South Pittsburg Pirates @ G.C.A.

RoyDillardJr

+1

:thumb:

WE HAVE TO GET TRANSFERS TO POPULATE OUR SCHOOL...YOU GUYS HAVE A SET GEOGRAPHIC AREA THAT KIDS IN THAT "ZONE" HAVE TO COME TO YOUR SCHOOL. WE DON'T HAVE THAT LUXURY, PARENTS MUST CHOOSE TO SEND THEIR KID TO OUR SCHOOL. BY THE WAY, THIS YEARS SENIOR CLASS INCLUDES SEVERAL KIDS THAT HAVE BEEN AT GCA SINCE KINDERGARTEN.

WE HAVE TO GET TRANSFERS TO POPULATE OUR SCHOOL...YOU GUYS HAVE A SET GEOGRAPHIC AREA THAT KIDS IN THAT "ZONE" HAVE TO COME TO YOUR SCHOOL. WE DON'T HAVE THAT LUXURY, PARENTS MUST CHOOSE TO SEND THEIR KID TO OUR SCHOOL. BY THE WAY, THIS YEARS SENIOR CLASS INCLUDES SEVERAL KIDS THAT HAVE BEEN AT GCA SINCE KINDERGARTEN.

Yeah, yeah, same old story. That's why you guys are on probation and can go undeafeated and still not make the playoffs.

Correction: True, you may fill your school with transfers BUT it also means you get to pick which students(Athletes)come to your school too.

Edited by HHSBulldogType2001

That was a great game played by two teams that didn't want to lose. SP played tough all night and was very impressive on defense. The offense couldn't get going, and I give credit to the GCA defense for that. I know the wet field slowed you guys down, but we have a very stingy defense that contributed to your output on offense. On the flip side, we've been able to run the ball at will this year, not tonight. This is the best we've played all year, by far. I know that we are one of the best teams in 2A this year, I feel sorry for the rest of 1A after playing SP. On a dry field, you guys get your running game going (maybe) and we get our air game going (maybe). Bottom line is that this was one of the toughest defensive battles in some time. Your defense is superb. I hate that the weather played a role in BOTH teams plans. I know you guys are used to scoring points and so are we. What you hit tonight was a defense that hasn't been scored on since week 4 vs FRA and that score came late against our JV. You played a tough defense tonight, I hope that makes you guys better and you can navigate the road thru the playoffs. I look forward to watching you guys on TV in Cookeville. Best of luck thru the playoffs.

Pirate Mike, sorry I didn't get your message until after the game. I would have loved to talk with you and your brother during halftime, maybe we can do it at the Pitt next year, would like to meet you both.

you need to fix your qoute at the bottom of your posts. Hampton didn't win the region in 08 , GCA did but they cheated which gave the region to Cosby that year. Did I mention GCA CHEATED!

I agree they did and probably still do cheat. I'm not going to debate with you on who won the region that year. Cosby did beat us but there was a three way tie atop the region that year. It really comes down to what happened on the field that year and it was a three way tie no matter who cheated. To me we still tied but you guys can keep the trophy, Hampton has plenty. GRACE DID CHEAT!!! LOL!!

Edited by HHSBulldogType2001

I was waiting and waiting and waiting but no updates....I'm glad I didn't make that trip....I'm still trying to figure out if I'm getting Punked or not....What happened?!? I mean really what happened?? I can see a low scoring game with a muddy field but come on!!! What was our deal?!? I don't want to call and hear excuses from a close source so someone just shoot it to me straight! Bad QB play? Bad Running on some of our backs? Dropped balls? What was our playcalling like?? When was even the last time we were shutout?!? Guess Grace coaches that were talking big knew something after all

That wasn't actually a shot at the privates (lol), more one at Signal Mountain - they don't have a zone either (not one that they recognize anyway) - I'm still laughing about the NALB (No Athlete Left Behind) program at SM.

And stop yelling in caps - too late at night to be disturbing the peace lol.

I'm not the least bit suprised....Don't know how it went down but that's pathetic to not score once with those guys we have on offense! I can't imagine how that is humanly possible....Congrats to Grace they must b the real deal

We just went from being the favorite to traveling the whole playoffs...Gordonsville is wetting their field as we speak

Yes, they are the real deal. To answer your question about not scoring....besides the CAK game, we do not give up many points with this years defense. But, congrats to SP defense as well because we average 40 points a game and 350+ rushing yards per game on the ground alone. Great defensive battle tonight. One of the best HS football games I've seen in many, many years.

Congrats GCA Rams...you've made your school and community proud. :thumb:

Yes, they are the real deal. To answer your question about not scoring....besides the CAK game, we do not give up many points with this years defense. But, congrats to SP defense as well because we average 40 points a game and 350+ rushing yards per game on the ground alone. Great defensive battle tonight. One of the best HS football games I've seen in many, many years.

Congrats GCA Rams...you've made your school and community proud. :thumb:

Just got through looking at the scoreboard, and all I can say is wow! Sounds like quite a defensive battle! Did not see that one coming.