Maryville at Lenoir City

MHS82

Make your pick...  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

Well, the people who can't let the big boy thing go obviously thought they had something to prove. It's been over 2 years now. We all know how good Maryville is. I always knew how good they were. Time to let it go. All im saying. People focus too much on class anyway. A good football team is a good football team. 6a to say 5a, isn't that big of a deal imo.

And if you had to read & Listening to that ditribe for 12 years or better it might take a little time to move on. Even when MHS was playing for or defending the 4A SC's all during the 2000's and even at times now, everyone has bigger, better, faster and more athletic teams than Maryville had/has. Well what good is all of that hype if you can't win?

My point is and was Maryville again has run the table vs. the teams around the Knoxville area who clammered for MHS to step up. Now after three years with the so called "Big Boys" the Maryville record is not much different than it was at 4A. Will it stay that way, no one knows. For now I think MHS has a arrived and LC will be the last regular season W of the 2011 season.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And if you had to read & Listening to that ditribe for 12 years or better it might take a little time to move on. Even when MHS was playing for or defending the 4A SC's all during the 2000's and even at times now, everyone has bigger, better, faster and more athletic teams than Maryville had/has. Well what good is all of that hype if you can't win?

My point is and was Maryville again has run the table vs. the teams around the Knoxville area who clammered for MHS to step up. Now after three years with the so called "Big Boys" the Maryville record is not much different than it was at 4A. Will it stay that way, no one knows. For now I think MHS has a arrived and LC will be the last regular season W of the 2011 season.

Well, i think the people who did clamor for it, are not clamoring right now. So, you shut them up. Like i said, it is time to move on.

Oh gosh, your still talking about that big boy crap? give it a rest lol

But Sweet, it is just so much fun to bring it up!

Even more fun, is listening to some of the excuses you hear from those we are beating. I even enjoy sitting on the visitor's side (especially in the playoffs) and listen to the "big boy" teams talk about finally getting the chance to prove they would have kept us from winning all those championships if we had played in their classification.

The psychological progression is kinda fun to observe:

Anticipation and Confidence then Surprise- "Wow! the rebs scored pretty fast there...wait til we get the ball"

Shock- "I can't believe they got that pick for a touchdown!"

Dismay- "Man they just stuffed our best running back...oh well, we just have to settle down and play our game"

Despair- (When they hear "Touchdown Merryville!") "I can't believe they let that reciever get behind them"

Blame- What is the coach thinking? I can't believe the ref didn't see that late hit? C'mon zebra he's holding, are you blind?

Annoyed - "I hate that Notre Dame fight song!

Justification- "If ***** was healthy this would be different! We are just down this year, if we had played them last year we would have killed 'em!

Halftime

Upsmanship - "At least our concessions are better!"

Bargaining - "Let's just keep from gettin' Mercy-ruled. You bet! They can't mercy-rule us!"

Acceptance - "Well, beating us like this proves they are the best team in the State."

Hope - "We'll get 'em next year!"

Final Justification - "If we could have used our Cowbell's it would have been different!"

Sorry Sweet, it's still too early to stop gloating! Maybe next year!

:lol:

Even more fun, is listening to some of the excuses you hear from those we are beating. I even enjoy sitting on the visitor's side (especially in the playoffs) and listen to the "big boy" teams talk about finally getting the chance to prove they would have kept us from winning all those championships if we had played in their classification.

Anticipation and Confidence then Surprise- "Wow! the rebs scored pretty fast there...wait til we get the ball"

Dismay- "Man they just stuffed our best running back...oh well, we just have to settle down and play our game"

Despair- (When they hear "Touchdown Merryville!") "I can't believe they let that reciever get behind them"

Blame- What is the coach thinking? I can't believe the ref didn't see that late hit? C'mon zebra he's holding, are you blind?

Justification- "If ***** was healthy this would be different! We are just down this year, if we had played them last year we would have killed 'em!

Halftime

Bargaining - "Let's just keep from gettin' Mercy-ruled. You bet! They can't mercy-rule us!"

Acceptance - "Well, beating us like this proves they are the best team in the State."

Final Justification - "If we could have used our Cowbell's it would have been different!"

:roflol::roflolk:

Halftime

Simply the best post of the year!

Oh gosh, your still talking about that big boy crap? give it a rest lol

Sweet , you've only been around a couple of years and yet you're already tired of hearing anyone bring up the " Big Boys " crap ..... ok , now just imagine we go on about that for another 10 years ..... then you would begin to understand just what we always went through around here ..... lol . Chip on our shoulder ... you bet , little man syndrome ? Did you think we were little men when we played you ? The honest truth is we had one of our weakest teams ever under Quarles our first year in 6A , and we still made it to the State Championship game . I promise you , you would feel different if it had been Oak Ridge winning all these Championships this last dozen years , but still being disrespected at every turn .

