Humboldt vs Union City

87vikingalumni

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Humboldt's D simply is getting better and better! The Vikings will not give up many points to anyone! Shuting out UC 29-0 not many teams have done that! :thumb:

Yep that D is awesome I keep saying, you can knock but you can't come in. They keep improving. And that O, passed and they ran. They went from power I, to spread at will, and still much more unseen. Only used when necessary. :thumb:

I've seen Lake Co lose a bunch of games over the years.Don't know why that would make me a Sore loser after one more.This loss didnt bother me one bit .Would rather lose to Humboldt than to Union City.But at the same time,seen a lot of victories.Probably as many playoff appearances as any Single A team ,several state runnersups and a couple State titles.And one in Basketball.So compared to a lot of schools,not too bad. .I know that's how the game goes sometimes.Usually turnovers play a part.Sometimes when two teams are pretty even,the game can go either way.Sometimes when the teams are pretty even,turnovers play a big role and make the game really worsr than what it was.Not saying Humboldt isn't the better team.We may could play 10 times and Humboldt win all 10 times.What I was trying to say is ,just because the score was 35-7 and Lake Co scored 50 plus points on Union City,dont think that yalls game with them is going to be a blow out.Lake Co moved the ball and I expect Union City will as well.And they probably play the run better than Lake Co does.Lake Co passed at will on Union City.Dont think the Vikings can.The Vikings have a very good running game.I think Union city will play the run better than Lake Co and those long 75 yard runs won't be there.Like I said,maybe 28-21 humboldt.

The Vikings QB played well tonight and completed a few passes and just wore down the UC D. How did UC score 46 on LC and the Vikings shut them out! It is called DEFENSE!!

Proud of our Vikings tonight! Union City has a good team. They will be a force in the playoffs, but only if they can keep those turnovers down. That is the only thing that is holding them back because they are a tough football team. I know this is not a newsflash. Yall have been saying the turnovers have killed you. Union City had good success running the ball at times, but the Tornadoes seemed to get a bit impatient. Humboldt, on the other hand, was the more successful team at sustaining long drives. As I said before the game, I thought that would be the key. We had some good passes, and Montague made good decisions with the ball, running when he needed to. He just had some miscues and fumbled a couple of times. I hope this was only due to the slippery ball! It took our defense several minutes to get a hold on the Union City offense, and once we did, there wasn't much UC could do, especially after shooting themselves in the foot. I think Shaquille McCorry leads West Tennessee in interceptions. As others have said, we aren't giving up much, and I hope that continues. Our offense is clicking, too. We are diverse and keep defenses guessing. I hope this continues, too. We will have a bye in the first round, and I hope that works in our favor. I guess we will find out tomorrow what quad we are in and who our potential opponent will be. GO VIKINGS!!!! :thumb:

Union City, you have a good team. Good luck in the playoffs! I am pulling for yall!

Edited by VolsMan16

The Vikings QB played well tonight and completed a few passes and just wore down the UC D. How did UC score 46 on LC and the Vikings shut them out! It is called DEFENSE!!

Congrats.Thought Union City would score at least 21 points.If Lake Co holds onto the ball,then the Lake Co offense should be able to move it on any single a team with what they did against Humboldt as far as yardage.Even though the points werent on the scoreboard.But again.Great win .Also helped Lake Co in gettting a bye and home field.Glad to see the Vikings helping the poor defenless Falcons out.

Congrats.Thought Union City would score at least 21 points.If Lake Co holds onto the ball,then the Lake Co offense should be able to move it on any single a team with what they did against Humboldt as far as yardage.Even though the points werent on the scoreboard.But again.Great win .Also helped Lake Co in gettting a bye and home field.Glad to see the Vikings helping the poor defenless Falcons out.

UC had really consider themselves lucky. Humboldt shot themselves in the a couple of times with stupid mistakes. UC defense played well in the first half taking nothing fron UC. UC does a goood team but depth will hurt them in the playoffs. Good luck to the Tornadoes in the playoffs!