CPA - Pearl Cohn

CPA4Ever

PC playing for District 10 title. CPA playing for higher playoff seeding and home field in playoffs. Both teams played Maplewood straight up, which makes this a hard call. PC has had a tougher schedule and lost to some really good teams. CPA had Maplewood beat but let it slip away.

Based on season so far, this one is a real toss-up. However, i believe if CPA plays defense like they did at Lipscomb, they will win. One advantage they have is kicking game, both on kicks and returns. Could be big in a close matchup like this.

What do you think?

I wouldn't be shocked to see Pearl-Cohn possibly concede this game due to the fact that they don't want to have to play CPA in back-to-back weeks. I feel like the Firebirds may not want to play CPA in consecutive weeks. With that in mind I'll pick CPA to win this regular season meeting between the two schools.

Don't know if you are kidding or not, but it is interesting to note that if PC loses, it would probably be a better draw for both CPA and PC in the first round. Don't think they will concede. It should be a great game.

On a side note, it is interesting to see how improved CPA is this year in light of the coaching philosophy to play the best athletes both ways, rather than 2 platoon as in the past. Winston Williams is a senior who never played anything but defense his first 3 years, and he is having a great year at safety and RB. Same is true of Sam Cranford, who never played defense until this year, and is really having a really good year on defense.

I wouldn't be shocked to see Pearl-Cohn possibly concede this game due to the fact that they don't want to have to play CPA in back-to-back weeks. I feel like the Firebirds may not want to play CPA in consecutive weeks. With that in mind I'll pick CPA to win this regular season meeting between the two schools.

Herm Edwards "You play to win the game!"

If Pearl-Cohn losses and chatt Tyner wins Pearl-Cohn at 5-5 may not make the playoffs. Pearl-Cohn needs the win more than CPA

It will be interesting to see once the TSSAA playoff standings are released on Tuesday, but if Loundon was in after week 8 with 3 wins then I would think that Pearl-Cohn would be in after week 10 with 5 wins even if they lost to CPA.

Don't know if you are kidding or not, but it is interesting to note that if PC loses, it would probably be a better draw for both CPA and PC in the first round. Don't think they will concede. It should be a great game.

On a side note, it is interesting to see how improved CPA is this year in light of the coaching philosophy to play the best athletes both ways, rather than 2 platoon as in the past. Winston Williams is a senior who never played anything but defense his first 3 years, and he is having a great year at safety and RB. Same is true of Sam Cranford, who never played defense until this year, and is really having a really good year on defense.

Interesting, because according to bertier's playoff thread if CPA wins then they would be a 4/5 seed and pc would be an 8 seed playing 1 seed sc in first round and if CPA won they would play winner of that game. Interesting that you think that would be easier but hey you haven't been Bashful about it all year!

Edited by I Love HS Football

If Pearl-Cohn wins they'll be a 3 seed. This is so because they'd be the third district champion in Q3 (behind Smith County and Goodpasture). CPA would be a 6 seed. They'd be the top "wild card" in Q3 (remember that 4 and 5 seeds Harpeth & Sequatchie County are in line to be "runner-up" in their districts).

If CPA wins they'd be a 3 seed. They'd be the top runner up based on overall record. There would only be 2 district champions in Q3 under this scenario and they are Smith County and Goodpasture. Pearl-Cohn would be a "wild card" and seeded anywhere from a 6 to an 8 seed depending on how Grundy County and Cheatham County do in their games this week.

If Pearl-Cohn wins they'll be a 3 seed. This is so because they'd be the third district champion in Q3 (behind Smith County and Goodpasture). CPA would be a 6 seed. They'd be the top "wild card" in Q3 (remember that 4 and 5 seeds Harpeth & Sequatchie County are in line to be "runner-up" in their districts).

If CPA wins they'd be a 3 seed. They'd be the top runner up based on overall record. There would only be 2 district champions in Q3 under this scenario and they are Smith County and Goodpasture. Pearl-Cohn would be a "wild card" and seeded anywhere from a 6 to an 8 seed depending on how Grundy County and Cheatham County do in their games this week.

Anyway you look at it. This quad will have some great match ups. SC, CPA, PC and Goodpasture all in same quad. I think the west would be represented out of one of these teams.

Interesting, because according to bertier's playoff thread if CPA wins then they would be a 4/5 seed and pc would be an 8 seed playing 1 seed sc in first round and if CPA won they would play winner of that game. Interesting that you think that would be easier but hey you haven't been Bashful about it all year!

"Interesting that you think that would be easier but hey you haven't been Bashful about it all year!"

Back that statement up with my posts.

BTW, I left posting on SC threads over 7 weeks ago, but that was not good enough for you. You have to come over to CPA threads and pick a fight. Give it a rest.