Sycamore (6-3) AT White House (5-4)

BDP2003

On paper, WH should take care of business at home Thursday night against Sycamore. However, Sycamore is coming off a big win against Ezell Harding and BDP is coming into this game on the heels of its' most embarrassing loss of the year, at Smith County. White House needs this win to get into the playoffs, I believe, so a loss would be disastrous. Hopefully Wicker will be back at full strength and White House can get the air attack going in front of their home crowd on senior night. Sycamore always plays WH close so anything can happen...hope to hear a lot from both sides.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The winner will get a 4 seed. The top 3 seeds will be Lexington, Liberty Tech, and Maplewood. The winner here will open at home against Chester County. The loser will travel to play either Maplewood or Liberty Tech. I like the way Sycamore has played with consistency throughout this season. White House looks like a team that is ready for this season to come to an end.

Although the Devils lost to SC, it wasn't because we were that bad, they were that good. The OL and defense lived up to their reputation for sure. They deserve to be undefeated and highly ranked. Now, to the Blue Devils, we came out of the game okay as far as injuries. Our tailback has a cut on a finger, nothing that can't be wrapped up. Some things to work on this week should be long snaps and tempo. We seemed to drag a little until the 2nd half (some story as most of our losses). I'm sure they will come out fired up on Senior night with a playoff ticket on the line. Not sure what Sycamore has, but they have won a few games. Although this season has been a little disappointing so far, the Devils will once again advance on to the playoffs with a victory. BDP!

The gentleman who yelled at the WH offensive coordinator during the Smith County should be embarrassed. I mean, it's high school football and these coaches are relying on young men ages 15-18! There is no reason for a man to yell what he yelled at a coach in the middle of the game...classless.

There are those in every crowd. I thought the OC called a decent game. Stuck with the run game that was very successful at times. Took several shots downdfield, that fortunately for SC, were just misses. WH also had a few drops in crucial situations. The OC can't catch them. The Blue Devils could be a hard out should they win this week and make it in. Best of luck from Big Owl Country.

Yeah, i can imagine who it was. Probably the one that yells at the coaches every game that we aren't winning or we aren't throwing the ball enough. I may want to yell at them sometimes, but I respect them enough and the job they are trying to do. The boys hear those things as well and it undermines what the coaches are trying to do. I wonder what his son thinks about it, mine would be very, very embarrassed. I would think that if you are mature and passionate enough about it, go talk to the coaches on Monday! Coaches and ref's have the hardest jobs, because they can't make everyone happy and shouldn't try. It takes a thick skin to be out there on some Friday nights. Everyone is a critic, but few could manage to do the job. I support all the coaches. I am thankful for the huge amount of time they put into it, and don't envy having to face the group of warriors after a tough loss and come up with motivating or comforting words. We are very blessed to have Coach Porter and his staff. They have proven themselves over the years and have proven to be a valuable part of the White House community. Our new OC is a former Blue Devil QB and that in itself should gain some respect and appreciation. Show your BDP and not your ####!

There are those in every crowd. I thought the OC called a decent game. Stuck with the run game that was very successful at times. Took several shots downdfield, that fortunately for SC, were just misses. WH also had a few drops in crucial situations. The OC can't catch them. The Blue Devils could be a hard out should they win this week and make it in. Best of luck from Big Owl Country.

My thing is this coming out in the second half The "D" makes a huge stand even stuffing the QB sneak on 4th and one. At a time when White House hadn't stopped them and the game is still within reach. The "O" jumps into their staple three back set and proceeds to run every play from that set until their stopped. I thought he was setting up the boot. Smith County was begging for it but it never came.I bet if the OC was being honest he'd love to get a do over on that one... That series broke White House's back, it was terrible and that's the truth.

Outside of that series the calls were routine and predictable. Draws and screens on third and long, run on first and second, pass on third. Everybody in Black knew what was coming all night that's for sure...

I think its time for White House to go back with Wicker at QB. Clearly they are a better team with him as leader.

My thing is this coming out in the second half The "D" makes a huge stand even stuffing the QB sneak on 4th and one. At a time when White House hadn't stopped them and the game is still within reach. The "O" jumps into their staple three back set and proceeds to run every play from that set until their stopped. I thought he was setting up the boot. Smith County was begging for it but it never came.I bet if the OC was being honest he'd love to get a do over on that one... That series broke White House's back, it was terrible and that's the truth.

Outside of that series the calls were routine and predictable. Draws and screens on third and long, run on first and second, pass on third. Everybody in Black knew what was coming all night that's for sure...

Edited by teamplayer3