ pages of garbage talked and then 50 more after the game lol :roflolk:

Huntingdon has a good fan base on the T. That's why I take shots at them cause I know plenty will respond.

Huntingdon and South Pitt seems like the best two teams so far to me. I havent seen film or anything on them but I have been told they are pretty nasty and we will have our hands full if we make it to Cookeville. For everybody thats saying they havent been there well thats not true. Maybe not in 1A but they have been right there in the thick of things for years in 2A. Seems like when I played they had a guy named Shaka Hill or something crazy that played runningback that was as big as a horse. They have had alot of big time players come out of there for sure. I for one wasnt happy to see them come down to 1A but atleast they are in the West. South Pitt has to one get healthier and two get past a VERY good Gordonsville to even make it to Cookeville. I tend to agree with some that they are quietly not being talked about and they are a very solid team capable of beating anyone in 1A

Edited by TonyHorton91281

. If we had been in 1A along like we should have been, I promise you that we would have a least 10 state championship trophies.

I realize Huntingdon has a great program and I didn't want to disrespect them, but this is the statement that got me started. You are making a statement that you know cannot be disproved or proved. It causes some to react in the negative and in my case very negative. I have not seen any disrespect from anybody from WC or PC. Sure it probably happens I haven't seen it from anybody but Huntingdon. Just hope all stay injury free.

So its ok for all the other teams to talk smack and all us sp fans just sit back and read? I've read numerous fans from numerous teams talk smack including sp (more than one or two) another question would there even be a coacht if fans didn't talk smack? I don't think so. IMO I love the smack talk and im sure im not the only one