Sweet , you've only been around a couple of years and yet you're already tired of hearing anyone bring up the " Big Boys " crap ..... ok , now just imagine we go on about that for another 10 years ..... then you would begin to understand just what we always went through around here ..... lol . Chip on our shoulder ... you bet , little man syndrome ? Did you think we were little men when we played you ? The honest truth is we had one of our weakest teams ever under Quarles our first year in 6A , and we still made it to the State Championship game . I promise you , you would feel different if it had been Oak Ridge winning all these Championships this last dozen years , but still being disrespected at every turn .

Pepvol,

i wasn't and haven't been one of them so called fans who called out Maryville and said they weren't playing the BIG BOYS. Maybe i would be like yall if i was in your situation, but from the outside looking in, it is just annoying after awhile, especially when i was one of the ones who never thought that. And if you will read my posts, you can see that. It just gets old, and after awhile it becomes bragging in sort of a way. Just saying, i am the first guy to give Maryville all the credit in the world. If you will sift through my posts on this message board you will see that. Just know that every fan of every other dang team didn't have this type attitude. The ones who did, are theo nes who know ZERO about Football. Like the guy above me said, and i have said. Move on. You have proved your point, it becomes gloating after awhile.

Pepvol,

i wasn't and haven't been one of them so called fans who called out Maryville and said they weren't playing the BIG BOYS. Maybe i would be like yall if i was in your situation, but from the outside looking in, it is just annoying after awhile, especially when i was one of the ones who never thought that. And if you will read my posts, you can see that. It just gets old, and after awhile it becomes bragging in sort of a way. Just saying, i am the first guy to give Maryville all the credit in the world. If you will sift through my posts on this message board you will see that. Just know that every fan of every other dang team didn't have this type attitude. The ones who did, are theo nes who know ZERO about Football. Like the guy above me said, and i have said. Move on. You have proved your point, it becomes gloating after awhile.

No one is referring to you sweetscience when that is brought up , you're a classy guy . You're annoyed already , now multiply that by another 10 years then you get a picture of how annoying it was to us . Really easy for you to say , get over it , move on , all of the above , when you didn't have to be in our shoes for 12 plus years , once again , the fact that this bothers you so much already , just proves my point even more about just how annoying it was for us to have to hear about it for 10 more years than you have listened to us . Btw .... when we told others how "annoying" the big boy talk was to us .... it didn't make it stop . I would bet money that the majority of schools in our same position would be gloating and talking a whole lot more than we do . I'm proud that for the majority of the time Maryville fans don't try to rub other teams noses in it , but I also understand a Maryville fan throwing it out there every now and then . Walk a mile in our shoes .

"

No one is referring to you sweetscience when that is brought up , you're a classy guy . You're annoyed already , now multiply that by another 10 years then you get a picture of how annoying it was to us . Really easy for you to say , get over it , move on , all of the above , when you didn't have to be in our shoes for 12 plus years , once again , the fact that this bothers you so much already , just proves my point even more about just how annoying it was for us to have to hear about it for 10 more years than you have listened to us . Btw .... when we told others how "annoying" the big boy talk was to us .... it didn't make it stop . I would bet money that the majority of schools in our same position would be gloating and talking a whole lot more than we do . I'm proud that for the majority of the time Maryville fans don't try to rub other teams noses in it , but I also understand a Maryville fan throwing it out there every now and then . Walk a mile in our shoes .

"

I understand, but yall have proved your point on the field, and really that is all that matters. Haters are gonna hate. I am proud enough of the tradition and classiness of Oak Ridge football to never be jealous of Maryville's success the past 10 or so years. Yall deserve every bit of commendation's you can get. Probably hasn't been a run like this ever in Tennessee HS sports. It goes both ways, walk a mile in your shoes yes, but in the others shoes not everybody thought that way and it gets old hearing it lol. Yall have proved it on the field, telling it on a message board or somebody's face if it makes you feel better do it. But, their is really no use for it to me. Just me though.

I understand, but yall have proved your point on the field, and really that is all that matters. Haters are gonna hate. I am proud enough of the tradition and classiness of Oak Ridge football to never be jealous of Maryville's success the past 10 or so years. Yall deserve every bit of commendation's you can get. Probably hasn't been a run like this ever in Tennessee HS sports. It goes both ways, walk a mile in your shoes yes, but in the others shoes not everybody thought that way and it gets old hearing it lol. Yall have proved it on the field, telling it on a message board or somebody's face if it makes you feel better do it. But, their is really no use for it to me. Just me though.

I hear you Sweetscience , I only wished that all High School Football fans were as Classy ( oops some don't like it when I mention the "C " Word :roflol: ) as you are . Believe me , the majority of Maryville fans want to represent our school in an honorable way , and it's very easy to do so when you have mutual respect for one another .