Humboldt vs Union City

87vikingalumni

I do agree VikeTheKing Coach Bland and his staff will have the Vikings ready for this District Championship match up! I believe the Vikings will have a good week of practice. All you Viking fans expect to see you in Union City Friday night to support the Vikes! I can't hardly wait! :thumb:

idk good game to close to call good luck to both teams

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What does UC bring that will be the biggest threat to Humboldt.

Hyde the good running back and the veer. Hyde will carry the ball at 50 least times Friday night! According to the weather man both teams may keep it all on the ground. They are calling for rain and that could cause to a threat to both teams to hold on to the football! I just hope the weather man is wrong. It if does that will kill the a big fan base for both teams.

idk good game to close to call good luck to both teams

This game won't be close LC put up 52 on UC. Not downing anyone but UC gives up almost 35 points a game. That won't get it done Friday night! LC could only manage 7 against the Viking Defense. Viking's D only gives up around 9 a game and their pass defense as really come along this season. I look for Bland and his staff to send a message Friday night! Humboldt wins big 42-14!

Hyde the good running back and the veer. Hyde will carry the ball at 50 least times Friday night! According to the weather man both teams may keep it all on the ground. They are calling for rain and that could cause to a threat to both teams to hold on to the football! I just hope the weather man is wrong. It if does that will kill the a big fan base for both teams.

Hyde has never nor will ever carry 50 times in a game/////also no weather issues for Friday////UC has no fan base for football anymore////your score may be about right

No fans anymore. I don't understand only two years ago UC was the 1A State Champs!

UC's fan support is fine. Plenty of people in the stands and along the fence. Rain is in the forecast so that could be a factor. Orange fuzz might be drinking too many fuzzy navels with those comments.

lol. Don't know about the fuzzy navels, but there is some negativity about Union City. I agree with Zebra. They were state champs just two years ago! I have looked at two weather websites, and neither are calling for rain on Friday. Therefore, I don't think rain will be a factor. No excuses!! I hope Humboldt comes out on fire! Union City has a great running game, so I hope we can keep them at a low score. I guess we'll find out in a couple of nights. Go Vikings!!!!

Vikings need to play hard to bring this district championship home. Last year is the only year UC hasn't been a difficult game. I'm hoping Humboldt is preparing for the most difficult game every day they practice, If so Humboldt brings home a big win. Humboldt needs to play "every down".

Go Vikings!!!!!

Edited by VikeTheKing

This game won't be close LC put up 52 on UC. Not downing anyone but UC gives up almost 35 points a game. That won't get it done Friday night! LC could only manage 7 against the Viking Defense. Viking's D only gives up around 9 a game and their pass defense as really come along this season. I look for Bland and his staff to send a message Friday night! Humboldt wins big 42-14!

Again.Lake Co rushed for 225 yards and passed for 109 yards.Had it not been for all the turnovers,Lake Co would have had the ball longer and even better stats.Yes.Only 7 points but even with all the turnovers,still had a chance to pull within 21-14 going into the 4th quarter and prpbably dont have to throw the ball or could have led to different play calls and the Vikings not getting the last touchdown off the interception they ran back.Can't bank on UC turning the ball over 7 times.I think it will be a close game.Could be wrong.I'm thinking maybe 28 to 21.

Again.Lake Co rushed for 225 yards and passed for 109 yards.Had it not been for all the turnovers,Lake Co would have had the ball longer and even better stats.Yes.Only 7 points but even with all the turnovers,still had a chance to pull within 21-14 going into the 4th quarter and prpbably dont have to throw the ball or could have led to different play calls and the Vikings not getting the last touchdown off the interception they ran back.Can't bank on UC turning the ball over 7 times.I think it will be a close game.Could be wrong.I'm thinking maybe 28 to 21.

Bigster,

Get the facts straight. The better stats were the 380 yards rushing that the Vikes put on you. I understand that Humboldt's game plan was to give up short plays and make Lake county work to score because they had shown impatience on film. The coaches knew that the turnovers would come because lake co has done it all year. By the way, the key stat is 2 to for Humboldt and 6 for lake co. The other key stat is 3 plays from the 1/2 foot line and you couldn't get past our DEFENSE! Oh yeah and 99 yards later, Humboldt had 7 more points. SORE LOSER!!!!