District 9A

CoffeeBreak

Community shot so poorly from the three and had very little from their post play especially the ones who had been playing so well. MTCS should not have been able to stop their post but they did.

Forrest did a great job of changing the tempo of the game during the 3rd quarter. Cascade got out of their half court game and played into Forrest's game. Needed a complete game and only had three quarters.

Forrest and MTCS should be a great game. County rival game should also be good.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cascade vs Forrest was a tale of two halves. Cascade was great for the first half. Forrest heated up in the second half. Cascade is a very good team. They will be at the top of the district next year.

MTCS vs Community was an exciting game as well. Leverette being in foul trouble and sitting for most of the first half was a big advantage for MTCS. Spears eclipsed the 1,000 pt mark tonight which is impressive for a sophomore. Farmer played well too.

Forrest and MTCS split during the regular season. The gym will be rockin'

cascade's boys have the potential to be a district powerhouse for some years to come. they graduate one senior (marable), and have only junior (pimental). the rest of the starters are all sophomores. in addition to that, the champs have a stacked lineup in the middle school team as well...the middle school basketball team averaged some 50 points per game this year...

How will 9A compete against 10A in Region? With no one like CA how good are the teams this year. Is it McEwen and WWH and the rest average? Let's hear from 10A. Community and Forrest should be able to play with most teams; Cascade and MTCS are good enough to compete when they are on their games.

The time is now!! I saw the first round of 9A games at MTCS. I was impressed with the speed and shooting from MTCS and Community...(missed Forrest)I was really shocked that MTCS won against Community n the 2nd round. Judging from the inside play that Community had I figured it would be a wash for them against MTCS. The one thing I saw in the two late games in the first round was the lack of calls from the Refs...insane. Both ways, they really let the boys play. :shock: Ya just don't get that up here in 10A. Refs are for the most part strict as he%%. If 9A is used to the no calls... they could be in real trouble here. McEwen is Solid from point to post. WHHeritage and McEwen split the season. Each winning on their own court. Jo Byrns is MUCH improve over the season and are hot right now. It would not surprise me if they upset McEwen in the 2nd round. Heritage will have their hands full with East Robertson who pulled the upset over NCS in rd 1. ER will be playing in their own gym. ER has a super quick guard(Bell)scored 21 vs NCS last night. Overall the teams I saw play 9A seem quicker with the drive and dish type mentality,press style. You wont get that from Heritage-Jo Byrns but you will from McEwen and ER. I will be good come Regional play. I'm guessing 2-2 split and if it goes 3-1 the nod goes to 10A.

Sounds like a grest battle. Don't think MTCS has ever won the District.

Never. My understanding is that back in the 90s they made it to a district championship game but didn't win and didn't advance (qualification for region play was different then). At some point MTCS went Division II and then back to Division I. Since the return to D1 they have never advanced to regional play. Its all new territory now.

It wasn't a half court but a player hid in the corner while MTCS was shooting free throws. No one saw him and he nailed the shot to win the game. They also played in the championship one other time but one of their star players was sick and they lost again. Don't remember the year but it was at Cascade.

Is Moore Co. going to host the District at Motlow next year?

Who is District 9A MVP? At this point I would give the MVP to Derick Spears. Where did all of the Jake Leverette MVP fans go, they have been quite? It also looks like that weak schedule Unionville played came back to haunt them. They will still end up 3rd or 4th and probably lose in the first round of the Region.

Don't know what happened to Jake. Would probably go with Jacob M. from Huntland now. Without him Huntland would have been awful. They really wer a two man team.

Leverette had a terrific high school season and career. If memory serves he hit the 1,000 point this year and that is a great accomplishment.

Jacob M is clearly one of the best (maybe the best) players in the district. Spears and Farmer are at the top of the heap as well. It's hard to say who the standout is on Forrest. At times Pope can absolutely take over a game but their others guys can step up and play as well. Pimental at Cascade is very good but probably not an MVP candidate this year. The same can be said for Barnes.

If MTCS is able to win Friday night I think it should be either Spears or Farmer. MTCS went into the tournament as a 6 seed with a 6-8 record. They have earned a trip to the Regions for the first time in school history.